Paulson Adebo - CB Prospect - Stanford

H2o

Adebo is an interesting CB prospect who battled some injuries while at Stanford. I think he'd fit well in this defense and could be had in the 3rd according to projections(not sure with these numbers now). Look at his Pro Day results below. 

CB Paulson Adebo

Height: 6'1″ (86th percentile)
Weight: 198 (73rd)
Arm: 31 1/2 (58th)
Vertical: 37 (57th)
Broad: 121 (39th)
Bench: 18 reps (85th)
40-yard: 4.42 (75th)
Short shuttle: 4.09 (77th)
3-cone: 6.70 (90th)

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-pro-day-results-tracker

• Like (+1) 1

Yea I have him in that late 3rd territory. If the Bills haven't gone corner in round 1 they should wait until round 3 for me. After the top 4 guys - Surtain, Farley, Horn & Newsome there is very little until you get to a clutch of 3rd round guys like Melinfonwu, Robinson, Samuel, Stokes and Adebo. 

I basically have two second round corners - Tyson Campbell and Kelvin Joseph. 

I like Adebo. His tape is inconsistent but the raw materials are there.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I have him in that late 3rd territory. If the Bills haven't gone corner in round 1 they should wait until round 3 for me. After the top 4 guys - Surtain, Farley, Horn & Newsome there is very little until you get to a clutch of 3rd round guys like Melinfonwu, Robinson, Samuel, Stokes and Adebo. 

Melifonwu is such an intriguing prospect. He has great size and he makes plays. We need guys like him. Would look great in a Bills uni. Just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

What are your thoughts on Newsome?  I’d love to grab him at 30.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Adebo is an interesting CB prospect who battled some injuries while at Stanford. I think he'd fit well in this defense and could be had in the 3rd according to projections(not sure with these numbers now). Look at his Pro Day results below. 

CB Paulson Adebo

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-pro-day-schedule-pro-day-results-tracker

I gushed about him in the "CB in the 1st round" thread. I really love this kid's game and fit in our scheme. I think @GunnerBill is way too low on him, but to each their own. I don't think there's a chance in hell he lasts to our 3rd round pick -- this is the type of kid that teams will be higher on than the draftnik community. Frankly I won't be shocked if he's gone before our pick in the second, but would be VERY happy with him at 62. He's a kid I can see Beane moving up in the 3rd for if he does slide that late, but again, I don't think he will.

When you compare him to the guys in his same tier, most of them are "intriguing prospects", guys with "skyhigh upside", players who could really "develop into something" -- Adebo is already a rock solid cb with the athleticism, intelligence and body to have all the upside required in our scheme to be a phenomenal compliment to Tre.  

Give me Adebo over Trill, Melifonwu, Samuel, Molden, Robinson, Joseph, etc. He should be getting talked about with the likes of Stokes and Newsome and the fact that he isn't is mildly absurd to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, glazeduck said:

I gushed about him in the "CB in the 1st round" thread. I really love this kid's game and fit in our scheme. I think @GunnerBill is way too low on him, but to each their own. I don't think there's a chance in hell he lasts to our 3rd round pick -- this is the type of kid that teams will be higher on than the draftnik community. Frankly I won't be shocked if he's gone before our pick in the second, but would be VERY happy with him at 62. He's a kid I can see Beane moving up in the 3rd for if he does slide that late, but again, I don't think he will.

When you compare him to the guys in his same tier, most of them are "intriguing prospects", guys with "skyhigh upside", players who could really "develop into something" -- Adebo is already a rock solid cb with the athleticism, intelligence and body to have all the upside required in our scheme to be a phenomenal compliment to Tre.  

Give me Adebo over Trill, Melifonwu, Samuel, Molden, Robinson, Joseph, etc. He should be getting talked about with the likes of Stokes and Newsome and the fact that he isn't is mildly absurd to me.

I've seen him a handful of times and he was always solid in coverage. His game film is pretty good. The fact that he ran a 4.42 at 6'1" and basically 200lbs while turning in a 6.70 3-cone is wow to me. I didn't realize he was that fast. Him opposite Tre, while being able to learn from our Secondary group, would be rock solid imo. :thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, H2o said:

I've seen him a handful of times and he was always solid in coverage. His game film is pretty good. The fact that he ran a 4.42 at 6'1" and basically 200lbs while turning in a 6.70 3-cone is wow to me. I didn't realize he was that fast. Him opposite Tre, while being able to learn from our Secondary group, would be rock solid imo. :thumbsup:

Yep. I'm a big believer in what's often called "breakout age" (but also other terms) -- basically when did this guy become a stud at his level -- that's often an indicator of success in the pros... Adebo was balling out as a freshman and sophomore in a pass-happy conference. If anything his early college career was even more special than later.

If he checks out medically (and obviously stays healthy), somebody's going to get a 10-year starter out of him.

I like Adebo, he is a McBeane type of guy character-wise, and McD seems to be good at coaching up CB’s......however, I can’t help but remember when Stanford played UCF two years ago, Adebo was abused in the first quarter by Gabriel Davis so badly he had to be removed from coverage responsibilities on Davis.

I believe that says more about how good Davis is than about the abilities of Adebo, but that is the first thing I think of when he is mentioned. That being said, I think he has potential and would take him with a mid-round pick.

6 hours ago, H2o said:

CB Paulson Adebo

Richard Sherman 2.0

1 hour ago, Special K said:

I like Adebo, he is a McBeane type of guy character-wise, and McD seems to be good at coaching up CB’s......however, I can’t help but remember when Stanford played UCF two years ago, Adebo was abused in the first quarter by Gabriel Davis so badly he had to be removed from coverage responsibilities on Davis.

I believe that says more about how good Davis is than about the abilities of Adebo, but that is the first thing I think of when he is mentioned. That being said, I think he has potential and would take him with a mid-round pick.

I was at that game, Davis put a pretty dress on him and took him to homecoming. You can’t judge the guy on what is arguably one of his worst games.

19 minutes ago, JDubya76 said:

I was at that game, Davis put a pretty dress on him and took him to homecoming. You can’t judge the guy on what is arguably one of his worst games.

Yep. I feel like I remember Adebo playing injured in that one too?

8 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

What are your thoughts on Newsome?  I’d love to grab him at 30.

I love him. From the moment I started watching his tape on in January I couldn't understand why at the time he wasn't getting more love from the draft media. The last 3 or 4 weeks they seem to have caught up. DJ says he is all but certain to go round 1, Matt Miller says he has heard some teams are extremely high on him. After Surtain and Farley every corner in this class has holes in his game... even Jaycee Horn who is a good player but is a specific scheme fit. The negative as it were on Newsome is just that he is raw and has been hurt. Other than that the raw materials of an elite corner are there. His football IQ and play recognition are off the charts. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, glazeduck said:

It is the consistency that worried me a bit on his film. I actually saw a bit of Marcus Peters in him in that he is a bit boom or bust. He is always trying to make the big play and ocassionally he gambles too much and gets burned and I think that issue would show up a bit more readily in the NFL. I would be preaching patience with him if I were coaching him. He could certainly go higher than round 3. Some of these corners will be pushed up the board but I don't love this corner class when you get beyond the top 4 guys.