It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

29 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Well, tell ya what. Show me the number of actual % cases of Covid  that are in fully vaxed people. 

What’s  that? Ya can’t cause the CDC only counts someone who gets hospitized and or dies as a breakthrough case? 

So we could be at 10% cases in fully vaxed, or 50%… wonder why we don’t freaking know. 

So if you quoting CDC about the effectiveness of the vaccine, rest assured that is “ anecdotally “ as well. 
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.propublica.org/article/the-cdc-only-tracks-a-fraction-of-breakthrough-covid-19-infections-even-as-cases-surge/amp

man, critical thinking and questioning has left the building in this Covid crap. 

You think that I only link to CDC data? 

Bzzzzt

Wrong. 

I have linked to papers and studies from the US and other countries. And no, those aren’t anecdotes. 

For someone to draw a conclusion based on his own anecdotal experience to go on to question critical thinking is rich. 

Edited by Sundancer

18 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

You think that I only link to CDC data? 

Bzzzzt

Wrong. 

I have linked to papers and studies from the US and other countries. And no, those aren’t anecdotes. 

For someone to draw a conclusion based on his own anecdotal experience to go on to question critical thinking is rich. 

prey tell, please expound on the number or % of Covid cases in the US in fully vaxed people right now.

And, why is  the CDC not tracking that data????

Edited by plenzmd1

28 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

prey tell, please expound on the number or % of Covid cases in the US in fully vaxed people right now.

He is similar to Billsslime he just posts links without any understanding of what he is speaking. Any studies that contradict his studies are bogus and when you ask why certain events are happening- such as boosters in Israel- he links to more unrelated studies. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

They are and published it through April. Then they didn’t trust the state data and started a new tracking database. I expect that at the snail’s pace they move, we will see a case breakthrough report in 2028. 

That said I’ve linked to lots of country studies (here and abroad including state data) with huge numbers of patients pre and post Delta on breakthroughs and also severity. The data is in. It does not rely on your anecdote. It’s from experts, so it does not rely on yours and Timmy’s personal expertise in the field. 

Your Twitter PhD does not impress me. Theirs does. This thing where people get together and convince themselves they know more science than actual, ya know, scientists, is very pre-enlightenment. You’d likely have applauded gouging out Galileo’s eyes. “Earth Sure looks flat to me and it don’t feel like we’re moving. I saw a Tweet today …” 

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

He is similar to Billsslime he just posts links without any understanding of what he is speaking. Any studies that contradict his studies are bogus and when you ask why certain events are happening- such as boosters in Israel- he links to more unrelated studies. 

Says the guy who held to his belief that the vaccines don’t work for most people after 6 months and ignored all the data I presented about it. I discussed Israel in depth at the time. You, not so much. 

I have no clue what you posted before , but I guess you agree with me it’s a crap shoot in the US  as there is no federal leadership or guidance on what data to collect in order to  study how many cases in fullly vaxed people. Shocking lack of direction from the leader who was gunna stop the virus, not the economy. His one and only way out are the vaccines( developed under his predecessor), and man if that horse don’t win we all guuna be broke. Talk about putting your eggs in one basket , wholly mackerel. 

So you don’t know the numbers, the CDC does not know the numbers , no one knows the numbers , but my numbers are anecdotal even though they are happening to me , my family, and close fiends. A okay! 

how bout the study from P town? Did ya  link that one as it helped form CDC guidance. Seems to me they believe that one. 75% infection rate for the vaccinated?

or how about this one 

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/vaccinated-people-singapore-make-up-three-quarters-recent-covid-19-cases-2021-07-23/

Or this from Israel, half of cases in fully vaxed 

https://www.science.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta

Then vax ain’t working like they said it would , plain and simple. It’s helping keep people for getting real sick, great. They call that medicine , not vaccine. Maybe Biden should be putting some money into finding other therapeutics instead of betting our collective health on only 1. 

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

I have no clue what you posted before , but I guess you agree with me it’s a crap shoot in the US  as there is no federal leadership or guidance on what data to collect in order to  study how many cases in fullly vaxed people. Shocking lack of direction from the leader who was gunna stop the virus, not the economy. His one and only way out are the vaccines( developed under his predecessor), and man if that horse don’t win we all guuna be broke. Talk about putting your eggs in one basket , wholly mackerel. 

So you don’t know the numbers, the CDC does not know the numbers , no one knows the numbers , but my numbers are anecdotal even though they are happening to me , my family, and close fiends. A okay! 

how bout the study from P town? Did ya  link that one as it helped form CDC guidance. Seems to me they believe that one. 75% infection rate for the vaccinated?

or how about this one 

https://www.reuters.com/world/asia-pacific/vaccinated-people-singapore-make-up-three-quarters-recent-covid-19-cases-2021-07-23/

Or this from Israel, half of cases in fully vaxed 

https://www.science.org/news/2021/08/grim-warning-israel-vaccination-blunts-does-not-defeat-delta

Then vax ain’t working like they said it would , plain and simple. It’s helping keep people for getting real sick, great. They call that medicine , not vaccine. Maybe Biden should be putting some money into finding other therapeutics instead of betting our collective health on only 1. 

The Provincetown study and Israel data have been discussed here already ad nauseum  and also experts have weighed in with links elsewhere in this thread. Not going to rehash it but safe to say the vaccines work. The Provincetown study is perhaps the most debunked thing at this point. 

Not sure why you’re obsessed with Trump and Biden in this but whatever. If we had Denmark’s vaccination rate, we’d have Denmark’s outcomes. Both should be pushing their respective vax resistent based to get vaccinations. That would be leadership. 

And I won’t credit Biden for this but the admin is heavily invested in therapeutics. You just seem not to know it. 

Edited by Sundancer

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Out of about 35,000 employees.  So, about 1 out of 200 got fired.

A pandemic so terrible and hospitals so overburdened that we need to fire people that work in hospitals. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

The Provincetown study and Israel data have been discussed here already ad nauseum  and also experts have weighed in with links elsewhere in this thread. Not going to rehash it but safe to say the vaccines work. The Provincetown study is perhaps the most debunked thing at this point. 

Not sure why you’re obsessed with Trump and Biden in this but whatever. If we had Denmark’s vaccination rate, we’d have Denmark’s outcomes. Both should be pushing their respective vax resistent based to get vaccinations. That would be leadership. 

And I won’t credit Biden for this but the admin is heavily invested in therapeutics. You just seem not to know it. 

so, if the P town study has been discredited, what does that say about our current CDC director who used it as basis for official guidance of the CDC. The same Director who just overode the advice of the FDA and her own agency to make booster decisions.

And when i google "Biden administration investments  in Covid Therapeutics" i got a total of $3.5 billion..that  is all i am coming up with. Now, i fully admit i may not know of everything they are doing, and why i needed to google, but would welcome  you pointing them out

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

They are and published it through April. Then they didn’t trust the state data and started a new tracking database. I expect that at the snail’s pace they move, we will see a case breakthrough report in 2028. 

That said I’ve linked to lots of country studies (here and abroad including state data) with huge numbers of patients pre and post Delta on breakthroughs and also severity. The data is in. It does not rely on your anecdote. It’s from experts, so it does not rely on yours and Timmy’s personal expertise in the field. 

Your Twitter PhD does not impress me. Theirs does. This thing where people get together and convince themselves they know more science than actual, ya know, scientists, is very pre-enlightenment. You’d likely have applauded gouging out Galileo’s eyes. “Earth Sure looks flat to me and it don’t feel like we’re moving. I saw a Tweet today …” 

Says the guy who held to his belief that the vaccines don’t work for most people after 6 months and ignored all the data I presented about it. I discussed Israel in depth at the time. You, not so much. 

Thank you for proving me correct, you provide none of your own thought other than " if you disagree it has been discredited". Everything has been so discredited that Israel went ahead and is now pushong for boosters to all after 5 months and vaccine passports expire at 6 months. Someone who is  considered an expert clearly disagrees with you and they think your cherry picked data is wrong. 

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

heath care workers have an obligation to protect their patients.  

We reorganized our entire society so that obese members of your age cohort could extend their miserable lives by a few months.

***** off.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

53 minutes ago, LeviF said:

We reorganized our entire society so that obese members of your age cohort could extend their miserable lives by a few months.

***** off.

That's a nice adult response.  People of all ages are getting the delta variant.  and when you have a public health crisis the entire public has to get on board including heath care workers.  I work in health care in a 15,00 employee network.  Of those, only 200 did not get vaccinated and they chose to end their employment.  we have had required flu vaccinations and hep B vacciantions for years to protect our patients and it has never been an issue.  The Covid vaccine is an issue only because folks like you have decided a public health crisis should be turned into a political football.  People are dying because of that attitude.  Congrats.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That's a nice adult response.  People of all ages are getting the delta variant.  and when you have a public health crisis the entire public has to get on board including heath care workers.  I work in health care in a 15,00 employee network.  Of those, only 200 did not get vaccinated and they chose to end their employment.  we have had required flu vaccinations and hep B vacciantions for years to protect our patients and it has never been an issue.  The Covid vaccine is an issue only because folks like you have decided a public health crisis should be turned into a political football.  People are dying because of that attitude.  Congrats.

chicken-little-chicken-little-2005-JTEFR

OMFG 'getting' the delta variant !!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Edited by Albwan

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

no, people are dying because people like you turned into a mantra of good vs evil...facts be damned. One side made it political when they said they would not trust the vaccines if they came out before the election...that side made it political.

If one side did not focus on "dumb Trump supporters" and instead listened  to black, hispanic, and evangelicals as to their reservations, maybe some of those resistant to the vax would not have dug in so hard. But when you only focus hatred on "dumb white Trump supporters" you make education efforts political.

If one side , the side that seems themselves as tolerant and giving and just better people than the other side mind you, did not laugh with  when someone from the other side dies, maybe the conversation would  not be so politicized. Maybe if they did not suggest withholding medical care to sickl and dieing people the tone of the conversation would not be political, but more reasoned. 

One side says get a jab, no matter what, even if you have natural antibodies..why? Is the goal of the shot not to trigger antibodies ? 

This same loving . caring, group wants Americans to take a 3RD shot before most of the rest of the world gets even their first shot. If the damn thing prevents sickness and death, is it really that much to ask you to risk the freaking sniffles so someone else may not die? 

And BTW, middle finger emoji to you  @LeviF, you can only hope you make it to my age cohort ya dumb as a stump youngin!

27 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

no, people are dying because people like you turned into a mantra of good vs evil...facts be damned. One side made it political when they said they would not trust the vaccines if they came out before the election...that side made it political.

If one side did not focus on "dumb Trump supporters" and instead listened  to black, hispanic, and evangelicals as to their reservations, maybe some of those resistant to the vax would not have dug in so hard. But when you only focus hatred on "dumb white Trump supporters" you make education efforts political.

If one side , the side that seems themselves as tolerant and giving and just better people than the other side mind you, did not laugh with  when someone from the other side dies, maybe the conversation would  not be so politicized. Maybe if they did not suggest withholding medical care to sickl and dieing people the tone of the conversation would not be political, but more reasoned. 

One side says get a jab, no matter what, even if you have natural antibodies..why? Is the goal of the shot not to trigger antibodies ? 

This same loving . caring, group wants Americans to take a 3RD shot before most of the rest of the world gets even their first shot. If the damn thing prevents sickness and death, is it really that much to ask you to risk the freaking sniffles so someone else may not die? 

And BTW, middle finger emoji to you  @LeviF, you can only hope you make it to my age cohort ya dumb as a stump youngin!

Where exactly have I focused on Trump supporters?  My comment was about health care workers not getting vaccinated.  anyone regardless of race, political persuasion or whatever are putting themselves and others at risk by not getting vaccinated.  I have also noted several times on this board that I support more studies on the immunity gained by natural immunity.  But the problem, as you should know, with natural immunity is that you have to get infected with Covid to gain that, and that then u=puts you at risk for dying. 

As for getting the entire world vaccinated, absolutely.  We need work on that too.  But nice job on your end taking my comment on health care workers and turning it into a diatribe of other issues, some of which I've already commented on and agree with.  Good focus on your end. 

41 minutes ago, Albwan said:

chicken-little-chicken-little-2005-JTEFR

OMFG 'getting' the delta variant !!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Yeah, it's much more infectious, genius.

• Like (+1) 1