Congrats to Leslie Frazier, "National Coach of the Week"

12 minutes ago, Marvlevydraftdaygenius said:

I will support Lesile Frazier, going forward if he starts doing what he did against the dolphins and bring a lot of zero blitzes.

It was a great defensive game plan to run against a team with an inexperienced QB. Had they run that scheme last week, I doubt it would have been nearly as effective. Last week's defensive plan was good for the opponent - they held the Steelers offense to 16 points.

That's the mark of a good coach: designing a different plan for each opponent. Seems like Frazier is doing exactly that.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

It was a great defensive game plan to run against a team with an inexperienced QB. Had they run that scheme last week, I doubt it would have been nearly as effective. Last week's defensive plan was good for the opponent - they held the Steelers offense to 16 points.

That's the mark of a good coach: designing a different plan for each opponent. Seems like Frazier is doing exactly that.

But Brissett ended up the QB and he has more experience than Josh. Still worked fine.

2 minutes ago, StHustle said:

But Brissett ended up the QB and he has more experience than Josh. Still worked fine.

My point is that it probably wouldn't have worked against the more seasoned Rothlisberger. As for experience, Brisset has more years but fewer starts: 32, compared to Josh's 45.

If the Fins had kept Fitz as their backup, the Bills probably still would have won, but Fitz would have handled the pressure better than Brisset did. We'd be celebrating a win, but not a shutout.

3 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Surprised that the nobody is talking about Ed Oliver, lining up as right defensive end on third down and did a great job and the only reason he did not get a sack is because the the pressure got there first but I think he is responsible for the first Rousseau sack. 

4 hours ago, WhoTom said:

Cover 0 is designed that we don't believe your are faster than players and watching the game the dolphins mirrored what the Steelers.