Texas Democrats suing Governor Abbott for not being able to see their families?!?!? 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Is this real life? 😂

If that doesn’t sum up America, in present reality…

We made an emotional decision, knowing the full consequences of our choice.  And now that they’re upon us, the consequences of our decision are simply too much for us to deal with, so we are asking to be spared of said consequences.

Welcome to America 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Frat-Train said:

We made an emotional decision, knowing the full consequences of our choice.  And now that they’re upon us, the consequences of our decision are simply too much for us to deal with, so we are asking to be spared of said consequences.

Welcome to America 

Couldn’t have said it better myself...👍

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Welcome to America 

This comment is so generic it can be easily be ascribed to Trump, GQP and cult whitewashing the 1/6 insurrection and pending consequences.

Oh, and hi @Deranged Rhino!!

BACK TO THE THREAD.

“They also say they have suffered from ‘much discomfort and embarrassment’ because their reputations have been ‘impaired’.”

200.gif

They ended up accomplishing none of their goals and looking completely ridiculous in the process.

They also robbed their party of a carefully crafted narrative about the filibuster.

So. Much. Fail.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This comment is so generic it can be easily be ascribed to Trump, GQP and cult whitewashing the 1/6 insurrection and pending consequences.

Why can’t you just judge each issue on a case by case basis? Why do you always seem to bring up other issues to excuse the current issue in a particular thread?

If people cannot critique their own party, ideology, or political leaning when it fails (and ALL sides will continue to fail), then nobody can ever have genuine conversation about the issues anymore...seeking truth stops being the motivation...👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did Texas pass Abbots voter suppression law yet?

Has the Texas legislature been able to pass anything to help the citizens, and non-citizens of Texas ?

Have the people of Texas noticed this ?

So. Much. Fail.

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

Why can’t you just judge each issue on a case by case basis? Why do you always seem to bring up other issues to excuse the current issue in a particular thread?

It is all he can do.

If people cannot critique their own party, ideology, or political leaning when it fails (and ALL sides will continue to fail), then nobody can ever have genuine conversation about the issues anymore...seeking truth stops being the motivation...👍

Truth? There is nothing truthful about the GQP.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Truth? There is nothing truthful about the GQP.

Then, honestly, you’re really no different than the cult you claim to despise- just from the other end of the spectrum...

The issue in this thread should be a slam dunk to criticize...that’s what makes the Dem’s lawsuit so comical, regardless where you stand politically-the lack of accountability for their own actions...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

If you insist.

If you always insist that any and all criticism of your political ideology is invalid because it only comes from people that are in a cult, that’s not very rational thinking...

What about the people in the Democrat Party who disagree with what the Texas Dems are doing? Are they in a cult too?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Eyeroll 1

If you always insist that any and all criticism of your political ideology is invalid because it only comes from people that are in a cult...that’s not very rational thinking...

What about the people in the Democrat Party who disagree with what the Texas Dems are doing? Are they in a cult too?

I don’t care what others thinks about the Dems in Texas - I support what they are doing - they are fighting for voting rights.

Just remember - Mitch McConnell wouldn’t even give a hearing on Obama’s Supreme Court nominee.

Politics sucks - right?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

I don’t care what others thinks about the Dems in Texas - I support what they are doing - they are fighting for voting rights.

Just remember - Mitch McConnell wouldn’t even give a hearing on Obama’s Supreme Court nominee.

Politics sucks - right?

I have no issue with what the Texas Dems are doing...I just find it funny that they are trying to blame someone else for what they, themselves, chose to do...they kind of lose some credibility by doing it...

If you really believe in your cause then go through with it, and take what ever consequences come...because by not doing so you give off the impression that you’re not willing to sacrifice for your cause- thereby showing you might no believe in it as much...

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

That’s sweet and all but this time it’s directed at the TX Dems. What are your thoughts about the topic? 

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Did Texas pass Abbots voter suppression law yet?

No because there isn’t one being voted on. And if it’s true suppression then it’s safe to say the SCOTUS will chime in at some point correct? 

25 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I have no issue with what the Texas Dems are doing...I just find it funny that they are trying to blame someone else for what they, themselves, chose to do...they kind of lose some credibility by doing it...

If you really believe in your cause then go through with it, and take what ever consequences come...because by not doing so you give off the impression that you’re not willing to sacrifice for your cause- thereby showing you might no believe in it as much...

Politics right?

Kinda like Trump encouraging his cohorts from ignoring subpoenas right?

I just love the faux outrage…

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

Politics right?

Kinda like Trump encouraging his cohorts from ignoring subpoenas right?

I just love the faux outrage…

There’s no outrage my man...but people are laughing at them because no one is forcing them to stay away from their families...it’s their choice...that’s why it’s funny...don’t you get that?  It’s ok to laugh at the ridiculousness of politicians...👍

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

There’s no outrage my man...but people are laughing at them because no one is forcing them to stay away from their families...it’s their choice...that’s why it’s funny...don’t you get that?  It’s ok to laugh at the ridiculousness of politicians...👍

HA! 

More people are laughing at the states and governors of Texas and Florida - get it right.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

HA! 

More people are laughing at the states and governors of Texas and Florida - get it right.

Whatever man...I’m not gonna go round in circles with you when you refuse to stay on topic...

If you wanna talk Florida and Texas governors, start a thread and we will talk there about it...

Otherwise, you don’t appear to have anything substantive to say on this topic, unfortunately...

Just now, JaCrispy said:

Whatever man...I’m not gonna go round in circles with you when you refuse to stay on topic...

If you wanna talk Florida and Texas governors, start a thread and we will talk there about it...

Otherwise, you don’t appear to have anything substantive to say on this topic, unfortunately...

Where was the outrage when Oregon republicans did the same thing?

Oregon GOP lawmakers who fled state in 2019 blast media as 'mouthpiece' for Dems

And can you provide any more details of the Texas Dems lawsuit

• Haha (+1) 1

Sorry fleebaggers...................more "anxiety" for you.

Gov. Abbott has called another "special session" of the Texas legislature to start immediately after the current one runs out.

“I will continue to call special session after special session to reform our broken bail system, uphold election integrity, and pass other important items that Texans demand and deserve," Abbott said.

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Sorry fleebaggers...................more "anxiety" for you.

Gov. Abbott has called another "special session" of the Texas legislature to start immediately after the current one runs out.

“I will continue to call special session after special session to reform our broken bail system, uphold election integrity, and pass other important items that Texans demand and deserve," Abbott said.

:lol:

Looks like some people won’t be returning to their home state any time soon...so much for Christmas with the family...lol...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, BillStime said:

Politics sucks - right?

What voting rights are being taken away that the children are fighting for?   We’ve been waiting months for you and others to articulate who is losing voting rights. Why have you not been able to do that?  That’s right. You are all hysteria and zero substance. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Even with the cheesy Apple Undercover filter on the phone, the headline doesn’t match the content of the interview.  

This  Scott guy is dworkin ya, Bilsy. 

Oh, it's pretty clear what the intent of the law is... If the intent wasn't to stop the slide from red-to-blue - the Texas GQP wouldn't be so obsessed to pass this law.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Oh, it's pretty clear what the intent of the law is... If the intent wasn't to stop the slide from red-to-blue - the Texas GQP wouldn't be so obsessed to pass this law.

What happened to the racism angle on these laws?  🤔

Many liberals:   “No problem requiring vaccination cards for most events. Oh and mask up while indoors to be kind”

Okay, how about the simple ask of an ID for a once-every-2-years event?

Many liberals:  “WAHHHH!!!  MUH RIGHTS!!!!”

• Agree 3

Returning voting laws to pre-Covid standards is some sleazy trick according to the simple minds here on PPP.

Would it help Texas be red ?

Absolutely, since the majority of Texas is conservative and independent.

But this must be spun as something evil.

Pathetic.

Meanwhile the flee-baggers are stuck in DC with no help coming.

Fail.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, BillStime said:

=======================================================================

"I don’t care what others thinks about the Dems in Texas - I support what they are doing - they are fighting for voting rights.

Politics sucks - right?" - Billstime

=============================================================

Idiot.

Edited by Unforgiven
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Unforgiven said:

=======================================================================

"I don’t care what others thinks about the Dems in Texas - I support what they are doing - they are fighting for voting rights.

Politics sucks - right?" - Billstime

=============================================================

Idiot.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Returning voting laws to pre-Covid standards is some sleazy trick according to the simple minds here on PPP.

Would it help Texas be red ?

Absolutely, since the majority of Texas is conservative and independent.

But this must be spun as something evil.

Pathetic.

Meanwhile the flee-baggers are stuck in DC with no help coming.

Fail.

Yup.  The Dems just want to keep it easier to cheat.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

917f1682-6357-48f0-ab11-9f61ed37fa14-860

It's Continues to Fall Apart: Runaway Texas Democrats Blast Each Other When Some Return to State

by Nick Arama

Today, they came close to making a quorum in the Texas House and beating back the runaway Democrats’ effort to stymie election security bills. At least four of the runaway Democrats returned and appeared during the House session, although 26 Democrats are reportedly staying in D.C. to break the quorum. By the late afternoon, there were 95 members present. But they still needed 100 out of 150 in order to have a quorum. So they ended up just short. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/08/09/its-beginning-to-fall-apart-runaway-texas-dems-blast-each-other-when-some-return-to-state-n423821

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

917f1682-6357-48f0-ab11-9f61ed37fa14-860

It's Continues to Fall Apart: Runaway Texas Democrats Blast Each Other When Some Return to State

by Nick Arama

Today, they came close to making a quorum in the Texas House and beating back the runaway Democrats’ effort to stymie election security bills. At least four of the runaway Democrats returned and appeared during the House session, although 26 Democrats are reportedly staying in D.C. to break the quorum. By the late afternoon, there were 95 members present. But they still needed 100 out of 150 in order to have a quorum. So they ended up just short. 

https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2021/08/09/its-beginning-to-fall-apart-runaway-texas-dems-blast-each-other-when-some-return-to-state-n423821

They can rotate 8 of them back at a time; like prison visitation.

• Like (+1) 1