Tonight’s Officiating.....

Special K

I just saw the Morse non-hold on the Allen run that would have been a first down.  Unbelievable that a flag was thrown there.

The late hit was questionable, but then again another KC player took two steps afterwards to make sure he hit Allen too.  Juxtapose that with the 4th down late hit on Mahomes, which was garbage and would have given Bills possession well inside KC territory (32 yard line).

Now I keep asking how KC wasn't called for a single penalty on Defense (except that Roughing the Passer call).

On 10/12/2021 at 12:20 AM, Ethan in Portland said:

It did happen.  You can argue was it forcible or not but it happened. 

Here is the rule:

A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him.

I think a no-call would have been very appropriate but the refs are trained to protect the QB.  Let's hope Allen is never hit low, but if he is let's hope he gets the benefit of the call too.  

Dude!!!!  WTAF!!!! JA17 gets hit like this way too many times or worse.  He does NOT get the benefit of a call as he runs too much.  Stop yer whining please....yer better than this.  Seriously.  That play was a DEFINITE no call....but it was a sundee nite game therfore Cheffers needed to "make his call".  Methinks he proally woulda not called that in a 1 or 4 pm game......just saying.

I just watched a large portion of the game again and I can state with certainty that the vast majority of the calls( 70+%) were incorrect or ticky tack to the point that if that is the standard there would be a call literally every play. The holding calls, the PI, the defensive holding was terrible and even the few on KC I think should generally be not called. The two RTP calls have been called like that for several years, I might not like the rule but I accept it was called correct. It is sad that was the super bowl crew last year 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 1:00 AM, Special K said:

......was atrocious!!!

How could such a horrible crew be tasked with such an important game??

They seemed to be as much in the tank for the Chiefs to win as Collingsworth was!!

The league needs to investigate these clowns immediately.

Bills still win by 18 even with the Zebras in the Chiefs pocket....that’s how good the Bills are, folks!!

The officials from this game made me wish for the officials I complained about in the OP......I know the Bills played bad, but once again, it seemed that the officials had it out for the Bills from minute one.....not to mention the level of gross incompetence from the lead official. Just awful!!

2 minutes ago, Special K said:

The officials from this game made me wish for the officials I complained about in the OP......I know the Bills played bad, but once again, it seemed that the officials had it out for the Bills from minute one.....not to mention the level of gross incompetence from the lead official. Just awful!!

How many times did you see the RT of the  jags dropping back well before snap of the ball.  Not a single call against him. This officiating this officiating team was pathetic.  Calling penalties on wrong team than after minutes of discussion reversing the calls

• Agree 1

Just now, Xwnyer said:

How many times did you see the RT of the  jags dropping back well before snap of the ball.  Not a single call against him. This officiating this officiating team was pathetic.  Calling penalties on wrong team than after minutes of discussion reversing the calls

I thought I was seeing things!  That o line moved early so many times with no flags!  Thank you for posting this.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.