Biden Speaks

B-Man

Just now, The Governor said:

You’re a partisan hack. Go back to bed. LMAO.

I’m actually just a working stiff going to the gym and the office today. You didn’t answer my question. What legislation has Joe signed? And which pieces of legislation did Chucky and Nancy fight Obama on? 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m actually just a working stiff going to the gym and the office today. You didn’t answer my question. What legislation has Joe signed? And which pieces of legislation did Chucky and Nancy fight Obama on? 

The stimulus package that’s basically a huge grab-bag of past Dem proposals that never would’ve passed under the Obama administration.

Expansion of Biden-care.

infrastructure/jobs is about to sail through.

Child tax credit, which is basically universal basic income.

Voting right’s and student loan relief right before the mid-terms.

He’s going to be done with domestic policy before the mid-terms even happen.

Edited by The Governor

3 minutes ago, The Governor said:

The stimulus package that’s basically a huge grab-bag of past Dem proposals that never would’ve passed under the Obama administration.

Expansion of Biden-care.

infrastructure/jobs is about to sail through.

Child tax credit, which is basically universal basic income.

Voting right’s and student loan relief right before the mid-terms.

He’s going to be done with domestic policy before the mid-terms even happen.

Those are mostly proposals. They’ve not actually cleared through the legislative process to make it to his desk. Obama put all his political energy into Obamacare. His party didn’t fight him on it. They passed it. And to get there he and his party passed the infamous stimulus bill in two seconds flat. I’m still not sure where you were going with the theory that Obama saw or fought resistance? Were you implying it was because of his race? 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Those are mostly proposals. They’ve not actually cleared through the legislative process to make it to his desk. Obama put all his political energy into Obamacare. His party didn’t fight him on it. They passed it. And to get there he and his party passed the infamous stimulus bill in two seconds flat. I’m still not sure where you were going with the theory that Obama saw or fought resistance? Were you implying it was because of his race? 

They fought him everything. His own party, Lieberman, Baucus, and the “blue dog” Dems killed the public option in Obamacare. R’s refused to appoint judges, stole a SC seat from him. They killed jobs training/intern program he wanted during the recovery. The list goes on and on. He wore a tan suit. 

They fought him on every single thing.

Edited by The Governor

Just now, The Governor said:

They fought him everything. His own party, Lieberman, Baucus, and the “blue dog” Dems killed the public option in Obamacare. R’s refused to appoint judges, stole a SC seat from him. They killed jobs training/intern program he wanted during the recovery.

They fought him on every single thing.

Interesting. Well once again I’m assuming the Republicans will fight Joe on everything just like the Democrats fought Trump. That’s unfortunately what our system has come down to. Almost no compromise anymore inside the octagon cage match we’ve created for ourselves. 

19 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Interesting. Well once again I’m assuming the Republicans will fight Joe on everything just like the Democrats fought Trump. That’s unfortunately what our system has come down to. Almost no compromise anymore inside the octagon cage match we’ve created for ourselves. 

The Obama administration is when Republicans learned that obstruction actually works in the end because voters don’t blame Congress, they blame the president.

It’s not working now but I doubt they’ll change that strategy anytime soon.

Whats interesting is the Child tax credit and PUA(Federal Pandemic unemployment.) 

That $600 number didn’t just appear out of nowhere. That’s $15 times 40 hours a week. That’s what Dems have been pushing. That program isn’t going to disappear after the pandemic. It can just be activated and expanded and there’s your framework for universal basic income if and when that’s needed.

Same thing with tax credit. Just expand it. 2 huge wins for Democrats.

Also, anyone on unemployment can now get Biden-care for free. Good luck taking that away from 20 million people.

Edited by The Governor

9 hours ago, daz28 said:

Is senile your professional opinion?  I know everyone pokes jokes, but in the alternate facts world, those jokes become reality.  The guy who just spoke is CLEARLY not senile.  

When the uninformed try to sound like geniuses, they come off sounding as idiots.  I get what your saying, though.  He was crazy like a fox, but his ego took over.  

This times a million except his ego drives his whole existence. His repulsive genius is creating PR out of thin air and getting attention. It’s still a marvel to me he won on a conservative platform. He’s an elite used car salesman and con artist. Not claiming him to be brilliant but the ability to manipulate people as one person and I mean large groups of people is remarkable. 

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Uncle Tim is being thrown around. But the left isn’t racist.  

Here we go... conservatives whining about people calling Tim Scott ‘Uncle Tim’ for saying “America is not a racist country.” 

They’re calling it racist - in America - the ‘not racist country.’

Tim Scott is double talking. Scott said he was stopped by police around 10 times in one year, and that he is followed around in stores, yet there is no systemic racism.

Edited by BillStime

9 hours ago, Warcodered said:

tenor.gif

I get it you probably don’t like him because he doesn’t fit the narrative 

10 minutes ago, Melon said:

Hear me clearly: America is not a racist country

Good point. The racist are just hiding where you wouldn’t expect them. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Here we go... conservatives whining about people calling Tim Scott ‘Uncle Tim’ for saying “America is not a racist country.” 

They’re calling it racist - in America - the ‘not racist country.’

Tim Scott is double talking. Scott said he was stopped by police around 10 times in one year, and that he is followed around in stores, yet there is no systemic racism.

I’m curious how the woke media will attack him without seeming hypocritical. I know nothing about his politics, but he seemed to deliver a speech well. 

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Racism does exist.  But we aren't a racist country. There is a difference.  

What is the tipping point that turns a country racist? Or is your argument that a country cannot by itself be racist?

I'd be interesting in hearing what the difference is.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For those that actually watched this was genuinely a great part of the whole thing. I personally clapped too. About time. 

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

He did say this though:

What was the deal with the masks?  Were they planning to go out and rob a bank after the speech?  A room full of completely vaccinated people that can't get sick.  All for show I guess and more patronizing virtue signalling.   

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

What is the tipping point that turns a country racist? Or is your argument that a country cannot by itself be racist?

I think that question is best asked of those that accuse us of being a racist country. 

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What was the deal with the masks?  Were they planning to go out and rob a bank after the speech?  A room full of completely vaccinated people that can't get sick.  All for show I guess and more patronizing virtue signalling.   

Just to trigger people like you 🤗

Just now, Melon said:

Has America been a racist country? Yes.   But the world was racist.  America was built with the idea to end it.  We went from slavery to having only under 10k hate crimes last year.  

3 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Has America been a racist country? Yes.   But the world was racist.  America was built with the idea to end it.  We went from slavery to having only under 10k hate crimes last year.  

So we became not racist last year? Confused at what the "difference" you're referring to is.

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I'll add. It is difficult when you have Biden passing the Crime and Drug Bills in the late 80's and early 90's which had such a terrible effect on minority communities by putting them in prison at an overwhelmingly higher rate than white people.  We still feel the effects of his awful policy to this day.  But it's ok we elected the guy who created all the problems to now solve all the problems I guess. 

Just now, Melon said:

So we became not racist last year? Confused at what the "difference" you're referring to is.

You're not much of a thinker are you?  Over the history of our country we've gone from slavery to having so few hate crimes.  Again, racism exists but it's rare.

Just now, Melon said:

Agree to disagree

Go Bills

You're an #######, aren't you?

You can disagree but the FBI monitors the hate crimes in this country.  It is ok that it is rare.  The problem is that the media and the democratic party need it to exist to divide people in this country. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I'll add. It is difficult when you have Biden passing the Crime and Drug Bills in the late 80's and early 90's which had such a terrible effect on minority communities by putting them in prison at an overwhelmingly higher rate than white people.  We still feel the effects of his awful policy to this day. 

Pretty good argument for this being a racist country

Just now, aristocrat said:

sure, but that doesn't mean we're racist as a country. If you're actively making efforts to make everyone have equal opportunities you're not racist. 

You don't think one can publicly support a policy but in private be a racist?

I'd disagree with that.

2 minutes ago, Melon said:

You don't think one can publicly support a policy but in private be a racist?

I'd disagree with that.

So publily they're supporting policy that helps minorites but at home they're racist.  So in the end minorities are treated equally but some ass is sitting at home pouting about it but doesn't actually hurt minorities?  That's quite an argument.  Not exactly sure what to do with that.  It's like a fantasy land for someone who is desperate for racism to exist.   That's part of the problem.  People seem to want it to exist more than it actually exists. 

4 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

So publily they're supporting policy that helps minorites but at home they're racist.  So in the end minorities are treated equally but some ass is sitting at home pouting about it but doesn't actually hurt minorities?

This is an oversimplification. Every racist is not sitting at home pouting about it. Racists have been actively involved in anti-American and anti-black groups such as the KKK, Proud Boys, etc. They signed bills supporting equal rights, then put on their hoods and lynched at night.

How can minorities (please spell it correctly if you're going to present an argument about them) be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

Edited by Melon

1 minute ago, Melon said:

This is an oversimplification. Every racist is not sitting at home pouting about it. Racists have been actively involved in anti-American and anti-black groups such as the KKK, Proud Boys, etc. They signed bills supporting equal rights, then put on their hoods and lynched at night.

How can minorities (please spell it correctly if you're going to present an argument about them) be treated equally if some of those in power have implicit bias against them? 

JFC I misspelled it once and correctly the other time...it happens.  Racists exist.  But they have no power and are in the extreme minority.  The facts are that hate crimes against have steadily gone down for decades.  There were a few years where the spiked but they went back down again last year.  If we were such a racist country those numbers would be rising. 

Just now, aristocrat said:

If we were such a racist country those numbers would be rising. 

They are according to the FBI

16100.jpeg

Can you provide the numbers from 2020? I can't find them on the FBI website, but you claim they went down last year.