The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

1 hour ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Not getting involved with your discussion with other poster, but just wanted to see how you see that QB situation playing out with Pats? You think Jones will take over from Cam early?

Although to everyone in NE(and outside of NE) with eyes. BB has made it clear that Newton is the starter. So for now, I see it being Newton until later in the season. i think BB really would rather "red shirt" Jones until next year, in general. But i think to others Newton can't pull away from the comp(and is done) because the rookie has looked better a few times. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

Although to everyone in NE(and outside of NE) with eyes. BB has made it clear that Newton is the starter. So until now, I see it being Newton until later in the season. i think BB really would rather "red shirt" Jones until next year, in general. But i think to others Newton can't pull away from the comp(and is done) because the rookie has looked better a few times. 

Yeah I get Cam will be starting unless injured in camp etc.... imo I think it's safe to say either Jones or Stidham will take over regardless of a Cam injury at some point. Assuming you agree, my question is how early in the season do you think it will happen?

My guess is it will happen well before the half way mark of season. I would say by 5th game it's a good chance, especially if we see much of the same Cam as last year.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

What is there to debate? your teams QBs are what one might say, lacking capacity, to put it kindly, The Bills lived through the same thing for a very long time. There is nothing to debate.

Since you want to label NE fans..  point to me where I have debated the QBs? You won't find it, but what you would find when it pertains to you, is the "debate" on how bad the team expected to be or how important the coach really was, and your responses usually showed you aren't equip to handle the back n forth.  

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Although to everyone in NE(and outside of NE) with eyes. BB has made it clear that Newton is the starter. So until now, I see it being Newton until later in the season. i think BB really would rather "red shirt" Jones until next year, in general. But i think to others Newton can't pull away from the comp(and is done) because the rookie has looked better a few times. 

As far as I can follow what's going on in NE, I'm not sure that I would characterize Mac & Cheese's performance as being "better," necessarily. I think what is undeniable is that Mac is more accurate than Cam, and at times, far more accurate. But, as anyone who understands the game knows, there's a lot more to QBing than that.

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I get Cam will be starting unless injured in camp etc.... imo I think it's safe to say either Jones or Stidham will take over regardless of a Cam injury at some point. Assuming you agree, my question is how early in the season do you think it will happen?

My guess is it will happen well before the half way mark of season. I would say by 5th game it's a good chance, especially if we see much of the same Cam as last year.

Stidham I think is done in NE. He needs like shoulder surgery or something like that so they put him on PUP and brought in another QB. I think BB is just done with Stidham and never showed any reason to ever think about starting him as a QB in NE. 

7 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

As far as I can follow what's going on in NE, I'm not sure that I would characterize Mac & Cheese's performance as being "better," necessarily. I think what is undeniable is that Mac is more accurate than Cam, and at times, far more accurate. But, as anyone who understands the game knows, there's a lot more to QBing than that.

Their are reports that players are swaying more to wanting Jones to start over Cam, Jonnua Smith has come out to say he has been really impressed with Jones. The debate here in NE is Jones should start over Cam. Jones has to be doing something if all this exist, and i am pretty sure no one is saying that just because he is "more accurate" I think we all know there is more to QBing than just that. Hence why Stidham has never started. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

2 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Stidham I think is done in NE. He needs like shoulder surgery or something like that so they put him on PUP and brought in another QB. I think BB is just done with Stidham and never showed any reason to ever think about starting him as a QB in NE. 

Oh ok, I actually didn't know that Stidham was out. So with that said, Jones will likely be the one if/when Cam gets pulled. Although I do agree with you that they should give Jones a year if at all possible.

I just think it's unlikely because if Cam still plays awful (which I suspect he will), BB will blow his lid and make the change sooner than later. Actually he won't have much of a choice but to.

4 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Their are reports that players are swaying more to wanting Jones to start over Cam, Jonnua Smith has come out to say he has been really impressed with Jones. The debate here in NE is Jones should start over Cam. Jones has to be doing something if all this exist, and i am pretty sure no one is saying that just because he is "more accurate" I think we all know there is more to QBing than just that. Hence why Stidham has never started. 

I could also see BB saying Cam is the starter and then right before 1st game announces Jones will start lol. Would not put it past him

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Kind of a weird post here.

"I think we all know there is more to QBing than just that. Hence why Stidham has never started." That would imply that the fans' perception has something to do with who starts. I'm sure you're not suggesting that.

Jonnu Smith telling the press that he has been "really impressed with Jones?" I have to assume that he was answering a question, and for him to state otherwise would be bizarre. It's literally a meaningless statement under the circumstances. If he had come out and said, "I hope Mac starts over Cam," THAT would be something to mention. It would also be close to inconceivable for a recent team acquisition to show any preference whatsoever as to who starts. 

As far as the fanbase debating who should start-- that's also close to a meaningless debate. I've actually been following the Patriots* fan forum, and its tenor is certainly not surprising. Fanbases are notoriously fickle. A QB who essentially craps the bed, as Cam did last season, will be met with such expert analysis like, "Cam sucks." The newly acquired rookie quarterback, on the other hand, will be viewed as the next coming of Brady*, and every excuse will be made for why his obvious weaknesses should not be a major concern.

I've read it all: "He's a perfect fit for what Belichick* is trying to do..." "He's the most NFL-ready QB of the draft..." "His accuracy is off the charts..."

And, for those who are trying to temper their expectations: "He doesn't need to be great for us to win..." "Once the game slows down for him..." "Belichick will put him in a position to succeed..." (On that last oft-claimed point: one might wonder why Belichick* couldn't do that for Can Newton...?)

Especially for Pats* fans, I think it's exceptionally hard to temper expectations of an incoming, first-round quarterback. You guys have been so used to winning for so long, it's hard to imaging your team floundering.

But, flounder they will.

6 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

The newly acquired rookie quarterback, on the other hand, will be viewed as the next coming of Brady*, and every excuse will be made for why his obvious weaknesses should not be a major concern.

I've read it all: "He's a perfect fit for what Belichick* is trying to do..." "He's the most NFL-ready QB of the draft..." "His accuracy is off the charts..."

And, for those who are trying to temper their expectations: "He doesn't need to be great for us to win..." "Once the game slows down for him..." "Belichick will put him in a position to succeed..." (On that last oft-claimed point: one might wonder why Belichick* couldn't do that for Can Newton...?)

Yeah, for sure I could be wrong.... but for me, when looking at Jones, I see a slow QB with an below average to average arm and also see him making bad decisions and/or rookie mistakes.

With that said, even if he begins to improve the following seasons he won't be the type of QB I'd be "concerned" about. That's just me though...

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

It hasn’t just been accuracy. He has shown better decision making a faster release, and even a better pocket presence.  What everyone has said is that when Jones was under center there was no question what he was doing, the same can’t be said for Cam.  Mind you all this could change when the pads go on for Tuesday’s practice. We will see.

• Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah, for sure I could be wrong.... but for me, when looking at Jones, I see a slow QB with an below average to average arm and also see him making bad decisions and/or rookie mistakes.

With that said, even if he begins to improve the following seasons he won't be the type of QB I'd be "concerned" about. That's just me though...

Can I ask how you come buy your opinion? While I agree he will make rookie mistakes, all rookies do. I also think you are falling into the Cowherd trap of thinking.. which is “A QB has to have speed to be good”.  I disagree a QB has to be able to make the. Throws and use the pocket well.. 

Mahomes is great because he makes ridiculous throws not because he can run.

Watson is also great because he can make throws while on the run, and hard bring down.

Allen is great because he makes amazing passes and occasionally runs

Brady — can’t run but uses intelligence and smarts and accuracy to win.

Jackson — runs first and a passer second, has won 1 playoff game.  IMO over rated 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

Can I ask how you come buy your opinion? While I agree he will make rookie mistakes, all rookies do. I also think you are falling into the Cowherd trap of thinking.. which is “A QB has to have speed to be good”.  I disagree a QB has to be able to make the. Throws and use the pocket well.. 

Mahomes is great because he makes ridiculous throws not because he can run.

Watson is also great because he can make throws while on the run, and hard bring down.

Allen is great because he makes amazing passes and occasionally runs

Brady — can’t run but uses intelligence and smarts and accuracy to win.

Jackson — runs first and a passer second, has won 1 playoff game.  IMO over rated 

Just from what I have seen of him honestly. Which I admit isn't a whole heck of a lot, but the little I saw from him in college and the videos from Pats camp. Also just to clarify, when I said he's not mobile I don't mean necessarily being a runner. In regards to Jones I was mainly speaking about when pressure comes he just seems to slow to make a quick move to get out of it and whatnot.

And like I said I could be 100% wrong. Just saying as of now that's how I feel about him.

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

Kind of a weird post here.

"I think we all know there is more to QBing than just that. Hence why Stidham has never started." That would imply that the fans' perception has something to do with who starts. I'm sure you're not suggesting that.

You were suggesting that the talk of his accuracy is what I or some fans think that is all he needs to be a QB in the NFL and i am saying No that was not what I am implying and nobody was suggesting that. And the Stidham comment, is me saying he is more accurate than Cam and never started for the pats because all the intangibles he needs or the coaches wanna see for a QB he doesn't have. Also implying everyone knows there is more to the position than just your skillset. 

Jonnu Smith telling the press that he has been "really impressed with Jones?" I have to assume that he was answering a question, and for him to state otherwise would be bizarre. It's literally a meaningless statement under the circumstances. If he had come out and said, "I hope Mac starts over Cam," THAT would be something to mention. It would also be close to inconceivable for a recent team acquisition to show any preference whatsoever as to who starts. 

No he was not answering a question on jones specifically. Similar to Emmanuel Sanders making a statement about Josh Allen making a play that he never seen any QB do, Smith was making a statement indicating that Jones was more impressive than he even thought he would be. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

As far as the fanbase debating who should start-- that's also close to a meaningless debate. I've actually been following the Patriots* fan forum, and its tenor is certainly not surprising. Fanbases are notoriously fickle. A QB who essentially craps the bed, as Cam did last season, will be met with such expert analysis like, "Cam sucks." The newly acquired rookie quarterback, on the other hand, will be viewed as the next coming of Brady*, and every excuse will be made for why his obvious weaknesses should not be a major concern.

Well the "debate" is not just within fans in NE, its within the media as well who are at the camps and are reporting back. I do agree fans are fickle and even some members in the media can be fickled, but reports are it's a legitimate debate to have. Overall my point is Jones is not "craping the bed" as some fans of this form are expecting and so hard for it to be. 

also glad you do travel to other football forums because some here think the notion is unheard of. And since you are "trying to keep your ear to the ground" as far as this QB situation is concerned for the pats you should listen to their local radio stations. They have these analyst who are there and are viewing them in action coming on the sports shows and discussing Jones/Cam..how the team is doing etc. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

No he was not answering a question on jones specifically. Similar to Emmanuel Sanders making a statement about Josh Allen making a play that he never seen any QB do, Smith was making a statement indicating that Jones was more impressive than he even thought he would. 

This is untrue. Smith was asked at a presser what he thought bout Jones, to which he replied: 

"I'm going to be honest man, I didn't expect Mac to have the kind of swagger that he got ... Mac, hell of a guy," Smith told reporters. "Great energy, bringing life to the locker room, always laughing and a smile on his face. He loves football -- you can't ask for a better quarterback."

And that's it. If you can find another instance of Smith "coming out" and praising Mac & Cheese without a reporter asking him about him, let's see it. Nothing about Jones on Smith's twitter feed, either. 

And I'll say it again-- an utterly meaningless statement from a recent FA acquisition. You're starting to acquire a reputation for grasping at straws on this platform.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

This is untrue. Smith was asked at a presser what he thought bout Jones, to which he replied: 

"I'm going to be honest man, I didn't expect Mac to have the kind of swagger that he got ... Mac, hell of a guy," Smith told reporters. "Great energy, bringing life to the locker room, always laughing and a smile on his face. He loves football -- you can't ask for a better quarterback."

And that's it. If you can find another instance of Smith "coming out" and praising Mac & Cheese without a reporter asking him about him, let's see it. Nothing about Jones on Smith's twitter feed, either. 

And I'll say it again-- an utterly meaningless statement from a recent FA acquisition. You're starting to acquire a reputation for grasping at straws on this platform.

Ok that is not speaking of his football abilities, but again he is not "craping the bed" and there are players having confidents in him. I am not stating he will become the next great QB, but he aint crapping the bed either. 

and that is a bunch of b.s. because i am not acting like the sky is fallen in NE. and I challenge some bills fans on their point. Nah untrue. I can stand correct on my post, but I am not over here selling a pipe dream. I am pretty reasonable about NE.

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

Since you want to label NE fans..  point to me where I have debated the QBs? You won't find it, but what you would find when it pertains to you, is the "debate" on how bad the team expected to be or how important the coach really was, and your responses usually showed you aren't equip to handle the back n forth.  

The thread is about QBs, let’s not pretend otherwise, but you guys do you.., as you do it so well. 

Go Bills!!!

• Agree 1

Who stopped talking about QBs in here? Nobody. But let's not act like other stuff pertaining to NE isn't being discuss in here as well. Like some of you all kill me. Like we gotta act sky is fallen for some of you.  

Edited by Ghost_002!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.