Jump to content

Any word on Burton and Hooker as potential FA possibilities?


Wizard
 Share

Recommended Posts

I think the Bills would benefit from giving Trey Burton and Malik Hooker a look. Burton played with Trubisky and seems like a good #2 TE that has had some success in the league. I loved Hooker coming out of college. Seems to have a nose for the ball and could really benefit from learning from great vets like Hyde and Poyer, and at 25, maybe a scenery change and a coach like Frazier can get something more out of them.

 

Thoughts? I think they may add depth and some upside fairly cheaply.  And, any idea why these guys don’t have a training camp invite?

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Wasn't that long ago when people were falling all over themselves over Hooker. Just goes to show how unpredictable and difficult scouting can be. 

I believe the injuries have stalled out his career more than anything else. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my fingers crossed that the Bills would take a flier on Malik Hooker.

He had immense talent coming out and it's only injuries that have derailed his career. He seemed like the PERFECT low cost, low risk, high reward signing to be coach McDermott's latest safety reclamation project.

Alas, he is signing with Dallas. I wish him all the best. Injuries alone should never be the reason that a player doesn't succeed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

I believe the injuries have stalled out his career more than anything else. 

Yeah. I just remember hearing his name a lot during the draft, and this thread was the first time I've heard it in quite some time. I forgot about the guy. He has talent that's for sure. Hopefully he can get healthy. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

While Hooker might have been a good option, the best FA safety signing the Bills didn't make was on Dean Marlowe, who actually was on the team last year and played well.  I never heard the reason why Marlowe left.  Could have been he got more money of course, or maybe he just wanted to find a situation where he could start.  Not much chance of that with Dr. Poyer and Mr. Hyde.

  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 4:08 PM, BLO_RIO said:

Please be careful, making too much sense could cause brain injury in some people. Id take hooker on a friendly deal!

So you and your two posts come in kind of make up blanket insult to everyone on some thing that is just common sense not a good look

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So you and your two posts come in kind of make up blanket insult to everyone on some thing that is just common sense not a good look

No worries, John. I’ve noticed too. 👀

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2021 at 6:52 PM, Wizard said:

I think the Bills would benefit from giving Trey Burton and Malik Hooker a look. Burton played with Trubisky and seems like a good #2 TE that has had some success in the league. I loved Hooker coming out of college. Seems to have a nose for the ball and could really benefit from learning from great vets like Hyde and Poyer, and at 25, maybe a scenery change and a coach like Frazier can get something more out of them.

 

Thoughts? I think they may add depth and some upside fairly cheaply.  And, any idea why these guys don’t have a training camp invite?


Button seems like he’s on the downside of his career.  The Bills want to give most of the TE snaps to Knox and Hollister.  I think they are good with Tommy Sweeney or Reggie Gillian at the 3rd TE spot.  Adding a player like Burton doesn't make much sense

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...