Greatest Trade in NFL History [Misleading title]

20 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Not to nit-pick, but the Tyrod trade to Cleveland was for an early 3rd rounder, which was used to trade up with our second 1st round pick in 2018 to acquire T. Edmunds.

The trade-up for Josh was very complex. Let me see if I can remember the sequence:

1. Traded with KC in 2017 to move down in the first and in return got KC's 2018 first rounder (plus more picks later in the draft). That 2018 first rounder turned out to be the 22nd overall pick.

2. After the 2017 season, traded Cordy Glenn to the Bengals and as part of that trade swapped 1st round picks. That moved us up from the #22 overall pick to #12.

3. The Bills had three 2nd round picks heading into 2018. I believe one of those was acquired from the Rams in exchange for Sammy Watkins the year before. I believe that the other came from the Eagles when we traded Darby to them. The other 2nd rounder was the Bills own 2nd round pick.

4. On draft day, the Bills traded up from that #12 pick acquired from Cinci (via KC) along with two of the 2nd round picks to move up to #7 overall to acquire Josh Allen.

Many things had to happen in order for Allen to still be there at #7. For once, the Buffalo Bills lucked out!

Underrated post. Perfect breakdown. 👍

35 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If that’s the best trade of all time. This is the best thread of all time.

And you’re the best poster of all time. 

5 hours ago, MJS said:

As always, your negative spin on everything is impressive. Keep up the bad work.

It's literally NOT spin.    It's fact.    

They got White and Edmunds for the most valued player in the entire league........a likely first ballot HOF QB.  

5-6 years from now White and Edmunds will be wrapping up their careers..............and Mahomes will be nearing the mid-way point of his.

There is no way to spin that transaction as a win for anyone but the Chiefs. 

Allen was a totally separate series of transactions.

A negative "spin" would be to say that trading that pick to the Chiefs may have cost the Bills multiple SB wins ALREADY.

• Like (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Utah John said:

The three-way trade that got us Cornelius Bennett was probably the best trade the Bills ever made.

The worst was trading Daryle Lamonica and Glenn Bass to Oakland for Tom Flores and Art Powell.  

Absolutely agree! Landing Bennett was such a huge boost to the team and the fan base!