Democracy’s Fiery Ordeal: The War in Ukraine 🇺🇦

Tiberius

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Yes, it sucks that the pro-Putin side isn't better represented, is that right? 

Maybe if Hitler had better media support in the US during WW2 things would not have been as bad. 

How stupid! 

So its the United States taxpayers responsibility to protect Africa and the middle east now? 

Interesting, tell me more...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

Ask Quebec. Somehow, they make it work. 

Quebec is 90% people that are not Canadian? and only 7% Canadian citizens?

3 hours ago, TSOL said:

So its the United States taxpayers responsibility to protect Africa and the middle east now? 

I find it fascinating a Canadian has so many hard ideals about American politics and foreign policy.

3 hours ago, TSOL said:

Although there's a lot of hoopla and virtue signalling from western sources worrying about those poor Africans and Middle Easterners almost all the grain shipments out of Ukraine were going to Europe.  So its not like Africa/ME are suddenly being deprived of grain with the agreement ending.  They were already getting screwed.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, TSOL said:

What if I say yes? 

What if I say no? 

19 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Although there's a lot of hoopla and virtue signalling from western sources worrying about those poor Africans and Middle Easterners almost all the grain shipments out of Ukraine were going to Europe.  So its not like Africa/ME are suddenly being deprived of grain with the agreement ending.  They were already getting screwed.  

Do you understand how supply and demand works? 

22 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Also, "western sources"? You speak like a Kremlin clown or Baghdad Bob

https://www.politico.eu/article/ben-cohen-ukraine-war-russia-blames-america-ben-and-jerrys/

When Russian President Vladimir Putin sent tanks rolling on Kyiv, Cohen didn’t focus his ire on the Kremlin; a group he funds published a full-page ad in the New York Times blaming the act of aggression on “deliberate provocations” by the U.S. and NATO.

I don’t care that Cohen is no longer involved with the company. Both he and B&J’s hate democracy and should move to Russia! I will help them pack. 

Interesting development to me today:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-arrests-a-hard-line-nationalist-who-accused-putin-of-weakness-in-ukraine/ar-AA1eaxwR?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3d662847ac694b4db70e0718ff6a3908&ei=35

Igor Girkin/Strelkov played a leadership role for Russia in Donetsk in 2014 and has ties to the military and current conflict in Ukraine.  He's been hugely critical of Russian leadership, including Putin, for some time now.  He also doesn't like and is critical of Prigozhin and Wagner.

What's interesting to me is why is Girkin arrested while Prigozhin is still free and mouthing off?

I've never fully believed the health/cancer rumors about Putin but at this point I wonder if there is some truth to them and Prigozhin is tabbed to soon be his successor?  Perhaps just biding time in Belarus until Putin's gone?  It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me otherwise.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-arrests-a-hard-line-nationalist-who-accused-putin-of-weakness-in-ukraine/ar-AA1eaxwR?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=3d662847ac694b4db70e0718ff6a3908&ei=35

Igor Girkin/Strelkov played a leadership role for Russia in Donetsk in 2014 and has ties to the military and current conflict in Ukraine.  He's been hugely critical of Russian leadership, including Putin, for some time now.  He also doesn't like and is critical of Prigozhin and Wagner.

What's interesting to me is why is Girkin arrested while Prigozhin is still free and mouthing off?

I've never fully believed the health/cancer rumors about Putin but at this point I wonder if there is some truth to them and Prigozhin is tabbed to soon be his successor?  Perhaps just biding time in Belarus until Putin's gone?  It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me otherwise.

Thoughts?

A lot is going on behind the scenes now.  Ukraines intelligence ministry said there's another coup or revolt going on, a newer one.  Who knows though,  ton of misinformation out there.  Prigozhin did weaken Putin but whether anything will come of it ....

3 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

Thoughts?

It's a rough puzzle to put together. Surovikin's disappeared, a raft of of very competent VDV officers, starting with Mikhail Teplinsky, are on the chopping block supposedly.

Now LPR/DNR Ultra-Nationalists are being scooped up and black bagged.

However, Shoigu and Gerasimov are untouched.

So, I agree, it looks like Prigozhin finagled his way into Putin's inner circle. I just wonder what leverage he has over Putin that's keeping him alive. I still think it's to secure Wagner's loyalty, so they can be used for an attritional offensive against the truly massive defensive lines between Belarus and Kyiv and win the war* but we'll see. 

*Maybe, possibly, it beats years more attritional war. Russia doesn't have the bottomless manpower reserves the USSR/WarPact did. 

Edited by Coffeesforclosers

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

How’s the war going everyone? Are we done yet? Did we reach as long as it was going to take? 

Wars generally take a little while, especially whenever they are Dug in and as much as they are even whenever this started the people in the know, said that if it didn’t end right away, it was going to take years meaning if Russia didn’t overwhelm them in the beginning, it was gonna be protracted war

I have no problem with funding them as long as

We don’t put our own troops on the ground I’m not talking about people to train them how to use weapons I’m talking about actual troops

And

We keep giving them aid, but having accountability of how that aid is being spent, and where it’s going

The military contractors are getting fat and rich off of this

Edited by John from Riverside

41 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Wars generally take a little while, especially whenever they are Dug in and as much as they are even whenever this started the people in the know, said that if it didn’t end right away, it was going to take years meaning if Russia didn’t overwhelm them in the beginning, it was gonna be protracted war

I have no problem with funding them as long as

We don’t put our own troops on the ground I’m not talking about people to train them how to use weapons I’m talking about actual troops

And

We keep giving them aid, but having accountability of how that aid is being spent, and where it’s going

The military contractors are getting fat and rich off of this

So in other words….as long as it takes? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So in other words….as long as it takes? 

Maybe?

as someone who has participated in it, I think wars are bad

I think part of the agreement to send aid should also be legitimate attempts at peace talks although I don’t know if Putin is really into that

Edited by John from Riverside

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Maybe?

as someone who has participated in it, I think wars are bad

I think part of the agreement to send aid should also be legitimate attempts at peace talks although I don’t know if Putin is really into that

Thanks for your service, but with all due respect we should only fight wars to win them….and fast 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for your service, but with all due respect we should only fight wars to win them….and fast 

But we’re not fighting it Therefore have only so much control of it

I really don’t want another Afghanistan, which is what you get whenever you fight wars on foreign soil

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

But we’re not fighting it Therefore have only so much control of it

I really don’t want another Afghanistan, which is what you get whenever you fight wars on foreign soil

So we’re just paying for other people to get killed. Wonderful 

• Like (+1) 1