Trump's cult is mentally disturbed and must be stopped

Shameless, pathologic liar.  But the morons will hear and receive....

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald-trumps-favored-inflation-gauge-182727725.html

"Bacon is up five times… food is up horribly, worse than energy," he added.

Trump is – not for the first time – misstating the facts here.

He's correct that food prices are now rising at a faster rate than energy costs, but the statement that bacon has become five times more expensive is wildly inaccurate.

The average price of a pound of sliced bacon has climbed about 12% since Trump left office in January 2021, according to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics – but actually fallen over the past year, with inflation now cooling toward the Federal Reserve's 2% target.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

20 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

"Bacon is up five times

By the way, what's the deal with all the references to the rising price of bacon? Like bacon is a staple food or something? If the price of bacon were really up that much, people would probably eat something that's better for them. How much is the price of kale up? Belgian endive?

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

By the way, what's the deal with all the references to the rising price of bacon? Like bacon is a staple food or something? If the price of bacon were really up that much, people would probably eat something that's better for them. How much is the price of kale up? Belgian endive?

Yes, but Bacon is awesome.  BLT is one to the top the sandwiches imo.   Even better with turkey.  I also like bacon and peanut butter.  I like biscuits and gravy, but in moderation😁.  Bacon from a butcher is also a whole different thing...And Canadian bacon...I hate it when they substitute ham for that on eggs benedict.  Feel cheated.

Useful idiot blather with interludes of Farley sanity...

You've chosen to ignore content by BillStime. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Roundybout. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Andy1. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by Joe Ferguson forever. Options 

You've chosen to ignore content by The Frankish Reich. Options 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is a skit begging to be written

“All in all, it was mostly a lovely time and I’ve taken responsibility for my actions,” Boebert said of the controversial incident, which her Democratic challenger, Adam Frisch, slammed as “another notch in the belt of embarrassment.”

“There’s a lot of folks who are certainly understanding, and they understand it was part of my personal life, my private time,” Boebert said. “Something I really indulge in"🤣

37 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I find bacon can be a mess to prepare and actually prefer Turkey bacon.  It's much learner and although the taste is noticeably different its not as bad as I originally expected.  Cheaper too by about a buck or two.

50 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Belgian endive market is an unmitigated disaster…

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I find bacon can be a mess to prepare and actually prefer Turkey bacon.  It's much learner and although the taste is noticeably different its not as bad as I originally expected.  Cheaper too by about a buck or two.

This is pretty good and a deal.    $4.39 a pound at Aldi

Bake it in a teflon pan and pour the grease in a can.  Throw away...I mean turkey is just not that full, meaty flavor....

30 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

21 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

This is pretty good and a deal.    $4.39 a pound at Aldi

Bake it in a teflon pan and pour the grease in a can.  Throw away...I mean turkey is just not that full, meaty flavor....

I accidentally bought beef brisket bacon once tasted far weirder to me than any turkey bacon.

None of it is health food

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm worried that the squiggly white/red bitter weed like lettuce found in all upscale salads will soon be completely out of my reach.

Get a gardyn…. take matters into you your own hands. High initial investment but readily accessible fresh, chives cilantro, and thyme year round will help you through Armageddon. 

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Get a gardyn…. take matters into you your own hands. High initial investment but readily accessible fresh, chives cilantro, and thyme year round will help you through Armageddon. 

Exactly what I do! 

We had a weird wet cool start of the summer here, which means a terrible tomato crop. But I couldn't eat the other stuff fast enough. Hey, want any cucumbers? Eggplants?

And after messing around with all kinds of things to get fresh herbs (I said "herbs" not "herb" all you stoners) in the winter, I settled on Click and Grow. Awesome, almost zero maintenance. Not so good for true outdoor vegetables like tomatoes, but fantastic basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, etc. All winter long.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Exactly what I do! 

We had a weird wet cool start of the summer here, which means a terrible tomato crop. But I couldn't eat the other stuff fast enough. Hey, want any cucumbers? Eggplants?

And after messing around with all kinds of things to get fresh herbs (I said "herbs" not "herb" all you stoners) in the winter, I settled on Click and Grow. Awesome, almost zero maintenance. Not so good for true outdoor vegetables like tomatoes, but fantastic basil, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, etc. All winter long.

good stuff! 

The dill grows way too fast. Who can use that much dill??? Like the various lettuce production… when we had the right pods rolling easily feeds our family of 4. The rosemary is 👩‍🍳 😘 

• Like (+1) 1

We're working on  mushrooms.  No, not that kind but it's an interesting possibility.  Fresh mushrooms lightly sautéed on a good frozen pizza with extra fresh mozzarella...life is good.  We had morels in the woods the last 2 years but none this.  Dry land fish they call em here...

• Agree 1

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

picking your own food is the best.  Doesn't save money tho.

It’s more about knowing at least that piece of lettuce wasn’t swimming in round up. 

Just now, Joe Ferguson forever said:

We're working om n mushrooms.  No, not that kind but it's an interesting possibility.  Fresh mushrooms lightly sautéed on a good frozen pizza with extra fresh mozzarella...life i good.

If you haven’t….  spinach or arugula with, sprinkle of parm, garlic, bit of lemon juice, bit of olive oil tossed together add a great fresh topping to jazz up a pizza. 

• Like (+1) 1