The Patriot QB's suck 🤣🤣

Dablitzkrieg

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Man all these foolish teams taking QBs in peak physical condition if only they knew the secret. 🙄

The pic doesn’t prove if he be good bad or average. I had to point out the obvious since people even here it the two photos together.  FYI it’s not the condition you come in that matters but the work you put in after that does.  I’d think a Bills fan with your current QB know that.. he also had a lot people thinking he be a bust with his accuracy issues.. look now after he put in the work.. 

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

The pic doesn’t prove if he be good bad or average. I had to point out the obvious since people even here it the two photos together.  FYI it’s not the condition you come in that matters but the work you put in after that does.  I’d think a Bills fan with your current QB know that.. he also had a lot people thinking he be a bust with his accuracy issues.. look now after he put in the work.. 

Well... sure. So why was he not willing to put the work in to getting in shape before? And no matter how to look at it, it's a benefit to be in shape, athletically gifted, and physically dominant. So all those players who came into the league WITH that have a leg up on the guys who didn't.

You can compare him to Brady all you want, but those were vastly different times when Brady came into the league. Players did not prepare for the combine then like they do today.

But, as with any player, we'll see how he does. But expect for opposing team's fans to continue to make fun of Jones and any other QB you have until they prove that they can play. Many fans have been looking forward to the Pats without Brady for a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 3

18 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

I don't think there is an argument for how important Brady was to their dynasty, i wasn't even arguing that, but to think it's all Brady is dumb. players play and coaches coach. Both were big pieces to the puzzle. 

Yep - coaches do coach and Belichick without Brady has coached the Pats to mediocre levels each time.  He is a 0.500 level coach without Brady and I don’t expect that to change this year.  He will be around the break point and probably below 0.500 by a game or 2.

Players do play and Brady left Belichek and went to an average team - got several guys to agree to smaller deals to rejoin him with another average/good coach and won another Super Bowl.

Right now it seems pretty clear that the dynasty was pretty much all about Brady - the guys leave and Belichick misses the playoffs and Brady goes elsewhere and brings a championship.  Early on they needed each other, but the last 10 years Brady is the sole reason they won.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Well... sure. So why was he not willing to put the work in to getting in shape before? And no matter how to look at it, it's a benefit to be in shape, athletically gifted, and physically dominant. So all those players who came into the league WITH that have a leg up on the guys who didn't.

You can compare him to Brady all you want, but those were vastly different times when Brady came into the league. Players did not prepare for the combine then like they do today.

But, as with any player, we'll see how he does. But expect for opposing team's fans to continue to make fun of Jones and any other QB you have until they prove that they can play. Many fans have been looking forward to the Pats without Brady for a long, long time.

Would add that Josh did a ton of work in college to get better.  It was moreover that Josh was so raw coming out of HS that noone wanted him.  Mac Jones has been playing long and looks like football has been a focus for a lot longer (his private HS was known for athletics).  Josh didnt go to elite camps and obviously Firebaugh is not a HS that can be focused on sports.  I honestly wouldnt be surprised if Jones has thrown more than Josh despite Jones being 2 years younger.

Edited by YattaOkasan

On 7/22/2021 at 9:43 AM, PatsFanNH said:

ROFLMAO ya because all Shula did was messed up a HOF QB playing at a pro bowl level for well over a decade and never won a damn thing with him! 

No a desperate pick was the Texans pick of a QB. The Pats took the best available player at 15 in Jones. Also a “product of elite Talent” umm then why didn’t Hurst or Tua break records for completion percentage or get praised by their WR?

Now Jones could be a bust or he could be an average or great player only time will tell us not arm chair GMs who base their opinion off of what they want and not what we saw on the field.

Oh the irony.

Jones is NOT going to be a great player, that is coming from this arm chair GM.  Also Tua sucks and Hurts is serviceable, none of the three will ever be great,  They were all certainly byproducts of incredible talent, that is undeniable even to someone so far up Belicheks behind you have to denigrate Shula to make yourself feel better, truly pathetic,

8 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Yep - coaches do coach and Belichick without Brady has coached the Pats to mediocre levels each time.  He is a 0.500 level coach without Brady and I don’t expect that to change this year.  He will be around the break point and probably below 0.500 by a game or 2.

Players do play and Brady left Belichek and went to an average team - got several guys to agree to smaller deals to rejoin him with another average/good coach and won another Super Bowl.

Right now it seems pretty clear that the dynasty was pretty much all about Brady - the guys leave and Belichick misses the playoffs and Brady goes elsewhere and brings a championship.  Early on they needed each other, but the last 10 years Brady is the sole reason they won.

So we bring back up the Cleveland days, we are going back 20 plus years like coaches don't get better? We are once again coming to an assumption after ONE YEAR of rebuilding.

yea the Bucs were an average team whose QB threw 33 TDS and 30 picks, 30 picks..that at all had nothing to do with with them  "being average"? Their offense consist of Mike Evens, Chris Goodwin and OJ Howard before brady ever got there and Jamies Winston was able to throw 33 TDs.... offensive weapons way better than what the patriots had since 07. But it was Brady who turned that team around according to you. 

like i said all brady had to do was not throw picks and the bucs were playoff bound, their defense stood on their heads during their playoff run, if their defense didnt step up they weren't winning a SB. Shoot Brady wasn't that good in the 2nd half of the NFC championship game. (not taken anything away from Brady---but people are getting too lazy with their takes)

Edited by Ghost_002!

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

So we bring back up the Cleveland days, we are going back 20 plus years like coaches don't get better? We are once again coming to an assumption after ONE YEAR of rebuilding.

yea the Bucs were an average team whose QB threw 33 TDS and 30 picks, 30 picks..that at all had nothing to do with with them  "being average" (sarcasm) Their offense consist of Mike Evens, Chris Goodwin and OJ Howard before brady ever got there, offense weapons way better than what the patriots had since 07. ha ha 

like i said all brady had to do was not throw picks and the bucs were playoff bound. You can't be serious with this.  

Yes and Brady took the sad NE Patriots offense into the playoffs 2 years ago and only lost to the eventual champions, but suddenly after Brady leaves - NE is “rebuilding” and that was why the HC everyone praised suddenly couldn’t win close games last year - it wasn’t the fact that Brady was their everything for 15+ years.

If you can’t see it - just enjoy the continual downfall.  

You have nothing to prove that Belicheck can be an exceptional HC without Brady (cause it has never happened) - yet we have multiple seasons of data both before and during Brady’s career that clearly shows without Brady - Belichick is average.

Now we have the 2nd data point - Brady leaves Belichick and goes onto another team that was mediocre and propels them to a Super Bowl.  Checkmate - seems pretty obvious who needed who.  

Seriously enjoy the “rebuild” I hope it last 20+ years.  😂

18 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

[b]Yes and Brady took the sad NE Patriots offense into the playoffs 2 years ago and only lost to the eventual champions[/b], but suddenly after Brady leaves - NE is “rebuilding” and that was why the HC everyone praised suddenly couldn’t win close games last year - it wasn’t the fact that Brady was their everything for 15+ years.

If you can’t see it - just enjoy the continual downfall.  

You have nothing to prove that Belicheck can be an exceptional HC without Brady (cause it has never happened) - yet we have multiple seasons of data both before and during Brady’s career that clearly shows without Brady - Belichick is average.

Now we have the 2nd data point - Brady leaves Belichick and goes onto another team that was mediocre and propels them to a Super Bowl.  Checkmate - seems pretty obvious who needed who.  

Seriously enjoy the “rebuild” I hope it last 20+ years.  😂

You need to check your data. his last season with the pats they lost to the titans after losing home field advantage because their offense was so bad they couldn't score any TDs. Their last SB victory Brady didn't record a touchdown  and debating with people like you, there is only so far to go, you are telling me there is no data to back up BB being a exceptional coach yet there is and yet he is viewed as so by his peers but i guess you know better, and I made my points, i really do not need you to agree or not, those facts do exist. They were together for 20 years, there is a reason for that, but i am not expecting you to know why. 

i will enjoy the rebuild, hope for your sake the patriots don't turn it around before your team can win a SB cause that would be what's laughable. 

Edited by Ghost_002!
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

You need to check your data. his last season with the pats they lost to the titans after losing home field advantage because their offense was so bad they couldn't score any TDs. Their last SB victory Brady didn't record a touchdown  and debating with people like you, there is only so far to go, you are telling me there is no data to back up BB being a exceptional coach yet there is and yet he is viewed as so by his peers but i guess you know better.  And my made my points, i really do not need you to agree or not, those facts do exist. They were together for 20 years, there is a reason for that, but i am not expecting you to know why. 

i will enjoy the rebuild, hope for your sake the patriots don't turn it around before your team can win a SB cause that would be what's laughable. 

Here is some data, simple fact.

Including partial seasons, until Brady took control as starting QB, Belicheks winning/losing seasons in the NFL as head coach was 2-7.  Sorry friend simple fact.

And the Pats were so bad they couldn't score any TDs?  Really including the last game with Brady as QB.  His final pass as a Pat was a TD, to the other team, LOL.

3 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Here is some data, simple fact.

Including partial seasons, until Brady took control as starting QB, Belicheks winning/losing seasons in the NFL as head coach was 2-7.  Sorry friend simple fact.

And the Pats were so bad they couldn't score any TDs?  Really including the last game with Brady as QB.  His final pass as a Pat was a TD, to the other team, LOL.

You got me there! that told his WHOLE CAREER I have been stumped! Someone needs to correct the NFL and his peers. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

You got me there! that told his WHOLE CAREER I have been stumped! Someone needs to correct the NFL and his peers. 

Boy you really like the drama, dont you.

You can think Belcihek is a demi-god all you want.  His seasons sans Brady tell a different story and I made a mistake, his winning/losing seasons as an NFL HC sans brady is actually 2-8, I forgot to include Belicheks  2020 coaching masterpiece,

5 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Boy you really like the drama, dont you.

You can think Belcihek is a demi-god all you want.  His seasons sans Brady tell a different story and I made a mistake, his winning/losing seasons as an NFL HC sans brady is actually 2-8, I forgot to include Belicheks  2020 coaching masterpiece,

Missed me with this one. i didn't know i couldn't come in here and counterpoint anyone's argument. *shrug shoulders*

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Oh the irony.

Jones is NOT going to be a great player, that is coming from this arm chair GM.  Also Tua sucks and Hurts is serviceable, none of the three will ever be great,  They were all certainly byproducts of incredible talent, that is undeniable even to someone so far up Belicheks behind you have to denigrate Shula to make yourself feel better, truly pathetic,

Degrade? I just stated a fact, he had a Top 5 All Time QB (who most places ahead of Kelly) and he did absolutely nothing with him. He made 1 SB and that’s it.  Maybe get your Shula loving glasses off and see he wasn’t all that with Marino!  I would think a Bills fan would know this seeing as the Bills did a dang good job of ruining every year for them.

also seeing how good the Bills fans record is with being armchair GMs I feel better you think he won’t be good seeing as how most on here stink at picking decent talent and call anyone with one bad year “they suck we need trade them” mentality. ( note.. this is not all but the GM wanna be on here usually suck most at least on here are smart enough to wait and see)

• Vomit 1

14 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Huh? Brady missed 1 year and the Pats went 11-5, BB first year they went 4-11 and the next Brady took over.  In Cleveland the team went to the playoffs in his second year and fell off a cliff in year 3 when the idiot owner announced before the season they were moving.. (this is what brought out the no distractions BB moving forward)

it amazes me how people forget how it went in Cleveland and how it was a poorly run organization that if they hadn’t moved probably makes a championship run with BB and their QB.

• Disagree 2

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? Brady missed 1 year and the Pats went 11-5, BB first year they went 4-11 and the next Brady took over.  In Cleveland the team went to the playoffs in his second year and fell off a cliff in year 3 when the idiot owner announced before the season they were moving.. (this is what brought out the no distractions BB moving forward)

it amazes me how people forget how it went in Cleveland and how it was a poorly run organization that if they hadn’t moved probably makes a championship run with BB and their QB.

Well, I personally think it's pretty silly for fans to think that Bill Belichick isn't a great coach. Yeah, if you remove 20 of his best seasons and all the Superbowls his team went to, yeah, he wasn't that great.

Almost all of the great coaches also had a great QB.

But, I'll agree that Brady was the primary reason the Pats were great. Doesn't matter how good of a coach you are if you don't have a good QB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Well, I personally think it's pretty silly for fans to think that Bill Belichick isn't a great coach. Yeah, if you remove 20 of his best seasons and all the Superbowls his team went to, yeah, he wasn't that great.

Almost all of the great coaches also had a great QB.

But, I'll agree that Brady was the primary reason the Pats were great. Doesn't matter how good of a coach you are if you don't have a good QB.

Absolutely have to have a great QB! In the case of Brady needed BB see the greatness in him.  I truly wonder how many HC would ever even have a 6th round QB even make the team never mind ever start.  They needed each other to be what they are today.  (IMO of course) 

I am also a firm believer Brady left because their egos couldn’t co exist anymore, I hope when they both retire they realize how much both their careers needed the other to reach the level they went to. 

26 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Absolutely have to have a great QB! In the case of Brady needed BB see the greatness in him.  I truly wonder how many HC would ever even have a 6th round QB even make the team never mind ever start.  They needed each other to be what they are today.  (IMO of course) 

I am also a firm believer Brady left because their egos couldn’t co exist anymore, I hope when they both retire they realize how much both their careers needed the other to reach the level they went to. 

BB saw enough in Brady in camp as a rookie to keep 4 QBs in 2000 when Brady was the 4th stringer.  While many teams would have waived him & tried to sneak him on the practice squad, the Pats kept him on the 53 man roster the entire season, so BB gets a lot of credit for taking Brady seriously.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.