Super Bowl Halftime: Dr Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J Blige

DrDawkinstein

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

A totally washed up Eminem is still better than 99.9% of the current rappers out there, and there have been tons of acts during the half time show that you could consider washed up. The NFL wants the nastalgia thing, that’s what will Bring in more viewers. They don’t care if guys like us watch, we are going to watch the game no matter what, they want more eye balls, and this halftime show will definitely do that 

Yeah, there’s also a fine line between being “washed up” and being big enough to perform a halftime show. Many of the all time greats weren’t big enough at their artist peak to perform such an event, but their collective work justifies a big stage later in their career. The freaking Foo Fighters for example, they sellout arenas in 2021, but they were never close to being the biggest act in the 90’s. 

16 hours ago, Simstim said:

I long since gave up complaining about who was likely on. If I don't like it, I can ignore it/ chat to friends whilst it's on. Most of the artists that have appeared don't get me terribly excited is all.

But Dre, Snoop and the rest properly do. There were a huge part of my musical upringing as was grunge, 70s/80s rock and metal.

If Pearl Jam or the Foos ever do the half time show, I may just lose my sh stuff.

we have a great music thread its in the off the wall section. You might wanna check it out 🙂

m

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Snoop and Dre, come on, how can you NOT love that!

It’s Rap, ferchristsake. It Only requires the ability to rhyme. You don’t even need an extensive knowledge or use of diction to ‘excel’. 
Music? What music? Tribal noise had only been used as preparation for battle, before someone decided to conceal their lack of talent and claim chanting is musical. There’s no melody, no mellow to crescendo impetus, no chord changes, no middle 8’s and few -if any- instruments. 
I still don’t know how it’s considered music. More akin to coffee shop poetry.

There. Felt good to get it off my chest!😇

• Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/1/2021 at 9:25 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

If/when the Super Bowl goes through Dallas next, I could see him getting the nod. They've been sticking to a "home town" theme when possible. Like this SB in LA, and Big Boi and Travis Scott in Atlanta, etc.

Must be real old, because Dr Dre hit the scene over 35 years ago, and Snoops famous debut album dropped 30 years ago. Even Eminem is coming up on 25 years! (Crap, I'M getting old!)

Yeh I know who they are, just bustin, but the part in ( ) was what I felt when I read that stuff...

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Thunderstruck said:

Other ideas for halftime:

1) A dizzy bat race between Andy Reid and Rex Ryan

2) A rap battle between Cole Beasley and Leveon Bell

3) Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson

A high-profile MMA fight would be great.

• Like (+1) 1

Officially watching Kitten Bowl now.  What a bunch of washed up losers.  They'd still be booing them when Spinal Tap took the stage. 

Edited by Irv