Biden and the crises er challenge on the border

6 minutes ago, Precision said:

It's all good!  I remember the old days when the downtown of Hornell and Canisteo were filled with thriving shops!

I am a transplant and closer to Ithaca.

but many of my neighbors speak very highly of what this region used to be.

did the 72 flood hurt that area.  lots of folks talk about parts of this area never coming back from that event. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I am a transplant and closer to Ithaca.

but many of my neighbors speak very highly of what this region used to be.

did the 72 flood hurt that area.  lots of folks talk about parts of this area never coming back from that event. 

as far as Steuben county, Corning got hit really bad. 

Allegany and Cattaraugus counties had it worse. 

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, B-Man said:

as far as Steuben county, Corning got hit really bad. 

Allegany and Cattaraugus counties had it worse. 

I was just a kid but I still remember seeing the bridge in Carson (by Canisteo) washed away and seeing people push old cars over the levee to keep it from washing out.  There was a famous picture of a picnic table on the top of a telephone pole at Canacadea park.

Just for the record Chris, not everyone down that way is related.  Pretty sure B-Man and I aren't.....well, kinda sure!

Edited by Precision
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Precision said:

I was just a kid but I still remember seeing the bridge in Carson (by Canisteo) washed away and seeing people push old cars over the levee to keep it from washing out.  There was a famous picture of a picnic table on the top of a telephone pole at Canacadea park.

Just for the record Chris, not everyone down that way is related.  Pretty sure B-Man and I aren't.....well, kinda sure!

Im from Detriot. I like this region. lots of good history. low crime.  

Edited by Chris farley

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Tiberius is in the region. As an avid cheerleader for Brandon’s Border Bonanza I’m sure he will be put his money where his typing fingers are and head over there to volunteer. 

Edited by JDHillFan
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Im from Detriot. I love this region. lots of good history. low crime. 

Glad you're enjoying the area, feel bad for Detroit and the people there.  I moved to NH years ago but go back frequently to see family. 

IMO more than the hurricane I think the combination of NAFTA and anchor companies in Rochester failing had a bigger impact.  Lots of school consolidations in the late 90's hurt small towns some of whom were left without a school.  The influx of large box stores finished off local merchants who had been struggling for a while.  I felt like it seemed to impact everyplace west of Corning along Rt 17/I-86.  Oddly enough a few years ago I had the pleasure of speaking to the owner of Secret Caverns up toward Cobleskill.  He indicated that they saw the same in the rural areas along the I-88 corridor.  We thought it odd that both areas saw a similar decline. 

• Like (+1) 1

CRISIS BY DESIGN: 

A New Low: Biden to Halt Familial DNA Testing at the Border.

There comes a time at which even the most hard-core, dedicated progressive wonks among us should finally admit that the Biden administration is nothing more than a self-serving, evil entity that cares nothing for the people who must labor under its policies. For conservatives, that became evident long ago. Some on the left seem to be turning the corner, and if the ones who haven’t aren’t convinced by this piece of news, there is simply no hope for them.

Just the News obtained a copy of the memo issued by U.S. Customs and Border Protection. It is short and to the point: CPB’s DNA collection contract with BODE Technologies ends on May 31 and with it, the process of familial DNA identification. DNA collections for the FBI will continue,

but there will be no effort to make sure that children are crossing the border with their parents or identifying unaccompanied minors.

As expected, no rationale has been offered for this move, probably because no rationale exists. No matter how the Left might try to contort this policy into a positive development, it simply cannot be done. 

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/lincolnbrown/2023/05/23/a-new-low-biden-to-halt-familial-dna-testing-at-the-border-n1697476

• Like (+1) 1

CuP_aJVWAAAHgRK.jpg

Democrats: No Border Security Bill Until  Citizens Accept More Poor Migrants

by Neil Munro

Democrats will block a border security bill until American citizens accept more poor migrants into their workplaces and neighborhoods, Texas Democrat Rep. Barbara Lee told a GOP-led hearing on Tuesday. “You’re not going to get border security coming first,” Lee told a GOP-picked witness, Rodney Scott, the former chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, who urged legislators to first protect the border before opening up more legal routes for migrants. You need to be able to balance it. You will not accept a border security and recognizing pathways to legal entry [bill]?

https://judiciary.house.gov/committee-activity/hearings/biden-border-crisis-part-iii

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/05/24/democrats-illegal-migration-will-continue-until-americans-oks-legal-migration/

• Like (+1) 1

SORRY, DOESN’T FIT THE NARRATIVE, GO AWAY: 

Migrant Who Raped and Killed Maryland Woman Was Known MS-13 Affiliate, Report Finds:

The Biden administration has ‘failed to implement basic screening and vetting measures’ at the border, lawmakers say. 

Ya think?

https://freebeacon.com/biden-administration/migrant-who-raped-and-killed-maryland-woman-was-known-ms-13-affiliate-report-finds/

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, BuffaninSarasota said:

this should go over well

Come on tibs and bt, open up your hearts and your homes to these poor unfortunate immigrants. Man or woman up and stand behind your beliefs. Take in a family or two and show them that left wing love you claim to have. 
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣