The #1 album in America

\GoBillsInDallas/

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I've never been a big fan of Alice Cooper's music.  But I am a HUGE fan Vincent Furnier, the person.  Super cool guy.  Funny.  Avid baseball fan.  Restauranteur.  Great dude.

Avid golfer too... it helped him kick his alcohol habit. I admire a guy that has stayed married through his kind of a career... kind of rare really. Short interview on the course:

• Thank you (+1) 1

Man, the music industry has changed...13,000 records sold...#1 record!  

I think the fastest selling record for first week sales was Kanye West.  "Late Registration" sold almost 900,000 records in the US, it's first week of release, just 15 years ago.

He played golf with Groucho Marx and with Glen Campbell. Glen Campbell lived near him and they would golf every week they were both in town.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, T&C said:

Avid golfer too... it helped him kick his alcohol habit. I admire a guy that has stayed married through his kind of a career... kind of rare really. Short interview on the course:

Wow! Golf just makes me want to drink even more! It’s an evil sport! By hole #11 I just keep scanning for the beer cart lady! I’m so happy to find her I’m a very generous tipper and hope she just follows us. :)

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/10/2021 at 8:31 PM, Buftex said:

Man, the music industry has changed...13,000 records sold...#1 record!  

I think the fastest selling record for first week sales was Kanye West.  "Late Registration" sold almost 900,000 records in the US, it's first week of release, just 15 years ago.

The interesting thing is that the industry has sort of gone back to the old days, before recording technology existed.

I.E., if you are a musician, you make your money by traveling around and playing your music for audiences to listen to in a live setting.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The interesting thing is that the industry has sort of gone back to the old days, before recording technology existed.

I.E., if you are a musician, you make your money by traveling around and playing your music for audiences to listen to in a live setting.

Which is why it is super important, espeically now, to support these people, if you really love music.  I'm not talking about the Bruce Springsteens of the world, but "smaller" artists who's music you enjoy, but they can't get out to tour right now.  Pre-pandemic, I went to see live music 1-3 times a week, on average...now I am just watching a lot of the artists I would have been paying to see on Facebook, or YouTube, chipping in my $20 I would have paid to see them at a club.

I met Alice years ago, when I still lived in the States.

Really good, down to earth dude, but... his skin was as grey as a March day in Upstate NY.  It was actually a bit disturbing.

There was a really good docu years ago that had him in it, quite a bit.  Check it out if you can.  It's called "SuperMensch - The Legend of Shep Gordon."

Great story.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.