10/10/21 Gameday SNF Bills @ Chiefs Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

17 hours ago, LVGrown said:

I'm sorry if I've missed this discussion already.

Was Diggs showboating on his big catch? All the replays I've seen it seems as though he should've been able to turn up field but opted to flaunt to the DB instead and maybe didn't realize how close he actually was to him. We settled for 3 after that monster play. 

I feel like he didn't know there was another defender and it did kind of look like when he saw him out of the corner of his eye at the last second he tried to turn it up but it was already too late at that point.  Hard to say really.  I was honestly hoping for a post game interview with him and someone asked the question.

• Agree 1

I rewatched the game on game pass.  I slowed down every play and watched the DL play.

1.  Groot was even better than I thought.  He chased down so many plays.

2.  One thing I noticed was how many times the DL came back to the play to make tackles.  They rushed and then retreated to make tackles.

3.  They looked really fast.  As the game wore on, you could see the Chiefs OLINE was gassed.  Sure they ran more plays, BUT, where they suffered through 75 plays, the guys across from them were in for 20-30.  So they were clearly fresher at the end of the game.

4. The DLINE repeated crashed that pocket forcing Mahommes off his spots, reads and comfort zone.

5.  That one scramble of Mahommes where he leaked out to his right and eventually completed an off platform throw to Josh Gordon had an incredible play by Zimmer.  If you get a chance to watch it again, watch how fast Zimmer closes on Mahommes.  It was like he was shot out of a cannon.  He got a real solid, penalty free hit on Mahommes.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.