Anyone using IPTV?

Virgil

I guess I've been living in a cave, but I just recently heard about IPTV.  I won't get into all the details of it, as I'm not sure if it'll be a TOS violation, but I've found the entire process to be very easy.  Right now, I've looked at an Android box for $40 and yearly service for $60 per.  Besides price, I haven't seen any real differences between the different providers.  

Anyone been doing this for a bit that has recommendations or do's and don'ts?

Edited by Virgil

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I guess I've been living in a cave, but I just recently heard about IPTV.  I won't get into all the details of it, as I'm not sure if it'll be a TOS violation, but I've found the entire process to be very easy.  Right now, I've looked at an Android box for $40 and yearly service for $60 per.  Besides price, I haven't seen any real differences between the different providers.  

Let me know how it works out Virgil

If you just want to watch all the games out of market - the Dofu Sports app is working still this year. Somehow it is legitimately in the Android and Apple App stores. Just about every Sunday I use the Youtube feed for the redzone channel. I start it on my iphone and then I can see it on my Apple TV Youtube app history and continue there. 

• Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Been using it for a few years. It’s great. Get Every channel possible . Great not having to pay for Sunday ticket etc 

How much you paying and what provider?

29 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Seems too complicated for me. 

I thought so too. But honestly, the sites make it seem more complicated than it is.  I was setup and good to go in 20 min. 

I still subscribe to Spectrum, but I use their app on Roku and Apple TV versus their cable boxes.  No more monthly cable box rentals.  I cost compared all the services...Sling, Hulu, Fubo, DTV, etc and decided based on what channels I watched, Spectrum was the best option.  I get all the movie channels and sports channels...which is great with college football.  I've also got the NFL, ESPN, HBO Max apps and others that I can sign in for free using my Spectrum login.  Because I have TVs in my basement and bedroom I did upgrade my modem router to handle the higher internet speed and eliminate buffering.  There are so many options for specialized programming as well.  I wanted to see Hamilton which was streaming on Disney+, so I subscribed to Disney for one month and watched Hamilton as well as all the Marvel and Star Wars releases I hadn't seen.  Then I unsubscribed.  I got a free year of Apple+ TV as well.  Love their original programming and movies.  My favorite is Ted Lasso.  At only $4.99 per month, I've kept that one.  They keep adding great new series.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Curious, is there an actual IPTV website where it explains the details???

For $60 the first year ($120 starting 2nd year)  you can subscribe to Paramount + which includes the old CBS All access and change the IP address of where you are to watch the games out of local Buffalo station.  Doesn't help you with the games on Fox, but with the Bills being an AFC team doesn't come into play that many weeks.

Then could take an old laptop open it there, and connect to TV via HDMI

Not that I would do such a thing.

I assume this IPTV basically does the same but somehow maybe more user friendly (or not) within the $40 you pay for the box.

I did google it and for how legal/illegal it is it states:

These devices are legal when used to watch legitimate, free to air content or for paid subscription channels such as Netflix; however, they become illegal once adapted to stream illicit content.

So this is free to air content, just not at your specific location becomes a bit more of a gray area.

48 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I still subscribe to Spectrum, but I use their app on Roku and Apple TV versus their cable boxes.  No more monthly cable box rentals.  I cost compared all the services...Sling, Hulu, Fubo, DTV, etc and decided based on what channels I watched, Spectrum was the best option.  I get all the movie channels and sports channels...which is great with college football.  I've also got the NFL, ESPN, HBO Max apps and others that I can sign in for free using my Spectrum login.  Because I have TVs in my basement and bedroom I did upgrade my modem router to handle the higher internet speed and eliminate buffering.  There are so many options for specialized programming as well.  I wanted to see Hamilton which was streaming on Disney+, so I subscribed to Disney for one month and watched Hamilton as well as all the Marvel and Star Wars releases I hadn't seen.  Then I unsubscribed.  I got a free year of Apple+ TV as well.  Love their original programming and movies.  My favorite is Ted Lasso.  At only $4.99 per month, I've kept that one.  They keep adding great new series.

Just curious about Spectrum TV, can you watch while traveling??  I subscribe to You Tube TV because have two houses so can use in both location, it will update to the local channels in whichever location I'm accessing from.  Mainly use for ESPN, other sports channels as have a TIVO with antenna at primary location but at 2nd location also use it for local TV as no antenna.

Was wondering if able to access when remote in a location that Spectrum is NOT a local provider.  If I had a Roku box at 2nd location would that allow me to access account and programming?

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

FWIW...

https://www.firesticktricks.com/is-iptv-legal.html

... bill passed in December 2020 included measures that made illegal streaming a felony. This means that under US law, using illegal IPTV services can lead to jail sentences of up to 10 years.

However, it’s since been clarified that the new law—the Protecting Lawful Streaming Act—is intended by its author to prosecute the people operating illegal streaming services rather than the individuals who use them. 

Edited by WhoTom

6 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Curious, is there an actual IPTV website where it explains the details???

For $60 the first year ($120 starting 2nd year)  you can subscribe to Paramount + which includes the old CBS All access and change the IP address of where you are to watch the games out of local Buffalo station.  Doesn't help you with the games on Fox, but with the Bills being an AFC team doesn't come into play that many weeks.

Then could take an old laptop open it there, and connect to TV via HDMI

Not that I would do such a thing.

I assume this IPTV basically does the same but somehow maybe more user friendly (or not) within the $40 you pay for the box.

I did google it and for how legal/illegal it is it states:

These devices are legal when used to watch legitimate, free to air content or for paid subscription channels such as Netflix; however, they become illegal once adapted to stream illicit content.

So this is free to air content, just not at your specific location becomes a bit more of a gray area.

Just curious about Spectrum TV, can you watch while traveling??  I subscribe to You Tube TV because have two houses so can use in both location, it will update to the local channels in whichever location I'm accessing from.  Mainly use for ESPN, other sports channels as have a TIVO with antenna at primary location but at 2nd location also use it for local TV as no antenna.

Was wondering if able to access when remote in a location that Spectrum is NOT a local provider.  If I had a Roku box at 2nd location would that allow me to access account and programming?

That's a good question.    I have the Spectrum app on my phone and I do know that when I was waiting for my car at a local dealership, some of the channels I'm subscribed to were not available away from my house.    I believe you'd have to contact Spectrum to see what channels would or would not be available at a given location.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

For $60 a month I will Pee on your TV too

• Haha (+1) 3

5 hours ago, Draconator said:

Which site did you go to?

http://igetiptv.com/

You can do a one day trial if interested and they take PayPal, in case you’re worried about sharing your data. 

Because of legalities, I’m just going to talk about how it works “in theory”. 

1 - Download IPTV Smarters to your device.  I went with an android TV box, but I know others use a firestick.  I know the box has more firepower and I wanted to cover the bases.  

2 - Go to http://igetiptv.com/ and pick your plan.  They will email you a login and password 

3 - you’ll have access to tv channels, video on demand, and movies. 

The TV Channels are for across the world and county.  You can make channels you aren’t interested hide in the parental control are. 

Now, for the cool part “in theory”. When you select CBS, you can pick from and CBS across the country, including Buffalo.  It also has every single premium station, and sports tickets, and PPV.  

I’ve compared quality to streaming on NFL network and can’t see a difference.  

Again, you can get this for $65 for the entire year, plus the one time hardware cost. 

Some recommend using a VPN, but I believe those have a 80mb limit.  I honestly don’t know much about them.  

Again, this is all a cool theory and I’ve had it for about a week. I can only speak to what legally comes down.  

Feel free to PM me for questions.  I’m not a reseller or anything like that.  

Also, if you already use this type of service and found something cheaper or better, let me know 

40 minutes ago, Steel City Mafia said:

Called plan bee tv. 12 a month for 1 connection . 

Take a look at http://igetiptv.com/. $65 versus $144

• Virgil changed the title to Anyone using IPTV?
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.