Republicans Dumping On Lynne Cheney For Telling The Truth

Let’s be clear. Liz Cheney is not on the verge of being forced out of leadership because she has convictions.

There are plenty of GOP House members who 1) don’t like Trump and 2) have varying views on things like amnesty and foreign policy (Cheney is out of step with most Republicans on those two issues). Those members are not being pushed out of the party or punished.

The reason Cheney is in trouble is that she’s refusing to let go of her anti-Trumpism and January 6th obsession when those things are simply not relevant to the party anymore. She’s also been directly undermining McCarthy publicly after he went out of his way to give her space to vent.

She’s had that space and now is the time to let it go and move forward. Cheney doesn’t have the capacity or will to do that. Thus, she has no place in leadership.

Cheney has refused to be a team player, and that’s fine, but it’s only fine if she does that from the backbench. Republicans need leaders that aren’t going to go on Chuck Todd’s or Jake Tapper’s show and cut the knees out from under their own caucus.

• Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The founding fathers were terrified of a cult of personality like the GOP is trying to install.

They were terrified of extremists, one party control and mob rule bud. They saw all of this coming. It took a whole 250 years to break completely so I guess not bad. 

I just don’t understand the Ignorance of any of you that think this is a one sided problem 

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They were terrified of extremists, one party control and mob rule bud. They saw all of this coming. It took a whole 250 years to break completely so I guess not bad. 

I just don’t understand the Ignorance of any of you that think this is a one sided problem 

The Democratic party is not trying to smother the voices of it's member anywhere near the way Trump is trying to control the entire conversation.  It's not a zero sum event.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

The Democratic party is not trying to smother the voices of it's member anywhere near the way Trump is trying to control the entire conversation.  It's not a zero sum event.  

I must respectfully disagree.

If you speak out of turn in the Democrat Party, you are gone.

and unfortunately that line keeps moving farther Left daily.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I must respectfully disagree.

If you speak out of turn in the Democrat Party, you are gone.

and unfortunately that line keeps moving farther Left daily.

Tell me which Democrat has a strangle hold on its members so bad that they will primary each and every one of them that has a dissenting opinion until they are all gone.  That's different than what you are saying.

8 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I’ve been paying attention in a lot of places for several months. I’ve not heard much of anything from DT other than dems trying to keep propping him up and keeping him relevant reminding us he existed. 

our founders were terrified of government. How else could you explain the stupidity of the Second amendment that citizens need to be able to arm themselves so they can revolt if the government is too oppressive. And it was the second one! 

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Tell me which Democrat has a strangle hold on its members so bad that they will primary each and every one of them that has a dissenting opinion until they are all gone.  That's different than what you are saying.

Yep. You’re right. 

The only recent time someone tried to run someone out of town was Kennedy vs. Markey in that Senate race and that had more to do with Kennedy thinking that seat belongs to him and his family, not anything they really had against Markey. Markey survived.

9 minutes ago, daz28 said:

It is NOT one person.

The Left is in complete control of the party.

Speak of moderation on any issue (abortion, crime, immigration) and you are no longer tolerated.

Edited by B-Man

Just now, B-Man said:

It is NOT one person.

Speak of moderation on any issue (abortion, crime, immigration) and you are no longer tolerated.

Joe Biden is a moderate no matter what paint brush people try to color him with.  Always has been.  If you think Biden is a carbon copy of Bernie Sanders, you're judgement has been wrongfully influenced.

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’ve been paying attention in a lot of places for several months. I’ve not heard much of anything from DT other than dems trying to keep propping him up and keeping him relevant reminding us he existed. 

our founders were terrified of government. How else could you explain the stupidity of the Second amendment that citizens need to be able to arm themselves so they can revolt if the government is too oppressive. And it was the second one! 

Trump is very much alive.  You may not hear him, but he still has a stranglehold on the party.

The 2nd Amendment has been stomped on by Congress and the SC many, many times when it's wording is VERY CLEAR.  It doesn't stop them, though.

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Joe Biden is a moderate no matter what paint brush people try to color him with.  Always has been.  If you think Biden is a carbon copy of Bernie Sanders, you're judgement has been wrongfully influenced.

It doesn't matter whether you think he's a moderate or not, he's being pulled to the far left.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Moderate -- Speech

+

Leftist legislation

-------------------------

Leftist President

Biden is not even coming close to what progressives want out of him.

29 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

They were scared of direct democracy which they felt would lead to mob rule.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, daz28 said:

AOC and her hit squad to name one.. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It is NOT one person.

There’s a bunch of pro-life, pro-police, and strong border democrats holding office right now. 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

AOC and her hit squad to name one.. 

Yeah cuz AOC clearly has the political clout of Donald Trump.  Puhleeeez.  You're thinking with your feels, because you know this is not true.

46 minutes ago, B-Man said:

It is NOT one person.

While I agree left is in control across the board right now across the board, I really need someone to explain to me why two people screw and science happens that  then a mother that doesn’t want her kid should bear it anyway. Do we think that child has a great future in this overpopulated world of already neglected children? 

Parents are literally tossing their kids over a fence right now 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

While I agree left is in control across the board right now across the board, I really need someone to explain to me why two people screw and science happens that  then a mother that doesn’t want her kid should bear it anyway. Do we think that child has a great future in this overpopulated world of already neglected children? 

Pro-life without exception is an unsustainable position to still have in 2021. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, The Governor said:

Bob Casey of Pennsylvania, Doug Jones of Alabama, and Joe Manchin of West Virginia.

Bob Casey WAS 14 years ago, he had to change because of the democrat peer pressure that I mentioned.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/02/casey-abortion-pennsylvania-midterms-689505

Doug Jones is NOT pro-life

In the Sept. 27 MSNBC interview, host Chuck Todd asked Jones about abortion.

Jones said he's a "firm believer that a woman should have to freedom to choose what happens to her own body" and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

Alabama law allows abortions to be performed as late as 22 weeks into a pregnancy.

"I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose," 

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2017/11/doug_jones_speaks_on_abortion.html

Joe Manchin  as he does with ALL things tries to play the middle The only point I will concede is that he doesn't bow to the democrat narrative on anything,

but he certainly does nNOT vote straight pro-life no matter what he calls himself.

Abortion. Manchin identifies as "pro-life." He has mixed ratings from both abortion-rights and anti-abortion movements political action groups.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Manchin

Try, try again, you either follow the democrat stance on abortion (like the good Catholics, Biden & Pelosi) or you don't advance.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Republicans only want them born, what happens after that is not considered.  Sure there's many good conservative people that will adopt children, but they don't realize that what they have now is a ditch.  They don't see that it would make their ditch become Niagara Falls.  The reason they can't face that fact is because the good book leads them beyond reason.  Think Mexican migrant child crisis times 10 million.  Surely no one would use a coat hangar, right?

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Consider Reading a book named freakanomics @B-Man

provided a perspective on the topic I’d never considered. Two stat professors that were just looking at social data. 

also helpful for other real like exercises like home sales. 

I did read it back around 2008.

But I might just pick it up again.

Thanks.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Republicans only want them born, what happens after that is not considered.  Sure there's many good conservative people that will adopt children, but they don't realize that what they have now is a ditch.  They don't see that it would make their ditch become Niagara Falls.  The reason they can't face that fact is because the good book leads them beyond reason.  Think Mexican migrant child crisis times 10 million.  Surely no one would use a coat hangar, right?

There is no worse way to start off in this world than that the only two people

that are most likely to unconditionally love you don’t. After that turning out as an occasional felon is probably the median. 

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Bob Casey WAS 14 years ago, he had to change because of the democrat peer pressure than I mentioned.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/07/02/casey-abortion-pennsylvania-midterms-689505

Jones said he's a "firm believer that a woman should have to freedom to choose what happens to her own body" and that he opposed a ban on abortions after the 20th week of gestation, which is a bill passed by the U.S. House of Representatives and now under consideration in the Senate.

Alabama law allows abortions to be performed as late as 22 weeks into a pregnancy.

"I'm not in favor of anything that is going to infringe on a woman's right and her freedom to choose," 

Joe Manchin  as he does with ALL things tries to play the middle The only point I will concede is that he doesn't bow to the democrat narrative on anything,

but he certainly does nNOT vote straight pro-life no matter what he calls himself.

Abortion. Manchin identifies as "pro-life." He has mixed ratings from both abortion-rights and anti-abortion movements political action groups.

Try, try again, you either follow the democrat stance on abortion (like the good Catholics, Biden & Pelosi) or you don't advance.

PSA Chuck Todd is a sniveling doosche. Tim Russert would never would have approved of this. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Bob Casey WAS 14 years ago, he had to change because of the democrat peer pressure than I mentioned.

I’m not concerned with what they may say on any given day. All 3 of them have “voted” for Republican led life bills. Ben Sasse had one not that long ago.

For most Americans, it’s no longer an important issue. If you’re still voting on abortion, you’re likely still wearing Cavaricci and parachute pants.

Edited by The Governor
  • Disagree 1

9 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

There is no worse way to start off in this world than that the only two people

that are most likely to unconditionally love you don’t. After that occasional felon is probably the median. 

Since 1973 there have been 186 abortions for every 1000 live births(62 million), and consider this number is exponential.  Are you really saying there isn't 100 million loving Christians families in the US willing to take these poor souls???  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Since 1973 there have been 186 abortions for every 1000 live births(62 million), and consider this number is exponential.  Are you really saying there isn't 100 million loving Christians families in the US willing to take these poor souls???  

For me you’re talking past the sale But I don’t celebrate abortion as a good thing. To be considerate of others I consider it an acceptable tragedy.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, The Governor said:

I’m not concerned with what they may say on any given day. All 3 of them have “voted” for Republican led life bills. Ben Sasse had one not that long ago.

Link?

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For me you’re talking past the sale But I don’t celebrate abortion as a good thing. To be considerate of others I consider it an acceptable tragedy.  

You're right, but no one is pro-abortion.  Thats a misnomer.  I'm still trying to understand why Hillary would allow abortions when those are babies she could have drank the blood of and eaten.  Seriously though, it's not a "good" thing, we all know that, but reality tells the real story.  It's simply not feasible, which makes it a non-issue for anyone living in reality.  

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

You're right, but no one is pro-abortion.  Thats a misnomer.  I'm still trying to understand why Hillary would allow abortions when those are babies she could have drank the blood of and eaten.  Seriously though, it's not a "good" thing, we all know that, but reality tells the real story.  It's simply not feasible, which makes it a non-issue for anyone living in reality.  

Especially fetuses! Those are a delicacy in some circles. 

laughs in George Soros….

1 minute ago, The Governor said:

The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

That's just being a human being.  And why partial birth abortions should be outlawed.

25 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act.

1 vote in 2 decades.........lol.

and that was against closure of the bill.

Well short of the sixty votes needed.

Let me know when they vote pro-life when it counts.

Irregardless, the party keeps it members in lock step, much more than the GOP.

26 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Ha Hilly and Billy were aborting full term adults like Vince Foster lol

• Haha (+1) 1