Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

I had to go to a training about mental wellness yesterday and it amazes me how people would brag about their mental issues. Several people, including the presenter, proudly stated that they took "mental health days" several times a quarter and that if it left their coworkers in a lurch, then so be it. I feel bad I missed a day for this training which was mandatory and I told them 3 weeks ago. I don't think people should be shamed for working on mental health but celebrating it is absurd.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Roundybout said:

What’s wrong with this? Better than self-medicating.

1 in 5 women? That's a lot. There is a difference between a legitimate mental health issue and everyday life obstacles. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

I had to go to a training about mental wellness yesterday and it amazes me how people would brag about their mental issues. Several people, including the presenter, proudly stated that they took "mental health days" several times a quarter and that if it left their coworkers in a lurch, then so be it. I feel bad I missed a day for this training which was mandatory and I told them 3 weeks ago. I don't think people should be shamed for working on mental health but celebrating it is absurd.

I can agree with this. I feel that a lot of people try their problems, legitimate or otherwise, their personality. 

The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate. ~Noam Chomsky 

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sadly, I totally agree with you.  ain't gonna happen but it should.

It probably would have sometime in the last two years when dems had TOTAL CONTROL OF WASHINGTON if it weren’t for those damn republicans. 

• Like (+1) 1

ROBERT SPENCER: It’s Time for Mitch McConnell to Retire. 

“Mitch McConnell is exactly nine months older than Old Joe Biden.

He has been a member of the United States Senate since the waning days of Ronald Reagan’s first term, when Madonna’s ‘Like A Virgin’ was at the top of the pop charts.”

https://pjmedia.com/culture/robert-spencer/2023/03/09/its-time-for-mitch-mcconnell-to-retire-n1676824

• Like (+1) 1