Victory Beers 🍺 - Spencer Brown!

wppete

7 hours ago, Simon said:

Some people are just too weak to handle it when things get hot in the kitchen so they just start screaming like toddlers.

Any sorry excuse for a man that is too pathetically weak to control himself is certainly too weak to control me.

If a pissed off coach walks comes up to me on the sidelines, looks me in the eye and says "Simon, you can't do that because A, B and C; next time do X, Y and Z. Now get your mind right and be ready to roll." then he earns my respect and I go out and do what he says. If some nutless asshat starts screaming in my face and calling me an idiot, then I learn nothing, the problem isn't solved and I lose respect for him.

You want to solve problems and be respected by grown men, then you show the same respect that you expect from them. A guy that can't do that is a bad coach and a weak man.

I understand what you are saying, but why the narrative that someone who yells is being derogatory toward you?  He who yells may say the exact same thing but yells instead of talking calmly.  What is the difference then?  Frailty of he who receives.  How do millions deal with drill instructors coaching them and respect them for it?

• Disagree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/20/2021 at 2:12 AM, wppete said:

Love this guys attitude and the nastiness he plays with. He brings an attitude to the Oline. 

Could he bring some blocking with his nastiness? 

4 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I understand what you are saying, but why the narrative that someone who yells is being derogatory toward you?  He who yells may say the exact same thing but yells instead of talking calmly.  What is the difference then?  Frailty of he who receives.  How do millions deal with drill instructors coaching them and respect them for it?

I have no idea because I couldn't do it. I am with Simon. Shout and scream at me and you have lost my respect straight away. 

A former member of the Cabinet here in the UK who had a reputation for screaming at officials who just sat there and took it started screaming at me in a meeting and I just got up, told him that I was not willing to continue the conversation until he was able to discuss the matter civilly and walked out of the meeting. Tell you what, he never screamed at me again. 

There is simply no excuse for it. It is the last vestige of a desperate man who isn't intelligent enough to have a difficult conversation in an adult manner. 

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Could he bring some blocking with his nastiness? 

Kinda expected the good possibility he could struggle on that side. I mean he could have done better, I get that and agree, but how high were your expectations? 

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

41 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Kinda expected the good possibility he could struggle on that side. I mean he could have done better, I get that and agree, but how high were your expectations? 

I think Brown mad a good start to the season when he first took over the starting RT role. The injury and the covid isolation have rather disrupted his season and I think the last 3 games he has really struggled in pass pro. He barely blocked a thing on Sunday and despite the fact it has not been a vintage Dion Dawkins season my word do we still see the downgrade when he is not out there. Brown still has a high ceiling and good long term potential but his footwork issues have definitely shown up the past few weeks even at right tackle and he will need some work in the offseason. 

20 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Brown mad a good start to the season when he first took over the starting RT role. The injury and the covid isolation have rather disrupted his season and I think the last 3 games he has really struggled in pass pro. He barely blocked a thing on Sunday and despite the fact it has not been a vintage Dion Dawkins season my word do we still see the downgrade when he is not out there. Brown still has a high ceiling and good long term potential but his footwork issues have definitely shown up the past few weeks even at right tackle and he will need some work in the offseason. 

Ok, It seemed like you were talking about the Panthers game in particular in which he went to LT. That's reason I said it was expected he very likely would struggle considering less than 2 days for him to prepare to play a position he isn't familiar with. 

As for his play at RT, I agree that he started out good and since has had some ups and downs in a few games. Overall he still is better than what Williams has done there this season. I don't know about you, but to me the OL is the best they can do on that side when he's RT and Williams at G.

On 12/20/2021 at 5:40 AM, vincec said:

I keep reading that Brown should never have been put at LT, but wasn’t he the Bills “swing tackle” coming out of preseason? It was not a tough choice. He was obviously not ready, but that’s due to an overestimation of his current ability, IMO.

Yes, you're correct.  Brown was the Swing coming out of training camp.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.