Mahomes restructures, opens up 17 million in cap space

So the 500m man gets a deal last year which really takes effect this year and they need to move money around already ;)

They need to fire their cap analyst ;)

He couldn't see this coming and back load the contract from the start?

11 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

Makes zero sense why the Bills are not doing this with their guys.  The cap is a joke.  If you want to consistently win, do this stuff every year.

Teams like the Saints have been doing this forever.  It never catches up.  The cap will always be going up from here on out.

Judging by the amount they are over the cap by it did catch up.

I went on on Spotrac a few weeks ago and there was no easy answers like cut XYZ players and all is good.

They have a huge mess

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

So the 500m man gets a deal last year which really takes effect this year and they need to move money around already ;)

They need to fire their cap analyst ;)

He couldn't see this coming and back load the contract from the start?

I went on on Spotrac a few weeks ago and there was no easy answers like cut XYZ players and all is good.

They have a huge mess

K.C. numbers guy deciding how to fix cap problem:

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:07 PM, njbuff said:

Whatever you think of me and posts........

point is....................

hopefully the Chiefs are weaker at the end of the day. 😀

Unfortunately, unless you think there’s any risk of them wanting to cut mahomes the next couple years- true specific move keeping the same dollars on the books is a trade of guaranteeing they will pay them for increased flexibility in how to account for them. Could spend them this year now, or roll them over and be in the same spot later as they were before.

the only way the ink on paper here makes them weaker is if in the heat couple years you want to separate from the player and can’t reasonably. It’s all upside for this example though. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/13/2021 at 3:22 AM, JMF2006 said:

They have a huge mess

The salary cap is fake.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/taysom-hill-saints-agree-on-a-four-year-140-million-extension-freeing-up-7-5m-in-cap-space-per-report/