With Allen’s deal done, if you could pick one player on the Bills roster to extend right now, who would it be?

44 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Diggs. For me its not even close.

I understand people thinking and wanting Edmunds but I am not a fan of paying him the salary he will command as a FA. I know hes steady for us, but if Im giving $10M+ per year to a LB, they need to be a game changer.

Has Edmunds proven that?

Serious question.

I know he is good and reliable but think about some of the great LB's out there, is he in their company? 

TJ Watt--$10M per year

Mack--$14.6M/year

Jaylon Smith--$938M/ year

Devin White is at $8.1M this year but next year goes to $938M

Is Edmunds comparable to these players? I dont think so. At least not IMO

I would love it if the price was right but We signed Milano for $7.8M a year so I can imagine Edmunds wanting at least $10M a year

Despite the fact that 3/4 of those guys are very different in style of play to Edmunds, they are all more valuable IMO. Maybe, he is a better Lb than Smith. 

Still, I think the way things are looking for contracts, 10M is not that far off.

Im not a big fan of Edmunds, as much as I try to be, so I hope they are prudent with this, especially given how many deals they’ve shelled out recently 

• Like (+1) 1

I guess I'd go with Boettger if we could get him on a cheap ~2 year deal.  Maybe save some money if he wins the starting job this year?  

The only other player I think I'd consider extending right now is Hughes.

But Beane has already extended all the most important players IMO.  I'm fine if he doesn't extend anyone else.  

I don't like the idea of extending Edmunds.  I think Edmunds is a better player than some here give him credit for but I am not convinced he's worth $15-$20mil/year.  

Edmunds is a two time pro bowler and it's not like he's just getting in because he's a household name...

This is Edmund's year to prove he's worth a contract. If the D line is significantly improved, then he might have a monster year. One of my bold predictions is that he leads all LBs in INTs (top ten among all players).

On 8/6/2021 at 6:59 PM, GoBills808 said:

Edmunds then Diggs

Agreed.

23 hours ago, ganesh said:

Agree that it will be Diggs next.  Edmunds will have to play out his 5th year option to get his 2nd contract.

I think the Bills may want to see where this next season takes Edmunds, but I don't see why they would make him play out his 5th year option.

This is his 4th season.  Either he steps up, or they need to be looking for someone else.