Aaron Donald---best defensive player ever?? Many current NFL players think so...

Big Turk

18 hours ago, billybrew1 said:

I'll tell you what, in a few years there might be headlines about the Maybe the best offensive player ever in Josh Allen.

Could Leslie Frazier and Sean MvDermott take a player like Donald and turn him into a four point five sacks per year player?

You mean the same duo that turned our franchise around and has us as a top 5 defense to a lot of experts?! Ok...

Plus, what does Josh Allen have to do with this topic? Last I checked, he's not a defensive player.

Come on man, stop it!

48 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I am too young to remember LT. Donald is the most disruptive and dominant defensive player I have ever seen. 

That really was LT during the 80's.

He was the "poster child" for the 3-4 OLB role which was extremely popular in that era.

LT was instrumental in making NY Giants football relevant again after decades of mediocrity.

Perfected the strip sack before the NFL kept "forced fumble" stats.

I HATED HIM SO MUCH.  LOL.

He's in the conversation. 

I think it's always the most balanced to ask if an all time great from the past would be successful now, perhaps even dominating, Like Wilt Chamberlin or Jim Brown. I have no doubt both would dominate any era.

On defense, I think some players from the past like Deacon Jones, Reggie White, Lawrence Taylor, that's not even talking guys like Ray Lewis, Ronnie Lott, and Bruce. But when you look at those first three names in Jones, White, and Taylor, all three are very similar to a Chamberlin or Brown. They had elite athleticism but were freaks of nature as far as size and strength and I think all would dominate in todays game. Same as Lewis, Lott, and Bruce. That said Donald is making his way into this conversation. Nobody has ever really been like him outside of maybe John Randle and I wouldn't call him a poor mans John Randle, more the other way around. He is better than Randle and he's a Hall of Fame player. So that saying a lot as does his peers voting him so high so consistently in the annual top 100.