Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

They’re working on the bill as you know.  Quit being deliberately obsequious.

Obsequious?  I don't think that's the word you're looking for.  

Anyway this bill will likely to the route of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.  Wasn't THAT supposed to fix our infrastructure?  What happened??

This continues thru the year bc Blue States are going to need an even bigger bailout in Jan 2022.

They still aren't "open."  And the gaps they used to survive this year were all Federal Dollars.

That isn't going to change.  

And long term as I've been saying for months.....good luck getting anyone to invest in brick and mortal deep blue holes where

1. You can be shutdown indefinitely for the flu

2. When "peaceful protests" happen, to hell with protecting your investment; they've already said "they're just buildings."

3. Standard of living rapidly descending into unsustainable, violent, and hey to keep y'all safe we're going to defund the police!  

The exodus is going to be like nothing we've seen since the dust bowl or Reconstruction.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Obsequious?  I don't think that's the word you're looking for.  

Anyway this bill will likely to the route of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.  Wasn't THAT supposed to fix our infrastructure?  What happened??

It got caught up in stupid politics.  Do you recall what McConnell’s one stated goal was at that time?

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

It got caught up in stupid politics.  Do you recall what McConnell’s one stated goal was at that time?

It got caught up in politics?  What does that even mean?  

And no I don’t remember what McConnell’s one stated goal was. 

23 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It got caught up in politics?  What does that even mean?  

And no I don’t remember what McConnell’s one stated goal was. 

Obtuse and obsequious.  Deliberately on your part.  Enjoy your evening.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Obtuse and obsequious.  Deliberately on your part.  Enjoy your evening.

Giving up so soon?   

I’m not being deliberately obtuse.  What do you mean this bill got caught up in politics? Where did the money go?  What makes you think the same won’t happen to this Bill?  

Reminder:

On 5/7/2021 at 3:26 PM, B-Man said:

THE BIDEN ECONOMY: 

Who’s Hiring And Who’s Firing In April: A Golden Age For Waiters And Card Dealers. 

“The reality is that the number could have been even worse: had it not been for some 187,000 workers added in food service and drinking places (i.e. waiters and bartenders) as well as 72,700 gambling, amusements and recreation workers (i.e., card dealers), the April print would have been virtually unchanged from last month.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/economics/whos-hiring-and-whos-firing-april-golden-age-waiters-and-card-dealers

On 5/7/2021 at 11:37 AM, B-Man said:

What Will You Do When Inflation Forces U.S. Households To Spend 40 Percent Of Their Incomes On Food?

by Michael Snyder

Did you know that the price of corn has risen 142 percent in the last 12 months? Of course corn is used in hundreds of different products we buy at the grocery store, and so everyone is going to feel the pain of this price increase. But it isn’t just the price of corn that is going crazy. We are seeing food prices shoot up dramatically all across the industry, and experts are warning that this is just the very beginning. So if you think that food prices are bad now, just wait, because they are going to get a whole lot worse.

https://markets.financialcontent.com/stocks/news/read/41316443/what_will_you_do_when_inflation_forces_u.s._households_to_spend_40_percent_of_their_incomes_on_food?

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Giving up so soon?   

I’m not being deliberately obtuse.  What do you mean this bill got caught up in politics? Where did the money go?  What makes you think the same won’t happen to this Bill?  

i think hes talking about the republicans basically stating their objective was to block everything coming out of that administration.

not to put words in his mouth and not sure if thats what happened as it was passed..was it not?

17 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

i think hes talking about the republicans basically stating their objective was to block everything coming out of that administration.

not to put words in his mouth and not sure if thats what happened as it was passed..was it not?

A bill was finally passed in 2015 that gave around 300 billion over a 5 year period.  That after as you point out McConnell saying in Obama’s first term that his only goal was to make Obama a one term president.  And now his goal is to block anything Biden wants.

We need to get back to actual negotiation and compromise between parties.  I am in favor of a more limited bill than what Biden proposes but more than Caputo wants.  Civil engineers tell us our roads and bridges are in dire straits, we should never have water like we have in Flint, ports and airports are in rough shape.  And access to broadband is needed in our rural areas.  Focus on those.

Edited by oldmanfan

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

A bill was finally passed in 2015 that gave around 300 billion over a 5 year period.  That after as you point out McConnell saying in Obama’s first term that his only goal was to make Obama a one term president.  And now his goal is to block anything Biden wants.

We need to get back to actual negotiation and compromise between parties.  I am in favor of a more limited bill than what Biden proposes but more than Caputo wants.  Civil engineers tell us our roads and bridges are in dire straits, we should never have water like we have in Flint, ports and airports are in rough shape.  And access to broadband is needed in our rural areas.  Focus on those.

i agree with this. the problem always comes down to the earmarks and pet projects. if you propose a straight forward act that addresses the issue then its pretty hard to attack but both sides always add in the bonuses and the other side says THIS is why it should be blocked.

people on both sides need to demand all the outside stuff stays out. address it independently and stop hiding it in bills so things can actually get accomplished.

but thats rarley the objective it seems.

Just now, Buffarukus said:

i agree with this. the problem always comes down to the earmarks and pet projects. if you propose a straight forward act that addresses the issue then its pretty hard to attack but both sides always add in the bonuses and the other side says THIS is why it should be blocked.

people on both sides need to demand all the outside stuff stays out. address it independently and stop hiding it in bills so things can actually get accomplished.

but thats rarley the objective it seems.

Completely agree

BIDEN TO NATION: DROP DEAD. 

Joe Biden Defiant in Face of Grim Economic Report: ‘Our Economy is Moving in the Right Direction.’

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/05/07/joe-biden-defiant-in-face-of-grim-economic-report-our-economy-is-moving-in-the-right-direction/

Earlier: Milton Friedman’s Revenge.

https://freebeacon.com/columns/milton-friedmans-revenge/

1 minute ago, Doc said:

This should be in the "Biden's Lies" thread.

To be fair , most everything he says publicly could be in that thread. I can’t recall any truthful statement he’s made. Amazing how unquestioning the media is of his lies. They don’t even consider questioning policy. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

To be fair , most everything he says publicly could be in that thread. I can’t recall any truthful statement he’s made. Amazing how unquestioning the media is of his lies. They don’t even consider questioning policy. 

How’s the BIG LIE going?

4 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I know.  Just have to keep that thread going and growing.

• Like (+1) 1

Literally all the basics are becoming wildly expensive Biden keeps inflation and borrowing.

Trump was scarcely better in this regard but at least he had real growth.

Oh and I think it’s totally intentional, not incompetency.

Even though a lot of this cane contributed to the over hyping and none common sense reaction to the virus some of it can be directly attributed to the  politicians that run the country .

There have been a couple of moves recently that have shown little to no fore thought or common sense put into moves made such as promising making it easier to come to the US which directly caused the border crisis !!

Then giving money to those not effected by the pandemic plus to some point extending unemployment benefits in general if Americans don't have to get off their ass they won't so by giving them incentive to stay home hasn't & won't help getting people back to work .

Kind of like the way wel fare is set up 🤔 why work if big brother willingly & continually gives you stuff and makes it so easy to fleece the system ! No too mention how many votes that brings in ...