Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

Wow! Biden’s Stiff Gait as He Shuffles Along Desolate Stretch of Texas Border Shocks the Public (Video)

by Christina Laila 

Joe Biden arrived in Brownsville, Texas on Thursday for a drive-by photo-op border visit.

Brownsville is a desolate stretch with virtually no illegal alien invasion compared to other hot spots such as El Paso and Eagle Pass. Trump supporters protested Biden’s arrival.

Biden took 94 executive actions in his first 100 days in office to weaken border security.

Since then, millions of military-age men from Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and China have invaded the US.

.https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/wow-bidens-stiff-gait-as-he-shuffles-along/

Just now, B-Man said:

Wow! Biden’s Stiff Gait as He Shuffles Along Desolate Stretch of Texas Border Shocks the Public (Video)

by Christina Laila 

Joe Biden arrived in Brownsville, Texas on Thursday for a drive-by photo-op border visit.

Brownsville is a desolate stretch with virtually no illegal alien invasion compared to other hot spots such as El Paso and Eagle Pass. Trump supporters protested Biden’s arrival.

Biden took 94 executive actions in his first 100 days in office to weaken border security.

Since then, millions of military-age men from Africa, the Middle East, Latin America and China have invaded the US.

.https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/02/wow-bidens-stiff-gait-as-he-shuffles-along/

Some consider him spry (for his age). 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️🤦

• Haha (+1) 3

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

by Christina Laila 

Remember when Trump walked slowly down a slippery metal ramp back in 2020 and the left went crazy?  Good times.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

I don't know that I'd call it a "national security" vulnerability, but it is a security vulnerability in general. TSA puts a huge emphasis on "knowing who the passenger is," which means that there is a biometric record establishing that you are who you say you are and not someone on the various no-travel lists.

I've seen this at the airport - recent arrivals trying to figure out what they're supposed to show at TSA. And the answer is ... basically the CBP One app registration, which has no meaningful biometric info. This may be someone who traveled without a passport or who had a passport stolen, or who claims that he had a passport stolen. 

Compare that to the hoops we have to go through to travel - I'm still waiting for my Global Entry appointment after doing the preregistration about 9 months ago ...

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Chigoose must be horrified at this democrat-sponsored “human trafficking”. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Look at those poor "refugee children"

50a988ad-3090-4def-bf38-ef8739c850a3-105

Illegal Alien from Lebanon Caught at Border Admits He is Hezbollah, Hoped to Make a Bomb.

An illegal alien from Lebanon was apprehended illegally crossing the southern border near El Paso, Texas by Border Patrol agents on March 9. 

Basel Bassel Ebbadi, 22, was asked what he was doing in the United States. He said he was going to New York and hoped to make a bomb. "I'm going to make a bomb." He admitted he is a member of Hezbollah. 

During a sworn interview, Ebbadi said he trained with Hezbollah for seven years. He said he was an active member guarding weapons locations for another four years. 

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/2024/03/18/illegal-alien-from-lebanon-caught-at-border-admits-he-is-hezbollah-hoped-to-make-a-bomb-n3784874

Thanks, Joe Biden.

16 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

This is a huge operation...

Then why are red states shipping immigrants to blue states depriving them of that advantage, Elon?  Uh durrrr

37 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Then why are red states shipping immigrants to blue states depriving them of that advantage, Elon?  Uh durrrr

Because they don't want them or the extra electoral votes?

• Dislike 1

Of course not,

What do you expect, the News ??

ABC/CBS/NBC Bury NY Post Bombshell on
Suspected Terrorist Caught at the Border

by Curtis Houck

Published Sunday online and on the front page of Monday’s print edition, our friend Jennie Taer at the New York Post dropped a bombshell that an illegal immigrant recently detained at the border told Customs and Border Protection officials only is he a member of the Lebanon-based, Iranian-linked Islamic terrorist group Hezbollah, but he wanted to travel New York to carry out a terror attack with a bomb. Not surprisingly, none of this was mentioned on Sunday night or Monday morning by the major broadcast networks of ABC, CBS, and NBC on their flagship morning or evening news shows.

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/curtis-houck/2024/03/18/abc-cbs-bury-ny-post-bombshell-suspected-terrorist-caught-border

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

This could go in a dozen threads. 

Dems created and promote this  

I hope you're sitting down, Tommy Boy ...

... this is outrageous.

If the article is to be believed (and yes, it's based on apparently good journalistic work in a credible source), the outrage is not that the killer hasn't been charged. The article says the only person able to ID him won't cooperate, so the investigation continues. Sometimes that happens and you've got to rely on other evidence (ballistics reports, camera footage, whatever). You can't get to the grand jury right away. So let's hope that's the case.

Here's what is outrageous: after being caught illegally in possession of a firearm, he needed to be detained by ICE. Probably Cook County - a sanctuary jurisdiction - has a policy against cooperating with ICE. That policy probably exempts dangerous or violent crimes, but I bet the policy says "alien in illegal possession of a firearm" doesn't count. Say what you will about sanctuary policies in general (I think they're stupid), at a minimum a gun offense should be an exemption. Isn't it liberal governments that want to control guns? It starts with punishing the gun offenses that are already on the books. So ... outrageous.

And he really shouldn't be released from custody - ICE or criminal - until we've had a full evidentiary hearing on who he is, what his affiliations (gang or otherwise) are, etc.,, etc.

This is the way it used to work, all the way up through Obama's first term, when all of a sudden the immigration world went nutso as soon as Obama was dubbed "deporter in Chief."

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The article says the only person able to ID him won't cooperate

Would you when the officials have a record of releasing them to take care of witnesses? 

you see that in a lot of places where the criminal element is the power, not the police.

31 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Probably Cook County - a sanctuary jurisdiction - has a policy against cooperating with ICE.

Agree with you on this. that is moronic and should be illegal.  it leads to more victims.

30 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

In the absence of leadership,  a vacuum is formed. ...

Biden sucks alright.  Thankfully we have governors like Abbott and DeSantis.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

In the absence of leadership,  a vacuum is formed. ...

Seems like a good thing on the surface, but...

Do you remember Cheech N Chong, when they wanted to go back home and visit, they'd set up a raid on themselves to get a free ride back home w/a sandwich, and then just come right back in?  

Now there is a provision to jail them for 6 months, and a felony if recaptured.  Again, sounds great, right.  Well, if the conditions you're fleeing are worse than detention, then 3 hots and a cot, while not as good as freedom in the states, is still better than what they had.

Third, Texas is going to find out REAL fast, that they don't have the facilities and manpower to keep up.  It's going to cost a TON, and take time to get the infrastructure ready.  Texas has a surplus, but it will go fast.  Now suppose Biden goes full Trump, and starts denying Texas federal funds, because he wants to be a sore loser.  This is hardly a long-term solution, and in fact makes it a perpetual problem.  Texans will grow tired of endlessly spending their taxes to detain immigrants.  

Lastly, this throws yet another wrench into the already complex immigration problem, and infighting just adds another problem to the long list.

The REAL solution is comprehensive immigration reform in Congress.  Congressional Democrats may even look at this as, "why should we spend money, when we can just let Texas foot the bill".  I know a lot of you are conditioned to hate the last bi-partisan proposal, but any new bill is going to have to have self-triggering measures, so the Biden situation can't happen again with enforcement.  Right now Trump wanting to play the hero for politics, and Biden being a dummy, along with republicans playing fake lawfare trying to get votes, instead of doing their job are the biggest hurdles.  Call your reps and tell them you want immigration reform, NOW! 

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Seems like a good thing on the surface, but...

Do you remember Cheech N Chong, when they wanted to go back home and visit, they'd set up a raid on themselves to get a free ride back home w/a sandwich, and then just come right back in?  

Now there is a provision to jail them for 6 months, and a felony if recaptured.  Again, sounds great, right.  Well, if the conditions you're fleeing are worse than detention, then 3 hots and a cot, while not as good as freedom in the states, is still better than what they had.

Third, Texas is going to find out REAL fast, that they don't have the facilities and manpower to keep up.  It's going to cost a TON, and take time to get the infrastructure ready.  Texas has a surplus, but it will go fast.  Now suppose Biden goes full Trump, and starts denying Texas federal funds, because he wants to be a sore loser.  This is hardly a long-term solution, and in fact makes it a perpetual problem.  Texans will grow tired of endlessly spending their taxes to detain immigrants.  

Lastly, this throws yet another wrench into the already complex immigration problem, and infighting just adds another problem to the long list.

The REAL solution is comprehensive immigration reform in Congress.  Congressional Democrats may even look at this as, "why should we spend money, when we can just let Texas foot the bill".  I know a lot of you are conditioned to hate the last bi-partisan proposal, but any new bill is going to have to have self-triggering measures, so the Biden situation can't happen again with enforcement.  Right now Trump wanting to play the hero for politics, and Biden being a dummy, along with republicans playing fake lawfare trying to get votes, instead of doing their job are the biggest hurdles.  Call your reps and tell them you want immigration reform, NOW! 

You don't think Texas thought this out beforehand?  And millions of their tax dollars were already being used.  That's why they started shipping them out-of-state, with great sucess in both relieving the burden on themselves and bringing attention to the crisis, when most passed-it-off initially as a "stunt."

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

You don't think Texas thought this out beforehand?  And millions of their tax dollars were already being used.  That's why they started shipping them out-of-state, with great sucess in both relieving the burden on themselves and bringing attention to the crisis, when most passed-it-off initially as a "stunt."

Not sure what you're trying to say here.  This ruling allows them to follow their new law, which allows them to jail or deport.  if the plan is to just continue to ship them out, and not even use the new law, then it would in fact confirm that it certainly was just a political stunt.  

3 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Not sure what you're trying to say here.  This ruling allows them to follow their new law, which allows them to jail or deport.  if the plan is to just continue to ship them out, and not even use the new law, then it would in fact confirm that it certainly was just a political stunt.  

No, I'm saying they shipped them out because they were shouldering the burden of having illegals all on their own.  Now they can jail and deport them, which should lead many to think twice about crossing there.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Now they can jail and deport them, which should lead many to think twice about crossing there.

I just pointed out the problems with that, so I'm guessing your reply wasn't regarding any of those issues, and was just tossing out random, irrelevant info? 

15 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I just pointed out the problems with that, so I'm guessing your reply wasn't regarding any of those issues, and was just tossing out random, irrelevant info? 

You opined on things you have no idea about, like what can and can't handle.  It was yet another attempt by you to push a lousy border deal when all Joe needs to do is reverse the damage he's already caused and tell Dems to do a standalone border security bill.  But again that just gives Trump a political win.  Meanwhile we get more illegals, some criminal, entering everyday and Dems continue to take it on the chin.

• Like (+1) 1

A cost of $387 per day for 65K migrant households works out to a little over $9 billion per year.  For context, NYC's annual budget is $100 billion, NYS is $220 billion, Erie County is $2.2 billion, and Buffalo's is $550 million.  With the amount of money being spent in NYC on migrants you could have built 5 new Bills stadiums (at $1.7 billion each). 

NYC spending $387 per migrant each day as Mayor Eric Adams tries to slash spending amid influx of nearly 65K

"New York City is forking out an average of $387 per day to put up a single migrant household in taxpayer-funded shelters, the latest data from City Hall show.

That number — known as the “cumulative per diem” — is the average of what the city has spent to house and feed each migrant household per day every month since the start of the crisis in spring 2022."

"City Hall has pegged the decline on cost-cutting measures implemented by Mayor Eric Adams’ administration to combat the crisis that’s forecast to set the Big Apple back $10 billion through next fiscal year."

18 minutes ago, Doc said:

You opined on things you have no idea about, like what can and can't handle.  It was yet another attempt by you to push a lousy border deal when all Joe needs to do is reverse the damage he's already caused and tell Dems to do a standalone border security bill.  But again that just gives Trump a political win.  Meanwhile we get more illegals, some criminal, entering everyday and Dems continue to take it on the chin.

LOL, in your opinion, does Texas currently have the resources and funds to follow this law right now and long-term?  No, well then they'll be do EXACTLY what Biden is doing that you hate so much.  They'll end up not enforcing the laws, and claiming they don't have the resources to do it.  I know you hate Joke, but that's no reason to call what is almost certainly a fact my opinion.  Texas' budget is available online, so if you want to show me how much they have allocated for this, I'd like to see it.  They spend $22,000/year per inmate.  Let's say they jail 1 million immigrants.  That's $22 billion.  Charge em with a felony when they return, and how long before you have 10 million immigrants in jail?  Their annual budget is $165 billion.  Not a political stunt though.  LOLZ

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Texas border actions could result in traffic being diverted to California and Arizona. 

If Trump wins he will deport them.  At least in Texas they will have $22,00 worth of care in jail that they wouldn't have in Mexico.  As usual a poorly thought-out plan by republicans.  

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

LOL, in your opinion, does Texas currently have the resources and funds to follow this law right now and long-term?  No, well then they'll be do EXACTLY what Biden is doing that you hate so much.  They'll end up not enforcing the laws, and claiming they don't have the resources to do it.  I know you hate Joke, but that's no reason to call what is almost certainly a fact my opinion.  Texas' budget is available online, so if you want to show me how much they have allocated for this, I'd like to see it.  They spend $22,000/year per inmate.  Let's say they jail 1 million immigrants.  That's $22 billion.  Charge em with a felony when they return, and how long before you have 10 million immigrants in jail?  Their annual budget is $165 billion.  Not a political stunt though.  LOLZ

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.  And they're not going to jail illegals for a year or even a week.  They'll get them out of there pronto.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Again, you have no idea what you're talking about.  And they're not going to jail illegals for a year or even a week.  They'll get them out of there pronto.

Then why did they create a law to jail them?  Political stunt maybe?  Doc, you normally don't lose this badly, but you're having a bad day.  Do you think any of them might return? What would be stopping them?

Edited by daz28

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

Then why did they create a law to jail them?  Political stunt maybe?  Doc, you normally don't lose this badly, but you're having a bad day.  Do you think any of them might return? What would be stopping them?

Why jail illegals here illegally?  Gee, I don't know...

Take the loss here.  The border crisis is on Joe and the Dems, and them alone.  If they want to keep taking the loss and further sink their chances in Nov., by all means, keep doing everything they can to let more illegals in to "destroy" cities and commit crimes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Why jail illegals here illegally?  Gee, I don't know...

Take the loss here.  The border crisis is on Joe and the Dems, and them alone.  If they want to keep taking the loss and further sink their chances in Nov., by all means, keep doing everything they can to let more illegals in to "destroy" cities and commit crimes.

Penalties for those who illegally re-enter Texas after having been deported could go up to 20 years in prison, depending on a person's immigration and criminal history.

Top Mexico diplomat Roberto Velasco Álvarez posted on X that Mexico will not accept migrants being sent back across the border by the state of Texas.

"The dialogue on immigration matters will continue between the federal governments" of Mexico and the US, he wrote in Spanish.

sow chaos and confusion at our southern border," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

"The court gives a green-light that will upend the longstanding federal-state balance of power and sow chaos," Justice Sotomayor wrote in the dissenting opinion.

Oh look, what happened?  It sowed chaos.  Looks like they won't be sending them back "pronto".  Better start building those prisons we were talking about, because 20 years is a long time to be housing someone.  The cost for each one jailed?  $500,000.  Doc your whole day has been a loss.  You could call it an average trump day.  meanwhile I'll be dying over the irony that Texas won't have the money, resources, and infrastructure to enforce their laws.  Sounds PAINFULLY familiar.  Too bad we didn't have a bill presented that only had 2 other super simple aid issues attached to it ready to be sent to the president.  

1 hour ago, daz28 said:

Penalties for those who illegally re-enter Texas after having been deported could go up to 20 years in prison, depending on a person's immigration and criminal history.

Top Mexico diplomat Roberto Velasco Álvarez posted on X that Mexico will not accept migrants being sent back across the border by the state of Texas.

"The dialogue on immigration matters will continue between the federal governments" of Mexico and the US, he wrote in Spanish.

sow chaos and confusion at our southern border," White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre said in a statement.

"The court gives a green-light that will upend the longstanding federal-state balance of power and sow chaos," Justice Sotomayor wrote in the dissenting opinion.

Oh look, what happened?  It sowed chaos.  Looks like they won't be sending them back "pronto".  Better start building those prisons we were talking about, because 20 years is a long time to be housing someone.  The cost for each one jailed?  $500,000.  Doc your whole day has been a loss.  You could call it an average trump day.  meanwhile I'll be dying over the irony that Texas won't have the money, resources, and infrastructure to enforce their laws.  Sounds PAINFULLY familiar.  Too bad we didn't have a bill presented that only had 2 other super simple aid issues attached to it ready to be sent to the president.  

My whole day has been a loss?  LOL!  Sherpa schooled you in the thread about Joe's abject failure in Afghanistan.  And you still haven't shown me a shred of proof that Trump raped EJC, just "the jury said he did." :rolleyes:

No illegals won't be housed for long, much less a year, much much less 20 years.  At worst it will be until November...

1 hour ago, Doc said:

And you still haven't shown me a shred of proof that Trump raped EJC, just "the jury said he did." :rolleyes:

Tell me you're kidding.  Your argument is that I have to provide you personally with evidence that you deem acceptable?   That's not how the law, juries, or in fact anything else on this planet works.  After a jury finds you guilty, you're guilty.  It no longer becomes slander.  I had no clue there was a Doc must concur clause in the judicial system.  You and Sherpa don't even know what operational is, but you know who is responsible for the bungle.  OK

So much WINNIN..... oh wait....

A federal appeals court on Tuesday night ordered that a contentious new Texas immigration law be paused just hours after the Supreme Court said it could go into effect.

A three-judge panel of the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals split 2-1 in saying in a brief order that the measure, known as SB4, should be blocked. The same court is hearing arguments Wednesday morning on the issue.

Doing Texas a solid, and they don't even know it.  

• Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, daz28 said:

So much WINNIN..... oh wait....

A federal appeals court on Tuesday night ordered that a contentious new Texas immigration law be paused just hours after the Supreme Court said it could go into effect.

A three-judge panel of the New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals split 2-1 in saying in a brief order that the measure, known as SB4, should be blocked. The same court is hearing arguments Wednesday morning on the issue.

Doing Texas a solid, and they don't even know it.  

If the feds don't secure the border.  The states will.  Who else will fill that vacuum?