TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Complete

Virgil

53 minutes ago, Draconator said:

With the 42nd pick in the NFL Draft, The New York Football Giants select

Travis Etienne - Running Back - Clemson.

The 49ers and @Nester are on the clock.

There are other, greater needs for the Giants, but a player of Etienne's caliber is too good to pass up. Etienne will either be the featured back if Barkely goes down with injury, can spell Barkely during a game giving the Giants an amazing 1-2 punch, or have Barkely and Etienne in the backfield at the same time. Anyway he is used, it takes that much more pressure off of Daniel Jones, allowing him to flourish.

Like the player, but Giants fans heads will explode if this ever happens. 

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The 49ers (Nester) are on the clock
1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

See I still think the difference between Jonah Williams and Penei Sewell is bigger than the difference between Ja'Marr Chase and Tee Higgins (who had over 900 yards and 6 touchdowns as a rookie and in his games with Joe Burrow was on pace for 1,200 yards). The weakness of their team is the offensive line, the best player on the board is an offensive lineman, and the biggest upgrade on their existing starter is at offensive line. To me if Sewell is there and the Bengals pass then any other pick is the wrong pick. Now if Sewell is gone (let's say Atlanta take him at #4 or someone trades up into that spot to take him) then I would take Chase (or Kyle Pitts) rather than Rashawn Slater and wait for a tackle until round 2 - and it likely would be Eichenburg, who I do like more than the consensus and have as my OT5. 

And I understand your thinking on this. But at the same time I think the drop off from the first tier of WR's in this draft, which is still a position of need for the Bengals, is greater than the drop off in OL talent. In my opinion you have the #1 in Chase, 2a in Waddle, 2b in Smith, 3 in Terrace Marshall, and then the rest. It's HIGHLY likely that none of those guys will be on the board come #38, but there will be some high quality OL prospects all the way through the 3rd Round. The Bengals WR group is Higgins, Boyd, and Auden Tate. Higgins is a promising, young WR, yes. Boyd is solid. The rest though? :sick: The addition of Chase does wonders not only for Burrow, but for Higgins and Boyd where now all three guys can be interchanged in various sets depending on the route concepts. I just think the value of a true #1 in this draft, whom already noted has great chemistry with our young Franchise QB, is worth the selection when we can adequately address the OL in Rounds 2 & 3 with some REALLY good starting quality players to add to Reiff and Williams on that front. :thumbsup:

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

With the 42nd pick in the NFL Draft, The New York Football Giants select

Travis Etienne - Running Back - Clemson.

The 49ers and @Nester are on the clock.

There are other, greater needs for the Giants, but a player of Etienne's caliber is too good to pass up. Etienne will either be the featured back if Barkely goes down with injury, can spell Barkely during a game giving the Giants an amazing 1-2 punch, or have Barkely and Etienne in the backfield at the same time. Anyway he is used, it takes that much more pressure off of Daniel Jones, allowing him to flourish.

I don’t follow the Giants enough to know how I feel about this.  I’d think there’s enough talent on the board to fill a position or need, but they were dreadful in the run when Barkley went down.  

I can see the benefits here, just don’t know if such a high pick on someone who might only see 30% of the offensive snaps is worth it 

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I don’t follow the Giants enough to know how I feel about this.  I’d think there’s enough talent on the board to fill a position or need, but they were dreadful in the run when Barkley went down.  

I can see the benefits here, just don’t know if such a high pick on someone who might only see 30% of the offensive snaps is worth it 

My thinking is Barkley will not see a 16 game season if he is the 100% featured back. Taking Etienne here takes some of the workload off of Barkley. I'm thinking a 50/50 split if Barkley is healthy, and if Barkley goes down, there isn't much of a drop off.

Not to mention, having either Barkley or Etienne in your backfield, that allows Jones to play action,he has Golladay and Waddle to throw to, not to mention Rudolph as another option. Etienne out of the backfield is even another option. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

My thinking is Barkley will not see a 16 game season if he is the 100% featured back. Taking Etienne here takes some of the workload off of Barkley. I'm thinking a 50/50 split if Barkley is healthy, and if Barkley goes down, there isn't much of a drop off.

Not to mention, having either Barkley or Etienne in your backfield, that allows Jones to play action,he has Golladay and Waddle to throw to, not to mention Rudolph as another option. Etienne out of the backfield is even another option. 

There is a strong argument for the Giants going "best offensive weapon available."

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

There is a strong argument for the Giants going "best offensive weapon available."

The rest of the NFC East in this here draft is building up on Defense. The Giants could have tried to keep up. Instead, they are like, "try and stop us". 

With the 43th pick in the TSW Mock Draft, the San Francisco 49ers select

Tyson Campbell CB Georgia.  

The Dallas Cowboys @GunnerBill are on the clock.

The 49ers need help in the secondary now as free agents walk,. Tysons Speed as State Champ in 100 and 200 yard dash could make him a valuable asset 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cowboys (GunnerBill) are on the clock

With the 44th pick the Dallas Cowboys select:

Alex Leatherwood, Offensive Line, Alabama

How 'bout them Cowboys?!?!

Here is a little accepted fact about the last two years of Cowboys football - their once much vaunted oline was below average in 2019 and a liability in 2020. Now a lot of that was injury related but Tyron Smith as great as he has been is not getting any younger. Equally Conor Williams is a free agent after this season and while he arguably had his best year in 2020 he hasn't exactly nailed down the left guard spot. My personal belief is that Leatherwood's best fit in the NFL is inside but I absolutely think he can be serviceable at tackle and he was the best player available by my board.

The Jacksonville Jaguars, Urban Meyer and @Buffalo716 are on the clock.

Edited by GunnerBill

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 44th pick the Dallas Cowboys select:

Alex Leatherwood, Offensive Line, Alabama

How 'bout them Cowboys?!?!

Here is a little accepted fact about the last two years of Cowboys football - their once much vaunted oline was below average in 2019 and a liability in 2020. Now a lot of that was injury related but Tyron Smith as great as he has been is not getting any younger. Equally Conor Williams is a free agent after this season and while he arguably had his best year in 2020 he hasn't exactly nailed down the left guard spot. My personal belief is that Leatherwood's best fit in the NFL is inside but I absolutely think he can be serviceable at tackle and he was the best player available by my board.

Love the bolded...hate the line below it.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

He is if you are the Raiders:cry:

Come on, Sherlock. You know darn well that this is a TBD mock, not a Raiders mock (although they are always fun to 'mock'). Have you been huffing Werner's bloomers again? 

Edited by ExWNYer
  • Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, ExWNYer said:

Come on, Sherlock. You know darn well that this is a TBD mock, not a Raiders mock (although they are always fun to 'mock'). Have you been huffing Werner's bloomers again? 

Maybe, also Tuf Borlands locker is right next door so I thought I'd scout his as well:wub: 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Jaguars (Buffalo716) are on the clock