Lefties are mentally disturbed and must be stopped.

A win for common sense.

Fairness in Women’s Sports Act becomes law

Patrick Richardson–April 6, 2023

After three years of attempts, the full legislature has overridden Democrat Governor Laura Kelly’s veto of the “Fairness in Women’s Sports Act.”

The Kansas Legislature has passed the bill three times but until now it had failed of override in at least one house.

The House voted 84-40 to override and the Senate vote was 28-12.

According to the Sunflower State Journal, Democratic Rep. Marvin Robinson of Kansas City was the deciding vote which provided the two-thirds majority needed for overriding Kelly’s veto in the House.

Senator Renee Erickson, (R-Wichita) carried the bill in the Senate, and said in a release she was pleased by its passage.

“Now that the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act will become law, Kansas will be able to uphold Title IX and protect fair play for Kansas girls, as it has done for 50 years,” Erickson said. “Today is truly a victory for all women.”

The bill simply requires that athletes compete on teams or in individual sports based upon their biological sex, rather than gender expression.

Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Christiana Kiefer — who advocated for the bill — said passage was necessary to protect women.

“We commend the Kansas Legislature for securing a level playing field for Kansas’s female athletes by overriding Gov. Kelly’s misguided veto of the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act. When the law ignores biological differences, women and girls bear the brunt of the harm,” she said. “As we continue to witness increasing incidents nationwide of males dominating girls’ athletic competitions, it’s imperative to affirm that biology, not identity, is what matters in athletics.”

https://sentinelksmo.org/fairness-in-womens-sports-act-becomes-law/

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/6/2023 at 7:31 PM, B-Man said:

A win for common sense.

Fairness in Women’s Sports Act becomes law

Patrick Richardson–April 6, 2023

After three years of attempts, the full legislature has overridden Democrat Governor Laura Kelly’s veto of the “Fairness in Women’s Sports Act.”

The Kansas Legislature has passed the bill three times but until now it had failed of override in at least one house.

The House voted 84-40 to override and the Senate vote was 28-12.

According to the Sunflower State Journal, Democratic Rep. Marvin Robinson of Kansas City was the deciding vote which provided the two-thirds majority needed for overriding Kelly’s veto in the House.

Senator Renee Erickson, (R-Wichita) carried the bill in the Senate, and said in a release she was pleased by its passage.

“Now that the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act will become law, Kansas will be able to uphold Title IX and protect fair play for Kansas girls, as it has done for 50 years,” Erickson said. “Today is truly a victory for all women.”

The bill simply requires that athletes compete on teams or in individual sports based upon their biological sex, rather than gender expression.

Alliance Defending Freedom Senior Counsel Christiana Kiefer — who advocated for the bill — said passage was necessary to protect women.

“We commend the Kansas Legislature for securing a level playing field for Kansas’s female athletes by overriding Gov. Kelly’s misguided veto of the Fairness in Women’s Sports Act. When the law ignores biological differences, women and girls bear the brunt of the harm,” she said. “As we continue to witness increasing incidents nationwide of males dominating girls’ athletic competitions, it’s imperative to affirm that biology, not identity, is what matters in athletics.”

https://sentinelksmo.org/fairness-in-womens-sports-act-becomes-law/

A victory for women/girls.   At least in Kansas.

• Agree 1

On 4/4/2023 at 7:44 PM, Boatdrinks said:

Libraries and books are great . Gay / trans books for kids ? Gross. Trump? Best  US President since Reagan. 

Didn't know that both Rosa Parks and Roberto Clemente were either gay or trans.

One can learn a lot here.

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Did I mention them in particular ? You’re a cementhead. 

You brought up the gay/trans thing as a reason to pull books from libraries.

Explain why those were banned from libraries.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You brought up the gay/trans thing as a reason to pull books from libraries.

Explain why those were banned from libraries.

I didn’t mention any “ gay / trans thing”  Rather , I clearly stated “ gay/ trans books for kids …” . . I made no reference to authors .You struggle with comprehension …

• Agree 1

Continuing misuse of the term "banned"  to try (and fail) to make a point.

Some books that are clearly too sexual and advanced for young children are being kept out of their curriculum and school libraries.

They are available wherever books are sold.

They are NOT banned, or "burned"  LOL.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Continuing misuse of the term "banned"  to try (and fail) to make a point.

Some books that are clearly too sexual and advanced for young children are being kept out of their curriculum and school libraries.

They are available wherever books are sold.

They are NOT banned, or "burned"  LOL.

It's how they get maximum feelz.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

I didn’t mention any “ gay / trans thing”  Rather , I clearly stated “ gay/ trans books for kids …” . . I made no reference to authors .You struggle with comprehension …

Keep dancing.

Why are Republican politicians banning biographies about Clemente and Parks?

You can't answer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

52 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Keep dancing.

Why are Republican politicians banning biographies about Clemente and Parks?

You can't answer. 

Not aware of it . I don’t know / agree with each and every viewpoint of every R politician and certainly don’t claim to. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Hysterical - the cult commenting about terminology… while misusing the term communist. 

Irony is dead w these idiots

cc: @BillsFanNC @LeviF

I might consider that an insult if you knew what communist meant. Or irony. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Ignore Court rulings now!  Yes!! 

We love us the Constitution!!

Geez.

That "NO PRESIDENT IS ABOVE THE LAW" lasted what. . . . . . . . . . a week ?

• Like (+1) 1