Bill Backers Boston

Pete

So me and my girlfriend took a trip to Boston(she is a Sox fan).  We were hanging around Fenway Park- Sox are 4 wins away from WS-ground zero for Red Sox nation.  We go to Bleacher Bar- one of coolest bars in all of baseball.  You can watch a game from left field ground level- here is the view

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2020/09/16/bleacher-bar-live-red-sox-game/

So big Sox bar, I walk in, the first thing I see is framed, autographed Jim Kelly Jersey.  I look to right- there is a bunch of Buffalo Bill Fenway Backer shirts- awesome!

I go talk to manager-

"This is a Bills bar" 

Yes it is.

It must get crazy Sundays, especially this season!?

It certainly does.  We put away all the tables

lol

Bills Mafia- we are everywhere!  Even in the heart of Fenway!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

my daughters first college address was 8 the Fenway. Boston Conservatory. haha and she was NOT a baseball fan but she attended games for the lore of it.

love the story and I even really like baaaston city 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

Cool story. I'm a life long Red Sox & Bills fan who grew up in NY. Life was miserable for me until 2004.... Finally! I'm hoping this year the Bills end a little more of that misery. Bills fans truly are everywhere, they deserve a title!

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Pete said:

So me and my girlfriend took a trip to Boston(she is a Sox fan).  We were hanging around Fenway Park- Sox are 4 wins away from WS-ground zero for Red Sox nation.  We go to Bleacher Bar- one of coolest bars in all of baseball.  You can watch a game from left field ground level- here is the view

https://www.bostonmagazine.com/restaurants/2020/09/16/bleacher-bar-live-red-sox-game/

So big Sox bar, I walk in, the first thing I see is framed, autographed Jim Kelly Jersey.  I look to right- there is a bunch of Buffalo Bill Fenway Backer shirts- awesome!

I go talk to manager-

"This is a Bills bar" 

Yes it is.

lol

The Bleacher Bar is the second Bills bar in Boston. The Bills Backers of Boston official bar in The Harp in Causeway by TD Garden.

A group called the Fenway Bills Backers split off and set up at the Bleacher Bar. I avoid Lansdowne St. when the Sox are playing. But I'll probably get to the Bleacher Bar once later this season. Already did The Harp for the Miami game.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The Bleacher Bar is the second Bills bar in Boston. The Bills Backers of Boston official bar in The Harp in Causeway by TD Garden.

A group called the Fenway Bills Backers split off and set up at the Bleacher Bar. I avoid Lansdowne St. when the Sox are playing. But I'll probably get to the Bleacher Bar once later this season. Already did The Harp for the Miami game.

Hey Promo, I haven't made it to The Harp yet this year. How was the crowd for the Miami game? 

4 minutes ago, Stranded in Boston said:

Hey Promo, I haven't made it to The Harp yet this year. How was the crowd for the Miami game? 

Every table upstairs was filled, downstairs half-full. Good crowd but nothing like the Bills-Texans playoff game when it was mobbed.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I go talk to manager-

"This is a Bills bar" 

Yes it is.

lol

I've taken in a few Sox-Mets games over the years with my boss (Sox ST holder) and have grown to love the Fenway atmosphere.  When Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez were in the running to buy the Mets, I was 100% prepared to walk away from the Mets and jump onto the Red Sox train if they were to buy the team.

I lucked into being able to hit The Harp for the FishSquish a few weeks ago, not as crowded as I’ve seen it, but still; a blast.  

Do any of you have any knowledge of an active Bills bar in RI?  There are two that appear on the Bills Backers map of the country, but they appear to be dormant…

I’ve got a buddy with a cool, retro bowling alley in Cranston that I’m trying to talk into going in that direction…but he’s pretty thoroughly dyed in the Patsies wool…. A hard sell so far.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I have a 100 minute drive to the Harp.  Worth it every time. 

60 for me plus parking. There's a reasonable lot about a ten minute walk away.

41 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

I lucked into being able to hit The Harp for the FishSquish a few weeks ago, not as crowded as I’ve seen it, but still; a blast.  

Do any of you have any knowledge of an active Bills bar in RI?  There are two that appear on the Bills Backers map of the country, but they appear to be dormant…

I’ve got a buddy with a cool, retro bowling alley in Cranston that I’m trying to talk into going in that direction…but he’s pretty thoroughly dyed in the Patsies wool…. A hard sell so far.

Money talks. If you can guarantee him a decent crowd every Sunday that spends money he'll set his fandom aside for 3 hours 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I go talk to manager-

"This is a Bills bar" 

Yes it is.

lol

I can confirm it is a great place to watch a Bills game. When so was living in out there, it’s a pretty transient place so you got a lot of Western New Yorkers. Was there for the opening day overtime win over the Bears in 2014 and it was a blast. Can only imagine it’s rocking there this year.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

60 for me plus parking. There's a reasonable lot about a ten minute walk away.

I just hop on the Green Line in Brookline; ~20 min to North Station. (Also useful if I catch a buzz during the game. I always seem to end up at a table with some WNY college kids who want to share pitchers with the old guy ...  😎 )

Edited by Stranded in Boston
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.