Bernie Sanders

Irv

I don't like this guy and his politics.  He's pretty hypocrytical as a multi-millionaire.  But I do think the nut job actually believes in what he says and for that he should be respected.  What a mess.  

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Irv said:

I don't like this guy and his politics.  He's pretty hypocrytical as a multi-millionaire.  But I do think the nut job actually believes in what he says and for that he should be respected.  What a mess.  

I adore you, Irv. You had me at your thread title. The heat from your ridiculous right-wing political takes is often exactly what I need to warm my hypothermic progressive soul. Plus, I respect your inimitable gift for summarizing content in just three unforgettably monosyllabic words.

I know that we are traditional political adversaries, Irv, but I need your help now more than ever! We both share a common enemy: the Democratic Party. Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer are traitors to the American working class. And so far, Bernie Sanders and the Squad have played the “party sheepdog” role well by keeping far-left enthusiasm away from third-party development but also away from political disengagement altogether.

But while many Bernie Bros since Super Tuesday of last March have chosen to wither, know that this Bernie Ho refuses to dither! Won’t you join me, Irv, and help bring down the Democratic Party during the 2022 midterms and further again in 2024?? I will do my best to lead the roughly 40% of the party’s base who self-identify as “progressive” over to third parties (Green, People’s, DSA). I’ll need you, meanwhile, to call out their so-called “moderate” base from the right in the specific ways that I describe. Simple example: start referring to them as “warmongering Russiagating McCarthyites,” “corporate sociopathic oligarch lovers,” and (perhaps my favorite succinct epithet) “sh!itlibs” (a delightful portmanteau of “sh!theads” and “neoliberals”).

In due time (how about 2028?), I will get you to see the viability and righteousness of a Green New Deal. But until then, be aware that such unlikely temporary alliances as ours are not at all unprecedented! I’m sure Sun Tzu said something profound about it. Didn’t Batman team up with Catwoman on occasion? The Bat and the Cat? How about…Reactionary Irv and the Far-Left Verve? The Hater of Disarray and Comradely Comrade Kay? I know of a Nanushka black faux leather dress that I think I can modify into a costume and wear at canvassing activities! Oooh, my love of politics is returning. Best thread ever! Thanks, Irv!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ComradeKayAdams said:

I adore you, Irv. You had me at your thread title. The heat from your ridiculous right-wing political takes is often exactly what I need to warm my hypothermic progressive soul. Plus, I respect your inimitable gift for summarizing content in just three unforgettably monosyllabic words.

I know that we are traditional political adversaries, Irv, but I need your help now more than ever! We both share a common enemy: the Democratic Party. Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, Nancy Pelosi, and Chuck Schumer are traitors to the American working class. And so far, Bernie Sanders and the Squad have played the “party sheepdog” role well by keeping far-left enthusiasm away from third-party development but also away from political disengagement altogether.

But while many Bernie Bros since Super Tuesday of last March have chosen to wither, know that this Bernie Ho refuses to dither! Won’t you join me, Irv, and help bring down the Democratic Party during the 2022 midterms and further again in 2024?? I will do my best to lead the roughly 40% of the party’s base who self-identify as “progressive” over to third parties (Green, People’s, DSA). I’ll need you, meanwhile, to call out their so-called “moderate” base from the right in the specific ways that I describe. Simple example: start referring to them as “warmongering Russiagating McCarthyites,” “corporate sociopathic oligarch lovers,” and (perhaps my favorite succinct epithet) “sh!itlibs” (a delightful portmanteau of “sh!theads” and “neoliberals”).

In due time (how about 2028?), I will get you to see the viability and righteousness of a Green New Deal. But until then, be aware that such unlikely temporary alliances as ours are not at all unprecedented! I’m sure Sun Tzu said something profound about it. Didn’t Batman team up with Catwoman on occasion? The Bat and the Cat? How about…Reactionary Irv and the Far-Left Verve? The Hater of Disarray and Comradely Comrade Kay? I know of a Nanushka black faux leather dress that I think I can modify into a costume and wear at canvassing activities! Oooh, my love of politics is returning. Best thread ever! Thanks, Irv!

It might be a thing if any of it would matter it's all a facade to make us believe they have any interest in the first line "We The People" there are very few on the hill any more that are true Americans with the core beliefs of the constitution and what's best for the country & it's people in mind on either side of the isle .

It would be nice to see some of the scenario of Batman & Cat woman working together but that today would only be if one or both work towards the others agenda . Our grandkids are all so screwed i don't know if they will ever recover from the ignorants of the politicians that have used & manipulated us all in their 40+ yr careers .

• Sad 1

With the way Demented Biden has screwed thing up so badly, so quickly, I would take take Bernie or  idiot pantsuit Clinton over mush-for-brains.  Everything he touches goes to crap.  What a mess. 

On 8/10/2021 at 8:10 AM, ComradeKayAdams said:

Green Party? So you’re an anti-Vaver?

You are so busted!

• Angry 1

Bernie is Trump on the left. Both of their campaigns were specifically designed to appeal to people’s victimhood complex.

Trump: Brown people are going to kick your door down and take your wife if we don’t stop these evil democrats.

Bernie: You’re all victims of oppression and the eVIl corporations are trying to kill you.

I prefer candidates that don’t run unethical campaigns and have a positive message because I don’t live my life as a victim.

My problem isn’t his policies, it’s with HIM and the 2 campaigns her ran. He isn’t the right guy to deliver the message.

Edited by Governor

6 minutes ago, Governor said:

Bernie is Trump on the left. Both of their campaigns were specifically designed to appeal to people’s victimhood complex.

Trump: Brown people are going to kick your door down and take your wife if we don’t stop these evil democrats.

Bernie: You’re all victims of oppression and the eVIl corporations are trying to kill you.

I prefer candidates that don’t run unethical campaigns and have a positive message because I’m not a victim.

You have absolutely ZERO idea who or what Trump appealed to if that’s how you paraphrase it. Stunning! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You have absolutely ZERO idea who or what Trump appealed to if that’s how you paraphrase it. Stunning! 

Uh huh.

In a speech on the White House’s South Lawn on July 16, Trump warned that if Joe Biden is elected president, he will “totally destroy the beautiful suburbs. Suburbia will be no longer as we know it.” Biden and the Democrats, Trump claimed, want to “defund and abolish your police and law enforcement, while at the same time destroying our great suburbs.”

On July 23, Trump tweeted a message targeted to what he called “The Suburban Housewives of America.” He warned that “Biden will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream. I will preserve it, and make it even better.”

Edited by Governor

39 minutes ago, Governor said:

Uh huh.

In a speech on the White House’s South Lawn on July 16, Trump warned that if Joe Biden is elected president, he will “totally destroy the beautiful suburbs. Suburbia will be no longer as we know it.” Biden and the Democrats, Trump claimed, want to “defund and abolish your police and law enforcement, while at the same time destroying our great suburbs.”

On July 23, Trump tweeted a message targeted to what he called “The Suburban Housewives of America.” He warned that “Biden will destroy your neighborhood and your American Dream. I will preserve it, and make it even better.”

Quick reminder on how to post.

A link would help your argument

Progressives AND Trumpers don’t realize that Nancy already delivered a long wish list full of progressive policies. She stuck them in Trump’s stimulus packages because she knew that he was scared and panicked and needed to address the economy early on in the pandemic.

(PUA)Pandemic Unemployment (framework for eventual UBI)

money for states

ACA expansion (now free for low income people)

Child tax credit(also UBI)

soon….Medicare expansion.

The list goes on and on.

We already got those things!

Those policies were all in Bernie’s platform.

We aren’t finished yet either! We’ve come a very long way in 2 years.

Edited by Governor
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, Governor said:

Progressives AND Trumpers don’t realize that Nancy already delivered a long wish list full of progressive policies. She stuck them in Trump’s stimulus packages because she knew that he was scared and panicked and needed to address the economy early on in the pandemic.

(PUA)Pandemic Unemployment (framework for eventual UBI)

money for states

ACA expansion (now free for low income people)

Child tax credit(also UBI)

soon….Medicare expansion.

The list goes on and on.

We already got those things!

Those policies were all in Bernie’s platform.

We aren’t finished yet either! We’ve come a very long way in 2 years.

So what you’re saying is you’ve yet to run out of other people’s money. Nice! Keep it up. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So what you’re saying is you’ve yet to run out of other people’s money. Nice! Keep it up. 

These things need to be in place before automation wipes out the workforce and “they” get hungry and storm your gated community and eat you alive.

We’re actually saving your life. 

Edited by Governor

1 minute ago, Governor said:

These things need to be in place before automation wipes out the workforce and “they” get hungry and storm your gated community and eat you alive.

Always good to hear from the rebels at the gate. I’ll let the guard know you’re coming! 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

See this is the explanation that shows very poor understanding of global economics. 

the workforce is getting wiped out by automation because here they demand $1000 Phones, on demand entertainment, fancy cars and homes, free education and free healthcare and free free free everything AND think it’s a travesty to work at all to contribute to the production of any of it. Home of the lazy and entitled… 

2/3 of the world live on $4000/yr. here people  don’t get off of the couch for less than 8 times that.  

That’s why automation, it’s just not worth 40k/yr a year to pay someone to scan some barcodes and tear off a receipt. 

Also lazy people aren’t scary. They don’t get hungry for anything and even if they do, they’ll just ask why their government handout hasn’t been served to them. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood