Jump to content

Texans' Deshaun Watson accused of indecent conduct in civil lawsuit; QB denies wrongdoing


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

 

No, I'd rather not - I'll let you use your detective skills to figure it out or maybe not as you seem to have it all figured out. How would you know whether Hardin plans to counter-sue the women ? Because it hasn't happened yet ? 

 

 

This is the problem with any conspiracy and for its theorists:  the simplest questions cannot be answered.  When pressed on the details of the logic of their theory, invariably they say to the doubter (strangely): "you figure it out".

 

 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 998
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This removes any lingering doubt I had that Watson is guilty. He has a real problem.

The fact that some people would sooner believe there is a vast conspiracy by the team and that ALL of these women are lying it is the exact reason why women don’t  feel like they can go to the police.

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Even more telling she would book him again if his previous conduct was unacceptable. 

 

She did not book him again. 

 

She said she hypothetically would if he would meet certain conditions he apparently found unacceptable, as he did not book.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:


Why not Lizard People?  UFOs?  The Russians?  Just a theory.

 

As I said, it's a theory as no one looked at the other side. But carry on if it makes you feel better.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

C'mon WEO.  It's not criminal to contact a massage therapist to request a massage.  Even "incessantly".

 

Well, none of this involves criminal charges, so any such talk is a distraction.  He's being sued.  It would be obvious these women have some text messaging, IG, etc trail they will present. We have heard a similar story published about a similar experience involving a woman who is not suing him. 

 

Interestingly, the lawyer is the same one who  defended Mario Williams's ex-fiancee in his suit against her.  Not only did he counter-sue, he released text messages which ultimately forced Williams to settle his case.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

 

This is the problem with any conspiracy and for its theorists:  the simplest questions cannot be answered.  When pressed on the details of the logic of their theory, invariably they say to the doubter (strangely): "you figure it out".

 

 

 

You don't think the owner could get the names of the massage therapists Watson was seeing or had seen ? 

 

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

She did not book him again. 

 

She said she hypothetically would if he would meet certain conditions he apparently found unacceptable, as he did not book.

 

True, but the fact she said she would tells me she either wasn't that bothered by his conduct or he tipped really well. 

Edited by Roy Hobbs
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

 

You don't think the owner could get the names of the massage therapists Watson was seeing or had seen ? 

 

How?  Apparently two were recommended by training staff in the Texans facility, so if they ask everyone in the facility "hey, did you ever recommend any massage therapists to DeShaun Watson?" and that staff happens to remember that conversation and happens to remember who they recommended (or did it by text) I guess they could get those two names.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

 

You don't think the owner could get the names of the massage therapists Watson was seeing or had seen ? 

 

How would your employer get the names of all the massage therapists you have procured services from over the past year?

 

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Well, none of this involves criminal charges, so any such talk is a distraction.  He's being sued.  It would be obvious these women have some text messaging, IG, etc trail they will present. We have heard a similar story published about a similar experience involving a woman who is not suing him. 

 

Interestingly, the lawyer is the same one who  defended Mario Williams's ex-fiancee in his suit against her.  Not only did he counter-sue, he released text messages which ultimately forced Williams to settle his case.

 

Not yet - she was evaluating her options at the time of the SI story.

 

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

How?  Apparently two were recommended by training staff in the Texans facility, so if they ask everyone in the facility "hey, did you ever recommend any massage therapists to DeShaun Watson?" and that staff happens to remember that conversation and happens to remember who they recommended (or did it by text) I guess they could get those two names.

 

Do you think these licensed sport massage therapists just worked on Watson ? What about asking the other team members who they see ? 

Edited by Roy Hobbs
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

Well, none of this involves criminal charges, so any such talk is a distraction. 

 

I believe  your post to which I responded was in response to the contention "So these women would just want compensation instead of Watson being criminally charged if indeed he actually did something criminal ?"

 

I'm outta here.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

 

How would your employer get the names of all the massage therapists you have procured services from over the past year?

 

 

 

Read Hapless' post above and then speak to the ~70 other Texans as to who they use. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Do you think these licensed sport massage therapists just worked on Watson ? What about asking the other team members who they see ? 

 

Since in the cases which have come to light, Watson specified that he was looking for a "massage for relaxation, not a sports massage", asking for licensed sports massage therapists would not produce the relevant names.

 

But let's just look at the bigger issue here.  You're proposing a conspiracy that hasn't come unglued.  That relies on all the moving parts of the conspiracy to keep silent.  Now you're proposing that in order to start the conspiracy off, whoever it is you think is conspiring against Watson - who is it, anyway?  McNair?  Easterby?  Caserio?  Someone in McNair's pay who doesn't work for the Texans? - left a trail by going around to Texans staff and players asking "who do you use to give you massages?".  Now, somehow, none of these teammates and coaches and staff, have "connected the dots" and come forward to say "McNair's personal assistant contacted me 6 weeks ago to ask for names and contact info of all the "personal relaxation massage therapists" we use.  Now Watson is being sued by a bevy of personal relaxation massage therapists.  Hell of a coincidence, isn't it?" 

 

You just multiplied the number of people who must keep silent to support the conspiracy by a large factor - 5 or 10x, making a united front of silence even more improbable.

 

7 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Read Hapless' post above and then speak to the ~70 other Texans as to who they use. 

 

Read Hapless post right here.  Talking to 70 other people for names, raises the probability that one of those 70 will speak out and then the rest will follow and say "yeah, he ask me that same question" and start the smoke that would point back to the conspiracy fire.

 

Now I'm outta here too.

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Even more telling she would book him again if his previous conduct was unacceptable. 

 

Right, it's entirely believable that a group of 20+ women all colluded together to scam Watson out of money, but it isn't realistic at all that a massage therapist would risk a 2nd booking with a wealthy client after laying very clear ground rules for the 2nd meeting.

  • Like (+1) 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

 

 

Read Hapless' post above and then speak to the ~70 other Texans as to who they use. 

 

These women were from all over the country.  Only 2 were recommended by the Texans staff.  How did the other ones get contacted by the Texans owner and the plaintiff's lawyer? 

 

And now the "70 other Texans" are in on this too?--giving up names at the request of these men in order to bring down their QB?  Did Watson regulary share to names of the dozens of massagers with his 70 other teammates?

 

This conspiracy casts a wide net!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Since in the cases which have come to light, Watson specified that he was looking for a "massage for relaxation, not a sports massage", asking for licensed sports massage therapists would not produce the relevant names.

 

But let's just look at the bigger issue here.  You're proposing a conspiracy that hasn't come unglued.  That relies on all the moving parts of the conspiracy to keep silent.  Now you're proposing that in order to start the conspiracy off, whoever it is you think is conspiring against Watson - who is it, anyway?  McNair?  Easterby?  Caserio?  Someone in McNair's pay who doesn't work for the Texans? - left a trail by going around to Texans staff and players asking "who do you use to give you massages?".  Now, somehow, none of these teammates and coaches and staff, have "connected the dots" and come forward to say "McNair's personal assistant contacted me 6 weeks ago to ask for names and contact info of all the "personal relaxation massage therapists" we use.  Now Watson is being sued by a bevy of personal relaxation massage therapists.  Hell of a coincidence, isn't it?" 

 

You just multiplied the number of people who must keep silent to support the conspiracy by a large factor - 5 or 10x, making a united front of silence even more improbable.

 

Read Hapless post right here

 

Many posts ago, I said it was a theory. And I didn't come up with the conspiracy theory ... there are folks who think the McNairs are in on it as retribution for Watson saying he would never play for the Texans again for various reasons. I'm out ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Texans conspiracy theory of trying to attempt to damage Watson's reputation beyond repair is people grasping at straws. They're still trying to defend Watson for whatever reason they have chosen. If in fact Watson was never going to play another down for them then they would only hurt themselves as far as potential compensation in a trade. On top of that, if any of this was ever uncovered in any way, you're looking at the largest defamation suit in the history of professional sports. You're talking HUNDREDS of MILLIONS of $$$'s in total that would surely be granted to the plaintiff as well as possible criminal charges. It's just not reasonable to think that such a large number of people could collude together, seamlessly, with no flaws to expose the plot. Not buying it, not in the slightest. People are still innocent until proven guilty and Watson is looking like he will have his day in court. The stories of all plaintiffs involved, including the latest of one who isn't even represented by Buzbee, are all eerily similar and pretty damning though. Watson is headed for the exempt list, suspension, and then some pretty lengthy court proceedings I'd expect. This is not even taking into account the fact that criminal charges could still be levied against him as well. Like I said yesterday, his career could very well be over. If it's not over then I surely expect a 2 to 3 year disruption the further these things continue to downward spiral. 

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DJB said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2021/03/29/first-hand-story-of-deshaun-watson-inappropriate-behavior-not-in-lawsuit

 

 

Not sure if this was posted but its eye opening. "Mary" isn't suing Watson but simply telling her experience with him. 

 

Its over for him. 

It is posted, and I think it is worth pointing out that this is in SI by a pretty well respected NFL reporter Jenny Vrentas. Not some random outlet. So I assume pretty well vetted. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

These conspiracy theorists are embarrassing.... this would be one grand conspiracy involving at 24 women/accusers and im

Sure more to come, a whole gang of lawyers, a NFL owner, a NFL manager and others. Also a Female SI reporter..... Criminal charges to follow most likely. Pretty insane how many people are making every excuse possible for Watson who surely looks like a predator to any logical thinking person. The precedence this is setting should be Interesting to see when the next NFL player is accused.... The only losers here are the 24 victims. 
 

 

Edited by wppete
  • Like (+1) 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

 

Many posts ago, I said it was a theory. And I didn't come up with the conspiracy theory ... there are folks who think the McNairs are in on it as retribution for Watson saying he would never play for the Texans again for various reasons. I'm out ...

 

But you were doing so well...

  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...