The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

On 7/23/2021 at 1:17 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Wow, that picture is worse than the infamous one of Brady at the Combine.

He reminds me of Alex VanPelt, who was known as the Pillsbury Dough Boy.  Same arm strength as well.  

• Haha (+1) 2

On 7/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh the irony.

Jones is NOT going to be a great player, that is coming from this arm chair GM.  Also Tua sucks and Hurts is serviceable, none of the three will ever be great,  They were all certainly byproducts of incredible talent, that is undeniable even to someone so far up Belicheks behind you have to denigrate Shula to make yourself feel better, truly pathetic,

He’s a pats fan, what else would anyone expect, it’s hilarious that he and Casper decided to show up here and blah blah blah in defense of their bradyless jag of a team team, it’s just a hoot. 

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/20/2021 at 4:16 PM, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Jones was a desperate pick, he was the product of playing with elite talent.  He will never be anything more than a mediocre QB, at best. He won’t be as good as Brady’s last year with the Pats. 
If there is any kind of justice, Belichick doesn’t win more than Shula. Talk about two guys doing it the complete opposite way. Belichick is a cheater and a guy who benefited from one QB playing for 20 years at a pro bowl level. 

I feel like the pick was a pretty good value at that spot. People think I’m some kind of Mac Jones lover, but I don’t think he is going to be this huge “bust” like people think. Everyone’s opinion of what a bust is varies. I think he will be a slightly above average QB (think Jimmy G at worst, Kirk Cousins at best) to bridge the gap until someone better comes along. High floor/low ceiling. 

On 7/22/2021 at 12:13 PM, YattaOkasan said:

Agree.  You had a line about Montana and the 49ers which got me thinking about Terry Bradshaw's importance to the 70's steelers dysnasty.  Tough for me to tell cause of the nature of the game at that time, but he did not seem that instrumental to them.  His all pro year in 1978 he threw 20 picks.  uggh....

People need to stop comparing yesteryears stats w/ today. It might as well of been a totally different game in the 70s. 

19 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

People need to stop comparing yesteryears stats w/ today. It might as well of been a totally different game in the 70s. 

Wasn’t necessarily trying to do that, but yes in the 70s the QB was less critical. I did want to pop this terry bradshaw is a great QB balloon. He wasn’t really and he shouldn’t be commenting anymore (see his comments on josh). 

5 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Wasn’t necessarily trying to do that, but yes in the 70s the QB was less critical. I did want to pop this terry bradshaw is a great QB balloon. He wasn’t really and he shouldn’t be commenting anymore (see his comments on josh). 

I can’t stand his personality, but he was no Trent Dilfer. I think he was a good compliment to that defense.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I feel like the pick was a pretty good value at that spot. People think I’m some kind of Mac Jones lover, but I don’t think he is going to be this huge “bust” like people think. Everyone’s opinion of what a bust is varies. I think he will be a slightly above average QB (think Jimmy G at worst, Kirk Cousins at best) to bridge the gap until someone better comes along. High floor/low ceiling. 

Where were Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins drafted? 
The reason i bring that up is because they had very little to no expectations on them. Entirely different for Jones. I just don’t see how anyone can watch Jones at Bama, or look at him and think he will do much in the NFL. Shannahan isn’t in NE to help maximize the offense like he did with Jimmy G in SF. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

8 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Where were Jimmy G and Kirk Cousins drafted? 
The reason i bring that up is because they had very little to no expectations on them. Entirely different for Jones. I just don’t see how anyone can watch Jones at Bama, or look at him and think he will do much in the NFL. Shannahan isn’t in NE to help maximize the offense like he did with Jimmy G in SF. 

Jimmy G was in the 2nd and Cousins was I THINK a 4th, but I don’t feel like googling. Joe Burrow had an elite offense at LSU w/ receivers open wider than the Grand Canyon and yet nobody gives him the same **** as Mac Jones. Physically, JB was a better physical NFL prospect obviously. MJ was 5 star recruit going into Bama and lived up to that status completely. Yes, he had a great offense, but you still have to get the ball to your playmakers which is the QBs job. His accuracy & ability to anticipate and “throw open” his receivers was top notch. Definitely better than Tua, but a couple notches below Burrow. I just don’t see what you saw when he played for Bama that’s makes him such a bad prospect? Past Alabama QB busts? Wide open WRs? Weaker build? The guy was a Heisman finalist, man. 

21 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Jimmy G was in the 2nd and Cousins was I THINK a 4th, but I don’t feel like googling. Joe Burrow had an elite offense at LSU w/ receivers open wider than the Grand Canyon and yet nobody gives him the same **** as Mac Jones. Physically, JB was a better physical NFL prospect obviously. MJ was 5 star recruit going into Bama and lived up to that status completely. Yes, he had a great offense, but you still have to get the ball to your playmakers which is the QBs job. His accuracy & ability to anticipate and “throw open” his receivers was top notch. Definitely better than Tua, but a couple notches below Burrow. I just don’t see what you saw when he played for Bama that’s makes him such a bad prospect? Past Alabama QB busts? Wide open WRs? Weaker build? The guy was a Heisman finalist, man. 

The first measuring stick of whether or not Jones is worth anything is whether or not he can beat out a guy who is a shadow of what he once was.  With that defense they've built and solid running game, all they need him to do is not turn it over and distribute the ball within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.  They literally used the same game plan 20 years ago to great success.  Where it goes from there is anyone's guess, but I'd bet it doesn't create dynasty 3.0

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

The first measuring stick of whether or not Jones is worth anything is whether or not he can beat out a guy who is a shadow of what he once was.  With that defense they've built and solid running game, all they need him to do is not turn it over and distribute the ball within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.  They literally used the same game plan 20 years ago to great success.  Where it goes from there is anyone's guess, but I'd bet it doesn't create dynasty 3.0

Also have to see how their Oline does. Jones doesn't seem very mobile and being a rookie that likely makes some bad decisions at times I can see him getting sacked quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, P Riv said:

The whole Alabama team is full of elite players and 5 star recruits. It’s really a chicken or the egg thing. Is the offense good because or in spite of him? Having the highest recorded completion % in FBS history is a huge accomplishment. I agree w/ most of your points and yes, it’s anyone’s guess. I happen to put a lot of stock in accuracy. Kind of why I wasn’t #1 Josh Allen fan coming out of college. Then again I’m dumb so hey.

On 8/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

QBs don't grow on trees.  The gap between franchise QBs can be decades & Belichick doesn't have decades.  Let's look at the class of 1983 QBs & what happened to their teams after their franchise QB retired.  The Bills went over 20 years between franchise QBs, Miami hasn't found theirs since Marino hung them up & Denver had a few years of P. Manning at the end of his career but except for the fluke of his injury in Indy & getting replaced by Luck, Denver hasn't had a franchise QB & that one wasn't drafted by them.  

Want to see how bad it can get?  The Jets haven't ever had another franchise QB since Joe Namath.  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/31/2021 at 1:16 PM, Don Otreply said:

He’s a pats fan, what else would anyone expect, it’s hilarious that he and Casper decided to show up here and blah blah blah in defense of their bradyless jag of a team team, it’s just a hoot. 

Go Bills!!!

ha ha i think its funny how you continue to show, you are incapable of debating with posters who opinions differ from yours. Thanks for the laughs. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

QBs don't grow on trees.  The gap between franchise QBs can be decades & Belichick doesn't have decades.  Let's look at the class of 1983 QBs & what happened to their teams after their franchise QB retired.  The Bills went over 20 years between franchise QBs, Miami hasn't found theirs since Marino hung them up & Denver had a few years of P. Manning at the end of his career but except for the fluke of his injury in Indy & getting replaced by Luck, Denver hasn't had a franchise QB & that one wasn't drafted by them.  

Want to see how bad it can get?  The Jets haven't ever had another franchise QB since Joe Namath.  

The Jets had a few stellar seasons from guys like Vinny T and Chad Pennington, but you are right 😝 I think it’s a little easier to find one now because of all the college concepts in the NFL, but not much. Let’s all enjoy 17 while we can because it could be another 30 years until the next one comes along.

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

ha ha i think its funny how you continue to show, you are incapable of debating with posters who opinions differ from yours. Thanks for the laughs. 

Not getting involved with your discussion with other poster, but just wanted to see how you see that QB situation playing out with Pats? You think Jones will take over from Cam early?

26 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

What is there to debate? your teams QBs are what one might say, lacking capacity, to put it kindly, The Bills lived through the same thing for a very long time. There is nothing to debate.

3 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

From at least in a purely statistical perspective, is pretty much inarguable on every metric. Also, from the notorious "eyeball test."👁️

Agree. So far haven't seen enough of the others yet. At this point I think Mitch would give a better chance to win than what we have seen from Tua so far. Unless he comes out this season looking a whole better, which imo he likely improves, but not nearly enough.

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

What is there to debate? your teams QBs are what one might say, lacking capacity, to put it kindly, The Bills lived through the same thing for a very long time. There is nothing to debate.

Oh my it was brutal.... was difficult to get excited about anything with Bills all those years. Pats fans I think have been too spoiled for very long time and have no idea what they are in for. Some of them are still expecting to win no matter what.

I hope they get to see how it feels for many years to come lol

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.