Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

7 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yes, 1/3 of the nation should stay poor so my burger stays cheap. Listen to yourselves!

good lord economic illiteracy is the real epidemic. But fair enough. I say increase minimum wage to what ever you make. Sound good? 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Unemployment shouldn’t Free to recipients. Have them put in some hours at a soup kitchen or cleaning up the street or working for a charity, tutoring kids.

Free loader... ha. I support 4 or 5 freeloaders with my tax contributions. 

Nevertheless Paying people to do nothing doesn’t motivate them to go get employed. Unemployment should be entitlement to have a safety net job, not safety net income. 

I supported community service in exchange for UI during the tough early months. There should’ve been a program created to do just that.

Too bad Donald didn’t do that and said it was fake, was just the sniffles, would go from 30 cases down to zero in a week.

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

I supported community service in exchange for UI during the tough early months. There should’ve been a program created to do just that.

Too bad Donald didn’t do that and said it was fake, was just the sniffles, would go from 30 cases down to zero in a week.

Yeah he was an idiot. And yes there should have been a program to have those people do something productive.  Even if it was just writing a nice email or facetime an elderly person 

13 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

good lord economic illiteracy is the real epidemic. But fair enough. I say increase minimum wage to what ever you make. Sound good? 

The end date for enhanced UI was set perfectly. By august, the majority of the nation will be vaccinated. That was the plan.

Now, Corporations and lobbyists wants their slaves back 2 months early. Why?

The majority of these folks are women with children. The schools just opened back up. Now, we should cut their benefits early to force them back out there before everyone’s vaccinated?

The Chamber of Commerce just launched a multi-million dollar campaign designed to shame the unemployed for not taking low wage jobs. 

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

No one should work for $20k/yr in two of the lowest cost of living states in the country? Which lobby is saying that exactly? 

What an entitled loser thing to say. 

you’re gonna hate life when your Mcimpossible burger costs $30 and your salary hasn’t budged... 

It's funny, no one acknowledges the salaries associated with the C-Suite at McDonalds - only those making min wage.

2 minutes ago, Governor said:

The end date for enhanced UI was set perfectly. By august, the majority of the nation will be vaccinated. That was the plan.

Now, Corporations and lobbyists wants their slaves back 2 months early. Why?

The majority of these folks are women with children. The schools just opened back up. Now, we should cut their benefits early to force them back out there before everyone’s vaccinated?

The Chamber of Commerce just launched a multi-million dollar campaign designed to shame the unemployed for not taking low wage jobs. 

Nope you sold me. I think your hourly wage should be the new minimum wage. Sound good? 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Nope you sold me. I think your hourly wage should be the new minimum wage. Sound good? 

Now, I would tell unemployed people that they’ll receive the rest of their enhanced UI in a lump sum if they take a job right now, if that’s what the goal is.

Problem is, that’s not what it’s about. R Governors in red states want to steal that money and use it for other things like tax cuts, etc. 

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

Your burger should be cheap since it will be exclusively soy byproduct.  

I actually don’t eat soy. I’m not someone that’s always looking for a meat alternative. I think it’s all pretty gross and kinda weird.

The problem for restaurants and fast food places and such, where wages are generally the minimum wage, are that those jobs have traditionally been taken either by part time high school students, or by immigrants.  I know where I live high school and college students aren't flocking to those jobs the way they used to, as a way for them to start gaining financial independence.  Their parents foot the bill for everything, to the detriment of their child.  My kids were told from the get go they would be expected to generate their own funds for entertainment, and to help pay for car insurance and such.  My younger one works at Chik Fil-A right now.  I always say that every kid should have to work at a fast food joint for a least some time to gain appreciation for work.  

The other issue around these parts is that the immigrant (or let's say less economically advantaged) population have no affordable housing anywhere near where the jobs in my area are located, nor do  they have ready transportation to get there.

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

Now, I would tell unemployed people that they’ll receive the rest of their enhanced UI in a lump sum if they take a job right now, if that’s what the goal is.

Problem is, that’s not what it’s about. R Governors in red states want to steal that money and use it for other things like tax cuts, etc. 

these states want to steal the money the federal government stole from its population and return it to whom it was stolen from? Sounds like a typical efficient government program. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

these states want to steal the money the federal government stole from its population and return it to whom it was stolen from? Sounds like a typical efficient government program. 

Why not take it from the PPP loan program? Why is it always stolen from workers?

Edited by Governor

Just now, Governor said:

Why not take it from the PPP loan program? Why is it always stolen from workers?

Programs and governments don’t produce  money, workers and companies do... so that’s who they need to steal it from. 

I’d prefer they didn’t steal a third of my income. But that’s  ‘Mercian freedom! 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Now, that Governor character is a real dummy. Some start out poor but no one has to remain poor, that’s the beauty of America. No one needs to be a mom with kids who doesn’t want to be. 

Having children you cannot support is the most irresponsible thing a human being can do. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The problem for restaurants and fast food places and such, where wages are generally the minimum wage, are that those jobs have traditionally been taken either by part time high school students, or by immigrants.  I know where I live high school and college students aren't flocking to those jobs the way they used to, as a way for them to start gaining financial independence.  Their parents foot the bill for everything, to the detriment of their child.  My kids were told from the get go they would be expected to generate their own funds for entertainment, and to help pay for car insurance and such.  My younger one works at Chik Fil-A right now.  I always say that every kid should have to work at a fast food joint for a least some time to gain appreciation for work.  

The other issue around these parts is that the immigrant (or let's say less economically advantaged) population have no affordable housing anywhere near where the jobs in my area are located, nor do  they have ready transportation to get there.

Adults took all of those jobs 20 years ago. 

I would set a minimum wage for adults and for kids.

You want cheap labor? Hire a kid. That forces it back to the model you’re describing.

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Having children you cannot support is the most irresponsible thing a human being can do. 

Don’t get me started. I think it should be illegal.

25 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I always say that every kid should have to work at a fast food joint for a least some time to gain appreciation for work.  

My Dad always made us get summer jobs and other part time jobs to gain the appreciation for work.  But also provide an example for us as to what awaits us if we stop our education.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

My Dad always made us get summer jobs and other part time jobs to gain the appreciation for work.  But also provide an example for us as to what awaits us if we stop our education.

Absolutely.

1 hour ago, Governor said:

Yes, 1/3 of the nation should stay poor so my burger stays cheap. Listen to yourselves!

I spent 25 years in the industry that cooks your burger and it survived on low wages forever.  But, for some reason, you want to change all that.  Just because we put an apron on every day and sling hash doesn't mean we are poor.  Listen to yourself.