DeSantis For President in 2024?

Just now, redtail hawk said:

That's called nihilism.  What's your answer?  Another trump presidency?

Read my posts.  CLEARLY I don’t want that.  

You know who does?  Establishment media, grifters like the Lincoln Project and self-aggrandizing trash like Alvin Bragg. 

Trump gets indicted and plays the victim card throughout the campaign cycle … good or bad for his Presidential prospects?   

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Read my posts.  CLEARLY I don’t want that.  

You know who does?  Establishment media, grifters like the Lincoln Project and self-aggrandizing trash like Alvin Bragg. 

Trump gets indicted and plays the victim card throughout the campaign cycle … good or bad for his Presidential prospects?   

I think his prez prospects are minuscule regardless.  The country has irreconcilable differences.  This may amplify them but they're not going away.  They'll be winners and losers.  Just like in every election.  And those that choose to be martyrs for trump will suffer the same fate as the insurrectionists.  The vast majority of the country wants law and order.  Certainly the powerful money people do.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

I think his prez prospects are minuscule regardless.  The country has irreconcilable differences.  This may amplify them but they're not going away.  They'll be winners and losers.  Just like in every election.  And those that choose to be martyrs for trump will suffer the same fate as the insurrectionists.  The vast majority of the country wants law and order.

We’ll never agree on this.  J6 politicization, like the Covid overreaction, is something that looks worse and worse when seen under the light.  

“they’ll suffer the same fate as the insurrectionists”

What a disgusting thing to say.  Maybe you are my enemy .. I certainly want nothing to do with anyone that thinks like you.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We’ll never agree on this.  J6, like the Covid overreaction, is something that looks worse and worse when seen under the light.  

“they’ll suffer the same fate as the insurrectionists”

What a disgusting thing to say.  Maybe you are my enemy .. I certainly want nothing to do with anyone that thinks like you.  

Jan 6 was disgusting.  pointing that out is not.  And you seem to be in the minority:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2023/01/06/polls-show-americans-are-divided-on-the-significance-of-january-6/

"In July, the NPR/PBS/Marist survey posed the question differently but got similar results. Presented with three different assessments of January 6, 50% of respondents said that it was an insurrection that threatened democracy, 19% regarded it as constitutionally protected political protest, and 25% deemed it unfortunate but believed that it was time to move on."

not sure what move on means but I doubt it means "free the insurrectionists" to most answering that way.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

Jan 6 was disgusting.  pointing that out is not.  And you seem to be in the minority:

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2023/01/06/polls-show-americans-are-divided-on-the-significance-of-january-6/

"In July, the NPR/PBS/Marist survey posed the question differently but got similar results. Presented with three different assessments of January 6, 50% of respondents said that it was an insurrection that threatened democracy, 19% regarded it as constitutionally protected political protest, and 25% deemed it unfortunate but believed that it was time to move on."

not sure what move on means but I doubt it means "free the insurrectionists" to most answering that way.

Jan 6th was only a threat to democracy if you now  believe that Hunter laptop is fake, still think Russian collusion happened, or you ever believed that Covid being a lab leak was a conspiracy theory. Just curious if any of these three apply to you? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2023/03/17/florida-school-library-controversy-teachers-sue-desantis-government/11491268002/

Very misleading headline- only a few books are needed to be removed. Literally 10+ thousand books are pre-approved for each level. Many books are being moved from elementary to high school, third graders should not have Lord of the Flies in their library. But liberals must maintain the victim mentality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Jan 6th was only a threat to democracy if you now  believe that Hunter laptop is fake, still think Russian collusion happened, or you ever believed that Covid being a lab leak was a conspiracy theory. Just curious if any of these three apply to you? 

Sure.  Because the first is dependent on all the others?

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/education/2023/03/17/florida-school-library-controversy-teachers-sue-desantis-government/11491268002/

Very misleading headline- only a few books are needed to be removed. Literally 10+ thousand books are pre-approved for each level. Many books are being moved from elementary to high school, third graders should not have Lord of the Flies in their library. But liberals must maintain the victim mentality.

The Lord of the Flies characters are little kids!  It's about competition, survival and human nature.  Pretty sure I read it in grammar school and found it fascinating.  Great Book, a classic for a reason.  I don't think reading it then hurt me in any way.  I wrote a book report on "The exorcist " in grammar school.  Nuns were shocked but I got a good grade.  I did have nightmares after that.  I can see limiting that to high schools.

29 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sure.  Because the first is dependent on all the others?.

They are not dependent on each other beyond at this point except that only the most gullible will fall for such clear lies at this point, or the lab leak at any point.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

The correct answer.

No. 

The correct answer is silence. 

Or if he really wanted to rile people up, stating that Florida does not allow political persecution of its subjects and he will order every law enforcement agency in Florida to refuse extradition if a warrant is served. 

He’s letting himself be managed too much. He gives off the smell of a guy who tries desperately to play both sides via the thoughts of campaign consultants. 

Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio can teach him how to lose primaries that way if he’s so interested. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1