Son of Satan, Drinker of Babies' Blood not Pleased with Philly Pick - Front Office Rift

25 minutes ago, Arm of Harm said:

After Clements’ rookie deal was over, then GM Marv said that he’d negotiate an extension for Clements, except that Clements “wouldn’t like” the extension the Bills offered. So instead Marv slapped the franchise tag on him, to give Clements the chance to prove himself. Clements played very well during that franchise tag year. Once that franchise tag year was over he then signed a massive contract with the 49ers. A contract he never came close to living up to. 

At that time, wasn’t it the biggest contract for a defensive player, or maybe a defensive back?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tomorrow's headline: Eagles: Donahoe out, Whaley in!

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/4/30/22413462/eagles-howie-roseman-tom-donahoe-nfl-draft-2021-philadelphia-milton-williams-defensive-tackle-dt   Tom Donahoe visibly frustrated with

The whole scene seemed very familiar and thats when I remembered where I had seen it before.      

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rico said:

I hear you, but to me, 2003 after the 1st 2 games was still by far the most unwatchable season for me.

TD was a good football guy ruined by Ralph.

I know you absolutely hate Bledsoe, so i won't argue the point with you...but I feel like, though ultimately it didn't work out with him, it was a good move by TD to bring him in.  For half of the 2002 season, anyway, he was phenomenal.  And, he was a legit starting NFL QB.  For me, the Dick Jauron years, with Marv at the the helm were the absolute bottom of the barrel, of the drought years. It was the only time in my life I ever considered not watching every week... 2003 was crummy, no doubt, but (for me anyway) there was always that hope that Bledsoe, Moulds and that passing game would regain some of the magic they had the previous year.  But, Josh Reed wasn't an adequate replacement for Peerless Price.  Travis Henry was coming off a great season...Takeo, Fletcher, Winnfield and Clements on defense...there was some talent on that team.  

• Like (+1) 1
50 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I know you absolutely hate Bledsoe, so i won't argue the point with you...but I feel like, though ultimately it didn't work out with him, it was a good move by TD to bring him in.  For half of the 2002 season, anyway, he was phenomenal.  And, he was a legit starting NFL QB.  For me, the Dick Jauron years, with Marv at the the helm were the absolute bottom of the barrel, of the drought years. It was the only time in my life I ever considered not watching every week... 2003 was crummy, no doubt, but (for me anyway) there was always that hope that Bledsoe, Moulds and that passing game would regain some of the magic they had the previous year.  But, Josh Reed wasn't an adequate replacement for Peerless Price.  Travis Henry was coming off a great season...Takeo, Fletcher, Winnfield and Clements on defense...there was some talent on that team.  

There was definitely talent in 2003, we all saw it on display the first 2 weeks. All squandered away the rest of the season. That team was 100% gutless.

• Like (+1) 1
23 minutes ago, Rico said:

There was definitely talent in 2003, we all saw it on display the first 2 weeks. All squandered away the rest of the season. That team was 100% gutless.

Yes, I still remember feeling absolutely numb when Bledsoe threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down (against the Eagles I think), killing any hope they had of pulling the game out in the end....  When Trent Edwards does that ***** it is one thing... but Bledsoe?

18 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Yes, I still remember feeling absolutely numb when Bledsoe threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down (against the Eagles I think), killing any hope they had of pulling the game out in the end....  When Trent Edwards does that ***** it is one thing... but Bledsoe?

I never liked Bledsoe in NE, but I did give him a chance the 1st year. My loathing started in 2003.