ISO: Suggestions for moderators at PPP

SDS

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

You're comparing a jab at developmentally disabled people to a jab at willfully ignorant people.

That doesn't really work.

are circle jerks classy? if they are then im sorry.

9 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Come on Gugs, this is a strange line in the sand to draw. 

There are plenty of cringeworthy posts on the board, especially in the Off The Wall section.  You’ll have folks shooting the breeze about teachers abusing students, comments objectifying women, and lots of dialogue that might offend a wide cross section of the public.  

I am not here to defend anyone or ask anyone to take up the cause on my behalf, but @Beach was clearly mocking the overabundance of people on Twitter who think their opinion is the gold standard (not unlike many of us on every part of this board) and everyone NEEDS to be enlightened.  At least here  we only baptize 6-13 people with the holy water of our wisdom on any given day. 

Besides, any shot at that Eddie Haskell wannabe @John Adams is a fair shot indeed.   I say that knowing I may very well face severe pretend sanctions and pretend penalties as he is one of the toughest pretend moderators on the board.  What’s right is right Hendry. 

Waoh there bud… How many pretend warning points did your irreverence cost you? Can you convert them to Bitcoin?

• Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Waoh there bud… How many pretend warning points did your irreverence cost you? Can you convert them to Bitcoin?

So far so good—but I’m laying low for a while.  I saw a car drive by my house real slow and I’ll be damned if I didn’t spot a powdered Whig in the driver seat.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Come on Gugs, this is a strange line in the sand to draw. 

There are plenty of cringeworthy posts on the board, especially in the Off The Wall section.  You’ll have folks shooting the breeze about teachers abusing students, comments objectifying women, and lots of dialogue that might offend a wide cross section of the public.  

I am not here to defend anyone or ask anyone to take up the cause on my behalf, but @Beach was clearly mocking the overabundance of people on Twitter who think their opinion is the gold standard (not unlike many of us on every part of this board) and everyone NEEDS to be enlightened.  At least here  we only baptize 6-13 people with the holy water of our wisdom on any given day. 

Besides, any shot at that Eddie Haskell wannabe @John Adams is a fair shot indeed.   I say that knowing I may very well face severe pretend sanctions and pretend penalties as he is one of the toughest pretend moderators on the board.  What’s right is right Hendry. 

I have no idea who you are but ok dude. 

Trust me: EVERYONE would get exactly the same treatment on day one. My equity is unequivocal.

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Equality for all posters, guaranteed. 

The last thing we want is a echo chamber for the left or right . Disagree without being disagreeable . There will always be two sides to every coin. The next years will be a heck of a challenge 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ALF said:

The last thing we want is a echo chamber for the left or right . Disagree without being disagreeable . There will always be two sides to every coin. The next years will be a heck of a challenge 

America used to be a live and let live kind of place, for the most part. "You don't have to like the SOB, but if he moves into your neighborhood just find a way to get along."  This was the mantra, and nobody talked about sex, politics, or religion at a dinner table.

This all began to evaporate in the mid-'00s, but it had started heating up back in the 60s. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Guaranteed?  

I'll remind you of this.........constantly.  

I'm not sure if I'm on the outside looking at an inside joke but he's just talking about banning everyone who posts...right? The way everyone else has responded makes me question my already borderline sanity.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/31/2021 at 9:26 AM, Chef Jim said:

Guaranteed?  

I'll remind you of this.........constantly.  

SDS just has to hand me the keys to the castle and you'll never have to remind me because my promise will become a reality. 

I think SDS secretly likes this board the way it is. 

20 minutes ago, John Adams said:

SDS just has to hand me the keys to the castle and you'll never have to remind me because my promise will become a reality. 

Approximately 48 hours after starting this thread, SDS received a visit from several men in black at his workplace who informed him that this board would continue as usual so they could monitor the public views of an MKUltra program participant who shall remain nameless at this time.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 1/6/2022 at 8:12 AM, John Adams said:

You have yet to treat people equally here.  I don't expect your bigotry to change.  

On 1/9/2022 at 9:56 AM, Chef Jim said:

You have yet to treat people equally here.  I don't expect your bigotry to change.  

I'm bigoted against you, I guess. 

And you are an old man. 

But don't confuse those statements with me being bigoted against old people. 

And you're wrong. I treat you like I treat Tibs. You're both morans.

And as mod-elect, everyone is guaranteed 100% equal treatment under me. It's not something any other mod here can say. C'mon @SDSdon't leave this thread in suspense. There is no consensus. Make it so and I'll take care of everything. 

On 1/11/2022 at 8:40 AM, John Adams said:

I'm bigoted against you, I guess. 

And you are an old man. 

But don't confuse those statements with me being bigoted against old people. 

And you're wrong. I treat you like I treat Tibs. You're both morans.

And as mod-elect, everyone is guaranteed 100% equal treatment under me. It's not something any other mod here can say. C'mon @SDSdon't leave this thread in suspense. There is no consensus. Make it so and I'll take care of everything. 

You have failed miserably in your guarantee already with this one post.  That didn't take long. Good job.

And you call me a moran.  :rolleyes:

You're too easy for this "old man"   Carry on......