Biden Speaks

B-Man

58 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Now, all these Dr's, lawyers, paramedics as you said are doing this in private but in public are acting like a normal person should.  So they really have no effect on a minority person do they?  

Keep your head in the sand

Just now, aristocrat said:

Hang on. Now you're changing the narrative.  

The narrative is racism is systemic and it's not hidden in the basement as you claim

Great example of American racism in the other thread as well

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

The narrative is racism is systemic and it's not hidden in the basement as you claim

Great example of American racism in the other thread as well

hang on a second.  you are the one who made the claim about the uncle in the basement or however you phrased it.  the underbelly or however you said it. come on man keep up. 

Edited by aristocrat

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

So publily they're supporting policy that helps minorites but at home they're racist.  So in the end minorities are treated equally but some ass is sitting at home pouting about it but doesn't actually hurt minorities?  That's quite an argument.  Not exactly sure what to do with that.  It's like a fantasy land for someone who is desperate for racism to exist.   That's part of the problem.  People seem to want it to exist more than it actually exists. 

3 hours ago, Melon said:

This is an oversimplification. Every racist is not sitting at home pouting about it. Racists have been actively involved in anti-American and anti-black groups such as the KKK, Proud Boys, etc. They signed bills supporting equal rights, then put on their hoods and lynched at night.

How can minorities (please spell it correctly if you're going to present an argument about them) be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

I'll ask again - How can minorities (please spell it correctly if you're going to present an argument about them) be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

Joe Biden Proved He Doesn't Understand the Purpose of the 2nd Amendment

Joe Biden’s long-awaited first address to Congress was full of absurdities and was outright cringeworthy at times, but perhaps the most ridiculous (and I agree this is a subjective assessment) might just be his remarks on gun control.

“Look, I don’t want to become confrontational,” Biden began, already lying. “But we need more Senate Republicans to join the overwhelming majority of Democrat colleagues and close the loopholes requiring a background check on purchases of guns… We need a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines. And don’t tell me it can’t be done. We did it before, and it worked.”

Wrong, it didn’t work. Biden has often cited the 1994 assault weapons ban, which banned assault weapons and high-capacity magazines for ten years, and claimed that it worked, but the facts show otherwise. According to a federally-funded study done for the Department of Justice, the assault weapons ban did little to curb gun violence. Assault weapons “were used in only a small fraction of gun crimes prior to the ban: about 2% according to most studies and no more than 8%,” the study explained.

“Should [the assault weapons ban] be renewed, the ban’s effects on gun violence are likely to be small at best and perhaps too small for reliable measurement,” the study said.

Biden then doubled down on his anti-gun nonsense.

“Talk to most responsible gun owners and hunters — they’ll tell you that there’s no possible justification for having 100 rounds in a weapon,” Biden said. “What’d ya think? Deer are wearing Kevlar vests?”

Yes, he actually said that.

Do you know anyone who has ever gone deer hunting with a hundred rounds in a weapon? Of course not. Joe Biden’s poorly written joke seems to be based on the premise that the 2nd Amendment is about protecting the right to hunt.

Spoiler alert: it isn’t.

The 2nd Amendment states, “A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”

Does that sound like it’s about hunting? Nope. The Founding Fathers saw the right of people to keep and bear arms as being necessary to preserving freedom.

“What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms,” Thomas Jefferson wrote to James Madison back in 1787. There are countless quotes from the Founding Fathers on gun rights and the 2nd Amendment—and none are about hunting, they’re about the people having the ability to protect their own freedom from the State. One could argue the 2nd Amendment was written to protect us from the likes of Joe Biden.

Biden’s joke about a deer wearing Kevlar was stupid, but nevertheless indicative of how he understands (or doesn’t understand) the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/04/29/joe-biden-proved-he-doesnt-understand-the-purpose-of-the-2nd-amendment-n1443492

1 minute ago, Melon said:

I'll ask again - How can minorities (please spell it correctly if you're going to present an argument about them) be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

lol again, one time i misspelled it.  spelled it correctly 100 other times. let it go it doesn't mean i am racist misspelling one time.  is this person in power actively passing bills to hurt minorities?

lol again, one time i misspelled it.  spelled it correctly 100 other times. let it go it doesn't mean i am racist misspelling one time.  is this person in power actively passing bills to hurt minorities?

This person in power killed George Floyd

Derek%20Chauvin%20042021.jpg

hang on.  you keep bouncing around from narrative to narrative.  we were talking about the people who only did it in their basements.   your words.  in the words of the DA btw the Floyd killing was not a hate crime.  not my words btw to be very clear as i know your next comment would be to call me a racist. 

we were talking about the people who only did it in their basements.

Are we? Or is that what you constantly refer back to because you won't answer the question - 

How can minorities be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

Just now, Melon said:

Are we? Or is that what you constantly refer back to because you won't answer the question - 

How can minorities be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

See you keep changing subjects here.  You called it the underbelly of society or something these people that act racist in their basement but apparently normal during the day. 

Yes, of course if people in power act racist in public towards minorities and actively discriminate against them they are not treated equally.  But you just used an example of Chauvin which was not considered  a racist incident according to the DA. Again, not my words. So you used an example that was not racist. 

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

See you keep changing subjects here.  You called it the underbelly of society or something these people that act racist in their basement but apparently normal during the day. 

Where did I say this? Re-read the quote below. I'll bold, italicize, and underline the part that continues to go over your head. 

3 hours ago, Melon said:

Some of those same folks are cops, doctors, paramedics, etc. To think they automatically stop their implicit bias on the job is laughable. 

That's the dark underbelly of racism that makes this country racist. 

Where did I say this? Re-read the quote below. I'll bold, italicize, and underline the part that continues to go over your head. 

Well if they did do it at their jobs it is pretty easy to spot and in this day and age of social media they ruin their careers pretty quickly with that stuff.  So again your example is flawed.  You make all these claims and have zero proof of it.  You make up these hypothetical situations and proclaim them as indisputable fact when they are not.  

Just to be clear.  Racism does exist. I am 100 percent against it.   It is also ok that there continue to be less racist people in this country as time goes on.  You probably need to hear that it's a great thing that it's happening and it is in fact happening.  You can use history books as proof.  

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

You make all these claims and have zero proof of it.

245 years of proof that has built up to the systemic racism we see today

Slavery

Jim Crow

Internment

KKK

"Crack Epidemic"

4Chan/8Chan/Parler

Rodney King

Ahmed Arbery
Dante Wright

Rayshard Brooks

Breonna Taylor

Could go on for awhile.

Go Bills - enjoy your racism free life

Edited by Melon

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

245 years of proof that has built up to the systemic racism we see today

Slavery

Jim Crow

Internment

KKK

"Crack Epidemic"

4Chan/8Chan/Parler

Rodney King

again, you are changing narratives.  desperately grasping at straws.  that was not what we were talking about.  i have debunked you at every point and you continue to just try and change narrative. 

we didnt invent slavery but we fought to end it. and end it we did.  we ended jim crow.  we've admitted interning the Japanese was wrong.  kkk is barely even a thing anymore. i think at last count something like 29 total groups in the country and membership is in the thousands maybe but i cant really find info on membership. crack epidemic lead to your guy Biden passing some ***** laws and I am sad he was allowed to continue to have power in this country but we have a lot of people actively fighting him thank goodness. i dont know much about 4chan and others so cant really make an educated comment on it.  rodney king, awful.

Again, read my previous post again about things continuing to get better.  I'll add.  The entire world was a racist place when America began as the great experiment.  The idea off all people being equal was the goal.  It is impossible to have happened overnight but I wish it could have.  You need to understand that the idea is to always work towards perfection but that it can't happen overnight.  Wish it could but that's not reality.  So your idea that we are a racist country is not factually correct. 

WHAT TIM SCOTT SAID: "America is not a racist country"

WHAT LIBS HEARD: "Racism doesn't exist in America"

They're not the same thing.

All you have to do is think about it for two seconds, which is clearly too much work.

Don't blame Tim Scott for being smarter than you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Melon said:

A systemic amount

Define systemic.  Once you do that we can proceed.  

3 hours ago, Melon said:

Impossible to prove but it's systemic

I see.  So you call something systemic when you have no way to prove it is other that it feels systemic.  You're not getting out that easily.  

18 minutes ago, B-Man said:

WHAT TIM SCOTT SAID: "America is not a racist country"

WHAT LIBS HEARD: "Racism doesn't exist in America"

They're not the same thing.

All you have to do is think about it for two seconds, which is clearly too much work.

Don't blame Tim Scott  a tree for being smarter than you.

FIFY 

10 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Outstanding summary

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1387807852279078913.html

To me these disparities are socioeconomic not racial.  Now once we can agree upon that we can have a discussion why POC more often find themselves in lower socioeconomic patterns that non-POC's.

And if you say's it because of racism I'm comin over and kickin ya straight in the nuts. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So what percentage of white people do you think would have acted in this manner?  I know you can't answer there and I'm not expecting you to. My point it to get you to think for a moment.  Hey....a guy can dream can't he. 

Just now, BillStime said:

Wait, is what happened in the video NOT a problem?  You qualified it...

Huh?  That's how one phrases a hypothesis.   You posted the video as an example of something.  I can only assume you posted as an example of a problem....not what you'd like to see more of....right?

4 hours ago, Melon said:

Now the lemmings love the media

Wrong.  But it's noteworthy when the AP and CNN are saying Joe lied.

2 hours ago, Melon said:

Yeah, but not because of racism.

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Huh?  That's how one phrases a hypothesis.   You posted the video as an example of something.  I can only assume you posted as an example of a problem....not what you'd like to see more of....right?

He has no answers.  

18 hours ago, BillStime said:

I mean, unless he was right to do so?  Has that been considered?

The INSURRECTION thing is such a bad take I won't even address it.  Worst since Civil War?  I guess 9/11, Pearl Harbor, JFK, etc etc just aren't on Dems' radar.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

The INSURRECTION thing is such a bad take I won't even address it.  Worst since Civil War?  I guess 9/11, Pearl Harbor, JFK, etc etc just aren't on Dems' radar.

You listening to the Five right now, too? 

Greg Gutfeld is proud... 

13 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

I don’t think it allowed to type insurrection without the word deadly in front of it. 

https://www.aier.org/article/a-grim-reaper-speaks/

JAMES BOVARD: A Grim Reaper Speaks:

President Biden’s first speech to Congress last night hit all the pandemic hot buttons. Even though most members of Congress are vaccinated, all of the 200 attendees in the Capitol were required to wear masks and “socially distance.” The Hill reports that the “imagery will underscore how the pandemic is still gripping the nation despite the availability of vaccines and hope for inching back toward a semblance of normalcy.”

But the speech looked as sparsely attended as a Biden campaign rally or perhaps a Saturday morning Kiwanis breakfast in Hogstooth, Arkansas. As Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) quipped, “If Biden is going to take credit for vaccines and defeating the virus, why is he speaking to a practically empty chamber with everyone except him wearing a mask?”

For the same reason Biden does anything nowadays: Somebody told him to.

59 minutes ago, Doc said:

The speech to Congress was watched by over 25M fewer people than Trump's last year.  I hear the Oscars are dying to have him host next time...

57 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Is it me or was it not promoted much? 

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

I couldn't tell you how much it was or wasn't.  But I knew enough about when it was to make sure I avoided watching it.

I'm thinking all those imaginary voters that cast ballots to springboard Joe from a marginal candidate to the Democratic nomination on Super Tuesday and to the Presidency in the General Election forgot to tune in to the speech from fantasy land the other night.  But that aside why did the President that got the most votes ever produce such lousy ratings?   

19 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I'm thinking all those imaginary voters that cast ballots to springboard Joe from a marginal candidate to the Democratic nomination on Super Tuesday and to the Presidency in the General Election forgot to tune in to the speech from fantasy land the other night.  But that aside why did the President that got the most votes ever produce such lousy ratings?   

At least, buyer's remorse. 

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

Though there is a good number of people who voted for him say he is very “Presidential” when he talks I imagine there is a large number that are embarrassed when he speaks. That was me with Trump.  I liked him, supported him, but couldn’t listen to him speak.  

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Doc said:

Just the opposite - people that voted for Biden have confidence in the old guy who beat Trump from his basement.  Biden doesn't have to win the news cycle every day unlike the absolute shitsshow of the last administration. People tuned into to see Trump and cringed as he made a mockery of the presidency, culminating in a coup attempt.

It's nice to wake up and not see our President pissing all over himself; our republic, and our allies.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

CNN blames the pandemic. 🤔 

Is that from the Babylon Bee?  Not that I can't see them being that stupid.

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Just the opposite - people that voted for Biden have confidence in the old guy who beat Trump from his basement.  Biden doesn't have to win the news cycle every day unlike the absolute shitsshow of the last administration. People tuned into to see Trump and cringed as he made a mockery of the presidency, culminating in a coup attempt.

It's nice to wake up and not see our President pissing all over himself; our republic, and our allies.

:lol:

They really love people like you. 

• Haha (+1) 1