Super Bowl Halftime: Dr Dre, Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, Mary J Blige

DrDawkinstein

11 minutes ago, Amorgus said:

GWAR dismembers Roger Goodell on stage, Rammstein performs a live sex act, then they all get an stage together and do the George Carlin universal sports cheer while an array of flamethrowers erupt.  Sponsored by Pampers.

I feel this really brings the diversity and "something for everyone" that @MJS was hoping for.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Buffalo ill said:

Now the only thing she sucks is the joy out of life?

Lol, honestly I can say no. I consider myself lucky, or blessed, whatever you want to call it because I know that a high percentage of marriages get tough after a while, especially as long as I've been married.

Although those type of things are rare at this point, she's the best, sweetest, very good sense of humor woman I could ask for. So thankfully I lucked up and got a good one. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

As long as Suge Knight is alive, I dont trust it 😆

Yeah, actually you make a solid point. Forgot about that dirty *****. He was the main reason for a large majority of that ***** back then, if not all of it...I'm sure he has the connections to make things happen despite being in prison.

Talk about a dangerous, untrustworthy, and crazy guy that you couldn't turn your back to due to good chance you get shot in back of the head.....he's definitely is it. 

2 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

has rock died? rock n roll will never die but for some reason, may be a generational thing, sb shows lack rock n roll acts. 

I'll take a nap during half time anyway. these days a man needs his nap.

There's not much 'traditional' rock and roll coming out any more.  There's some pretty good rock/hip hop mashups out there, but the music we liked in the 80s is as dead as Tawny Kitaen

When the classic rock bands finish up dying out, im not sure what follows.  As the classic rock fans age out, it'll be interesting to see how much of that music survives in the popular conscious, say, 30 years from now

On a related note, I get a chuckle when I drive back to Buffalo and put 97 rock on and they're playing the exact same music that they were the day i left in 1988

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Halftime for me is a time to go to the bathroom and resupply game time snackage, for all I care the half time show can consist of Gregorian chants sung buy a choir with lisps.

just sayin 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

couple things. although '80's had some cool music, hair bands and the like, I'm more partial to the '60's & '70's rock.

as for 30 years from now, I'll be fortunate to be here another 10, so I'll never know. my daughter really likes the classic stuff and I've given her all my vinyl. she went out and got her a turntable and spins those discs so they shouldn't collect any dust for a while. now I'm working on the grandson and he seems to get in to the groove when I play an old tune.

as for the 21st century and rock being part of the big extravaganzas like the sb, it's a drag that it's pretty much dead to most of this generation but, it is what it is.

rock n roll will never die as long as I'm above ground and I'll take it with me when I go.

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Yeah I get it.  I'm partial to 80s rock & alt, but still have a ton of vinyl too.  my daughter has a turntable and likes the aesthetic of records, but listens to them from that perspective rather than a desire to hear Led Zeppelin II again.  Her spotify playlist is a bunch of bands (?) i've never heard of.  Most of it is OK though, just not what we're used to.

There is a guy from Buffalo named Grabbitz who is getting some play on alt radio.  a pretty fun video too, give it a minute

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Which one is the screamer? lol

Edit: I assume Mary J Blige ?

She’s the only one I don’t really understand being included. I’m far from an astute observer, but I thought it’s been a pretty long time since she was relevant. Even back then, I never thought she was really big, but I could be wrong.

• Agree 2