Talent Evaluation

Milanos Milano

Bills fans don’t deserve the mediocrity we have endured for decades and even this year. How many times must we sit here after a gut wrenching loss and question if we have the right management. A team just passed the ball 3 times tonight and won with less than 40 yards passing. If that isn’t a wtf moment, nobody will ever care. It’s obvious to anyone our offensive line is beyond abysmal, and our running game just doesn’t have the play making abilities. We have invested an insane amount of draft capital and FA capital on the defense and we couldn’t stop the run that everyone in the stadium knew was coming. We couldn’t score anything in the red zone, we have no physicality.

Honestly if Beane and McDermott don’t address 85% or more on offensive this offseason, they need to seriously be fired. You spend millions of dollars on a star QB and yet we can’t score enough points against a team that passed the ball 3 times??!! Allen isn’t the problem, but if we don’t seriously get him the help he deserves, then Bills fans deserve better coaches and management. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

And yet...

...had Josh Allen hit any of the many wide open receivers when we needed to score most, at the end of the game, we would have won a game that we were never out of.

I like our odds against New England in the rematch; this game was massively winnable tonight.

We were out-coached badly, Josh had one of his mediocre games b/c of poor line play as much as anything, and our entire approach to offense was not sound.  Of course, the defense couldn't stop the run, despite knowing it was coming.

Still, had we been able to pass as normal in this game, I think we win by maybe even 2 touchdowns.

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Nextmanup said:

And yet...

...had Josh Allen hit any of the many wide open receivers when we needed to score most, at the end of the game, we would have won a game that we were never out of.

I like our odds against New England in the rematch; this game was massively winnable tonight.

We were out-coached badly, Josh had one of his mediocre games b/c of poor line play as much as anything, and our entire approach to offense was not sound.  Of course, the defense couldn't stop the run, despite knowing it was coming.

Still, had we been able to pass as normal in this game, I think we win by maybe even 2 touchdowns.

It is absolutely mind boggling to me that anyone who watched that game could put an ounce of blame on Allen

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

It is absolutely mind boggling to me that anyone who watched that game could put an ounce of blame on Allen

He was fantastic, and with zero help,  outside of about two plays. 

They just happened to be a couple critical plays that armchair QB's with perfect hindsight live for.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

He was fantastic, and with zero help,  outside of about two plays. 

They just happened to be a couple critical plays that armchair QB's with perfect hindsight live for.

How many QBs in the league could have done what Josh Allen did tonight? Bill wouldn’t even like Mac throw the ball, that should tell you everything you need to know about how good Allen is. No other QB could have done what Josh did tonight with the line play we have. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

And yet...

What a strange take.  Did you even watch the game? Had Knox & Diggs held onto 3 very catchable balls (and I'm not even talking about the last one by Knox in the end zone) we win this game by two scores.  When you're going up against Belichic and NE the margin for error is very small and those three drops killed us.

• Agree 6

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

And yet...

The ESPN Announcers spelled out for you that Allen was scrambling for his life on the few occasions he did not try to throw to open receivers.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gene1973 said:

If another draft goes by and we still don't have a legit RB1, the Pegulas will have some decisions to make IMO.

This is how our draft should go. 

OG, OG, OT, OG, CB   . Unfortunately there aren’t very many good RBs in the draft this year and the FA isn’t great either. Draft a bunch of linemen and lets re-evaluated the running backs with a revamped offensive line. 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Process said:

it's brain worms. Sheer brain worms. The dude literally was willing us to win with some of the most insane throws you could possibly make then WHOOPS TIME TO HAND OFF THE BALL TO MOSS FOR NO GAIN AGAIN

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

And yet...

Going to quote this again to further emphasize how absurd it is.

2 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

it's brain worms. Sheer brain worms. The dude literally was willing us to win with some of the most insane throws you could possibly make then WHOOPS TIME TO HAND OFF THE BALL TO MOSS FOR NO GAIN AGAIN

Moss could have bumped that run outside for an easy 4 yards  before he would be touched.  He ran right into the blocking.  He is slow and lacks vision.  Same with Singletary. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Bob in STL said:

Moss could have bumped that run outside for an easy 4 yards  before he would be touched.  He ran right into the blocking.  He is slow and lacks vision.  Same with Singletary. 

Singletary at least rips off a 20-yard run at times. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.