Name a Right Wing Position

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

This is hilarious on several levels.

First level: boomers who wrote protest songs and don't own their own songs "threatening" to pull their music from a streaming service for said service hosting speech.

Second level: Skynyrd was correct on the Neil Young Question.

Third level: said boomers haven't produced a relevant song in fifty years.

Fourth level: Joni Mitchell famously self-diagnosed Morgellons, an "illness" that doesn't actually exist. If Joni "trusted the science" she would have submitted herself to psychiatric care for her delusions.

Fifth level: this is a prime opportunity for a superstar artist who gets basically no money from hundreds of millions of streams of their songs to pull their music without getting backlash over being "greedy," AND a prime opportunity for the companies who actually own boomer song catalogs to wrangle some more money out of Spotify. 

Sixth level: the people with the strongest feelings on the subject have never consumed an episode of JRE and this is obvious.

Seventh level: the best thing for Joe Rogan would be for Spotify to breach contract. He'd pocket nearly all of his $100M and his audience would follow him to another company, perhaps a new one with Joe as its owner/founder.

Not bad thoughts, ..disagree on level 2, on level 3 good music and meaningful music lives on. He did well for being uncoordinated due to polio, so Vax is important to him.

4...could be right.

5. Not sure this has any bearing on the subject. Dt least he has the balls to speak up. 

6, likely true, but I would never waste my time listening to him, Hannity, Carleson, or any of the ton of left wing nuts. I hate preachers with a message that is clouded in their personal vitriol. I think, not follow.

7. That likely would be true and cause further divisions in the public but is all about the $$$.

He may becoming an Old Man, but he has a Heart of Gold who moved to Cali After the Gold Rush just to Rock in The Free World.😁

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/29/2022 at 2:52 PM, Niagara Bill said:

I am disgusted by trump, totally untrustworthy, 

I think Biden is gutless and has no idea what he is doing. He is like a pinball bouncing where AOC and Nancy tell him to.

But one thing I know for sure...

I SUPPORT NEIL YOUNG, he has a Heart of Gold, a true Southern Man,  and under a Harvester Moon, I also support JONI MITCHELL... Yellow taxi or Uber 

F rogan, f spotify and their money.

GO Bills.....

So you fear those with opinions that differ from yours?  I suggest you cancel all your streaming services, all your media, never visit here again and lock yourself in your house.  It's a big scary world out there (Covid notwithstanding) and dammit for all those people that make money by expressing their OPINIONS.  

Good lord............

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you fear those with opinions that differ from yours?  I suggest you cancel all your streaming services, all your media, never visit here again and lock yourself in your house.  It's a big scary world out there (Covid notwithstanding) and dammit for all those people that make money by expressing their OPINIONS.  

Good lord............

Fear?...Chef, not sure where that comes from. As I said, I do not like vitriol either left or right. Rogan can say what he wants but it needs to be based on fact. I have the freedom to not listen, or to suggest others not listen if he has the right to manipulate the truth.

Opinions I like, agree or not, Lies and preaching I dislike. 

I am Catholic, but refuse to listen to the Pope who is a hypocrite. His preaching is insignificant as a result. 

52 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Not bad thoughts, ..disagree on level 2, on level 3 good music and meaningful music lives on. He did well for being uncoordinated due to polio, so Vax is important to him.

4...could be right.

5. Not sure this has any bearing on the subject. Dt least he has the balls to speak up. 

6, likely true, but I would never waste my time listening to him, Hannity, Carleson, or any of the ton of left wing nuts. I hate preachers with a message that is clouded in their personal vitriol. I think, not follow.

7. That likely would be true and cause further divisions in the public but is all about the $$$.

He may becoming an Old Man, but he has a Heart of Gold who moved to Cali After the Gold Rush just to Rock in The Free World.😁

Polio vaccine and COVID "vaccine" have nearly nothing in common.

I pointed out 5 because it's tangentially related and I'm surprised nobody is publicly taking advantage, not so much because it has bearing on this particular subject.

6: well, case in point. 

21 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Fear?...Chef, not sure where that comes from. As I said, I do not like vitriol either left or right. Rogan can say what he wants but it needs to be based on fact. I have the freedom to not listen, or to suggest others not listen if he has the right to manipulate the truth.

I am Catholic, but refuse to listen to the Pope who is a hypocrite. His preaching is insignificant as a result. 

Niagara? In what way are you a Catholic if you refuse to listen to the Pope? Don’t look now but I believe you’re an Episcopalian. 

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Niagara? In what way are you a Catholic if you refuse to listen to the Pope? Don’t look now but I believe you’re an Episcopalian. 

PPP needs a good sedevacantist to poast pre-V2 takes.

39 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

You are afraid of others opinions.  Why else would you support people like Neil Young who demands that Spotify censor Rogan? 

So something not based in FACT to you is a LIE and not an OPINION?  

People lie all the time.  You really need to live in bubble Bill.  As I've said it's a big scary world out there.  Stay inside where it's warm and safe. 

7 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

You are afraid of others opinions.  Why else would you support people like Neil Young who demands that Spotify censor Rogan? 

So something not based in FACT to you is a LIE and not an OPINION?  

People lie all the time.  You really need to live in bubble Bill.  As I've said it's a big scary world out there.  Stay inside where it's warm and safe. 

Because Rigan us spreading untruths, as he agreed to day to stop and be more selective of his guests. Looks like Neil was right

7 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Maybe you could be right. Never considered change. I figure ignore him like he ignores the truth of many priests and historic wrongs and continue my believes. I do not need him to allow me to celebrate.  

7 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

https://societyofrock.com/39-years-ago-neil-young-responds-to-skynyrds-tragedy-with-moving-tribute-to-ronnie-van-zant/

Neil Young: “I think “Sweet Home Alabama” is a great song. I’ve actually performed it live a couple of times myself. My own song “Alabama” richly deserved the shot Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me with their great record. I don’t like my words when I listen to it today.”

I was a big fan of Neil Young when I first started listening to music.   When we were kids, our two older cousins would come and spend summers with us and brought NY records with them.  I always related his albums to those visits and my cousins, and when one passed away suddenly several years ago I found some comfort in revisiting Harvest and other work.

Anyway, seems like upon reflection, Old Neil wasn’t a big fan of his all of his own words and music, though legions of fans likely connected directly through his work.  

This recent dust up, honestly, who really cares?  He calls for a boycott, he’s got a call hundo-mill in the bank, and it seems highly unlikely mainstream artists will follow, or that Spotify will lose anything beyond some songs sung by a guy representing the Lipitor generation.   

That said, a NY station popped up out of nowhere on Sirius, I flipped it on, “HEY HEY, MY MY” was on, and I turned back time for a bit blasting the radio. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, LeviF said:

Polio vaccine and COVID "vaccine" have nearly nothing in common.

I pointed out 5 because it's tangentially related and I'm surprised nobody is publicly taking advantage, not so much because it has bearing on this particular subject.

6: well, case in point. 

Rogan has relented. Neil made his point.

Vaccine is a vaccine. They save lives. Choose to take it or not, but do not spit crap and lies. Debate is healthy, vitriol is not.

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

https://societyofrock.com/39-years-ago-neil-young-responds-to-skynyrds-tragedy-with-moving-tribute-to-ronnie-van-zant/

Neil Young: “I think “Sweet Home Alabama” is a great song. I’ve actually performed it live a couple of times myself. My own song “Alabama” richly deserved the shot Lynyrd Skynyrd gave me with their great record. I don’t like my words when I listen to it today.”

I was a big fan of Neil Young when I first started listening to music.   When we were kids, our two older cousins would come and spend summers with us and brought NY records with them.  I always related his albums to those visits and my cousins, and when one passed away suddenly several years ago I found some comfort in revisiting Harvest and other work.

Anyway, seems like upon reflection, Old Neil wasn’t a big fan of his all of his own words and music, though legions of fans likely connected directly through his work.  

This recent dust up, honestly, who really cares?  He calls for a boycott, he’s got a call hundo-mill in the bank, and it seems highly unlikely mainstream artists will follow, or that Spotify will lose anything beyond some songs sung by a guy representing the Lipitor generation.   

That said, a NY station popped up out of nowhere on Sirius, I flipped it on, “HEY HEY, MY MY” was on, and I turned back time for a bit blasting the radio. 

Neil always walked his own path, his father was a prominent sports writer and celeb, they didn't see eye to eye, Stills and Young tolerated each other for short periods, Neil  had no voice but could sing. 

I loved CSNY, today there is not one song writer, or group that I am aware if who could capture the protests of the majority, without hate, without the violent threats of rap. They invited thought, protest not insurrection. Like Marvin Gaye, "What's going on".

SKYNYRD, we're great, less popular in my area of the world, we didn't get much southern rock. 

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Rogan has relented. Neil made his point.

Vaccine is a vaccine. They save lives. Choose to take it or not, but do not spit crap and lies. Debate is healthy, vitriol is not.

Relented how?

53 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Because Rigan us spreading untruths, as he agreed to day to stop and be more selective of his guests. Looks like Neil was right

Give us a couple of these so called untruths.  

Rogan has agreed to stop what?

What was Neil right about?  

29 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Relented how?

Sounds like Bill is spreading some untruths himself. 😏

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

It’s fairly clear that not only has Bill never heard a clip of JRE, to include the offending podcast episodes, but also hasn’t heard any of what Joe said in response. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

im not a Rogan fan but i listened to his interview of DR Robert Malone to see what all the controversy was.  it didnt seem controversial to me at all, i actually said at the end "dont we already know all that?"

12 minutes ago, LeviF said:

It’s fairly clear that not only has Bill never heard a clip of JRE, to include the offending podcast episodes, but also hasn’t heard any of what Joe said in response. 

Critical thinking is becoming extinct.  Reading headlines and Twit For Brains is all people “have time for” these days I guess. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Me thinks too much hot paprika in your sauce Chef

9 hours ago, aristocrat said:

http://www.tunesdujour.com/neil-youngs-homophobia-aids-phobia/

Neil is apparently a homophobic piece of ***** 

Typical of a trumper. 

Attack rather than debate. 

46 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

Me thinks too much hot paprika in your sauce Chef

Typical of a trumper. 

Attack rather than debate. 

Typical leftie if you are one you can be as racist and homophobic as you want.  Neil is the homophobic ####### in this situation. Don’t ignore that 

• Agree 1