Wow...NFL attempting to make vaccines mandatory for NFL players now...NFLPA not with it

Big Turk

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

That's One! 

Per NFL rules, if McKenzie had a positive RT-PCR test for Covid at some point (like off-season), he counts as fully vaccinated 2 weeks from now.

Otherwise, he counts as fully vaccinated 5 weeks from now, 2 weeks after he gets his 2nd shot

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

NFL can kick you out of league for violating personnel conduct policy. They are going to make examples and cancel lots of players. I respect personal choice, but this is going to upend 2021 season and as McD said jeopardize everyone’s livelihood.

I could be wrong, but I really don't think the NFL is going to do this.  Not just for being unvaccinated.  After agreeing with the NFLPA to make it voluntary with different protocols, that would be a bad look.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's One! 

Per NFL rules, if McKenzie had a positive RT-PCR test for Covid at some point (like off-season), he counts as fully vaccinated 2 weeks from now.

Otherwise, he counts as fully vaccinated 5 weeks from now, 2 weeks after he gets his 2nd shot

I could be wrong, but I really don't think the NFL is going to do this.  Not just for being unvaccinated.  After agreeing with the NFLPA to make it voluntary with different protocols, that would be a bad look.

Dying and infecting others is a bad look. Every day more and more employers are mandating vaccination.

That said, the NFL and NFLPA should be proud the players vaccination rate is so high. For the age and racial demographic their vaccination rate is over 2X the general public. That is too be celebrated.  

3 hours ago, Beast said:

There is a thing called collusion that the owners don’t want to mess with.

The NFL just dished out a large sum to Kaepernick if you don’t remember.

For the owners owner that was a drop in the bucket, that and they can legally say we won’t hire you or we will let you go if you don’t get vaccinated, just like thousands of others employers are doing all over America 🇺🇸, face it, if you hit people in the pocket book they will  get vaccinated, it’s just the truth of the matter, it’s happening right now, and more and more  pretty much everywhere in this country, 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Edited by Don Otreply

11 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Is it even possible to force vaccination 3 weeks from week 1? Like logistically

Feel like that makes it way too rushed this late in the ball game

Why not?  Players simply continue with the alternative protocols until the vaccines become fully active.

26 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

For the owners owner that was a drop in the bucket, that and they can legally say we won’t hire you or we will let you go if you don’t get vaccinated, just like thousands of others employers are doing all over America 🇺🇸, face it, if you hit people in the pocket book they will  get vaccinated, it’s just the truth of the matter, it’s happening right now, and more and more  pretty much everywhere in this country, 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

One more time, if there is a collective bargaining agreement and a certified union, I don't believe the employer can unilaterally change the rules.

So the NFL/NFLPA bargained a set of protocols, they both have to agree on a change.

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

One more time, if there is a collective bargaining agreement and a certified union, I don't believe the employer can unilaterally change the rules.

So the NFL/NFLPA bargained a set of protocols, they both have to agree on a change.

Sure, for the present that is true…, 

Taking the politics out of the situation, the bottom line is that unvaccinated puts teams at a disadvantage.  That’s just a fact and what the NFL and NFLPA agreed upon.  

Players don’t have to like it, but that’s how it is and everyone knows it.   If you train you’re whole life to make it to a Super Bowl why not give yourself every advantage?

• Thank you (+1) 1