Afghanistan

45 minutes ago, Governor said:

So you’re saying that my friends, who are plumbers, electricians, HVAC, hard working blue collar guys from NJ are all scammers? You’re saying that they didn’t perform that work?

The cult is strong around here.

Trump's declared bankruptcy several times.  Probably was from that.

50 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t recall if you’re the poster who first gave the “Trump involved in keeping the Bills in Buffalo” but I love this story.  Thanks. 

Maybe next time, choose the voice that can claim English as his/her native tongue and have that person type your response.  Don’t always listen to the loudest, they may be speaking gibberish.  

So you’ve heard this fabrication before too?

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

What union?

That allowed Trump to leak it to the unions and the unions to convince Pegula to buy. 

Nobody knows which one specifically.  Could be several.  He has ties to several in that area.  It was reported that they reached out to him to get him to invest with them, before he upped the ante.   

9 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Nobody knows which one specifically.  Could be several.  He has ties to several in that area.  It was reported that they reached out to him to get him to invest with them, before he upped the ante.   

So, what you’re saying is that Trump had connections with “the unions” and purposely made a lowball offer with an agreement in place with Pegula to slightly come over the top of that offer, to secure a victory for Pegula, to keep Bon Jovi out of the bid war?

Is that what you’re claiming?

So, Trump just did it as a favor to Terry? He didn’t actually want the team.

Edited by Governor

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

So, what you’re saying is that Trump had connections with “the unions” and purposely made a lowball offer with an agreement in place with Pegula to slightly come over the top of that offer, to secure a victory for Pegula, to keep Bon Jovi out of the bid war?

Is that what you’re claiming?

So, Trump just did it as a favor to Jim and those he was partnered with, that asked for his help? He didn’t actually want the team.

In so many words, yes.  

5 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

In so many words, yes.  

And what did Terry give Trump in this exchange?

OH! So you’re saying that the sale of the Bills was Jim’s decision because they became friends and met each other on Fox News on various occasions?

Edited by Governor

20 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

In so many words, yes.  

So it kinda went down like this:

Jim and his wife were in the dressing room, along with Trump, eagerly awaiting their introduction to the Neil Cavuto show, and Jim leaned over to Trump and said “Hey, can you get this Bon Jovi guy out of the equation” and then Trump said “ sure, I’ll have “my unions” take care of it?”

THEN Jim said “I need you to do a little more than that.” “I need you to have Michael Cohen move some money around and make it look like you have 1 billion dollars liquid and then place a lowball bid so my friend Terry can come over the top and buy the team.”

Edited by Governor
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Governor said:

Pegula came in and only outbid him by a tiny bit. Trump came in at like 1 billion. Pegula came in at like 1.2 billion.

So you’re saying that my friends, who are plumbers, electricians, HVAC, hard working blue collar guys from NJ are all scammers? You’re saying that they didn’t perform that work?

The cult is strong around here.

That’s not at all what happened. That’s quite a conspiracy you have there.

Follow the timeline, media reports, and then watch Michael Cohen testify to Congress, and you’ll see that you’re totally delusional.

Where on earth did you get that nonsense?

All I’m saying is your only as good as your word. And you lie constantly.

Besides I’ve heard stories about contractors in NJ. Not exactly a haven for honest people.

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Trump's declared bankruptcy several times.  Probably was from that.

Trump didn't declare personal bankruptcy.  But corporations where he was the majority shareholder and CEO did.  That's how he protected his personal assets, paid himself a nice salary along the way, and laid off all the costs and consequences for the losses to minority shareholders and creditors. 

But does any of this have anything to do with Afghanistan?