The Democrat cartel

42 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Ftx ceo was one of the largest dem donors fyi 

I don’t understand why this is relevant to basically anything other than the fact that crypto has always been a big ponzi scheme. 

His partner was one of the largest GOP donors, but so what?

Edited by ChiGoose

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

I don’t understand why this is relevant to basically anything other than the fact that crypto has always been a big ponzi scheme. 

The relevance is debunking this myth that followers regurgitate; that only R is the party of rich and D is not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Defi is the future. FTX is (was) a centralized exchange that controlled all investor assets and f-ed around (and found out). Decentralized exchanges take the middle man out of the equation. Banks, brokers and other centralized equivalents will no longer be needed once defi takes over. It's the best and most transparent financial system the world has ever seen. Be your own bank, but be careful. We're still in the gold rush and there are many bandits out there!

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

If you don’t already know, you aren’t going to believe it from me. You need to open your eyes and see it for yourself 

It's been orchestrated as R vs D. In reality, it's rich vs poor. If you don't know which category you fall into, then it's the latter.

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Defi is the future. FTX is (was) a centralized exchange that controlled all investor assets and f-ed around (and found out). Decentralized exchanges take the middle man out of the equation. Banks, brokers and other centralized equivalents will no longer be needed once defi takes over. It's the best and most transparent financial system the world has ever seen. Be your own bank, but be careful. We're still in the gold rush and there are many bandits out there!

Respectfully, I’m not sure I could disagree more. 

Unregulated markets almost always devolve into scams. We can argue about the appropriate level and types of regulations on markets, but markets with no oversight end up just preying on people who don’t realize they are being conned. 

20 years from now, we will look at crypto the same way we currently look at Beanie Babies. 

8 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Respectfully, I’m not sure I could disagree more. 

Unregulated markets almost always devolve into scams. We can argue about the appropriate level and types of regulations on markets, but markets with no oversight end up just preying on people who don’t realize they are being conned. 

20 years from now, we will look at crypto the same way we currently look at Beanie Babies. 

Respectfully, while we are both talking about crypto, the most meaningful part is about the exchanges. In a defi system, you are the only one who can access your funds. You are literally your own bank. Nobody can speculate with your funds.

This FTX collapse could never happen on defi. They were literally betting their investors money with 170% leverage! It's what your broker does. It's what pension funds do. It's what market makers do. It's what banks do. It's what leads to 1929...1987, 2000, 2008, inflated markets and inflation today. Fractional reserve banking and its derivatives are a huge efing ponzi scheme.

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Yeah agree vehemently. Our family does well but I know we aren’t in the club

At least you know it. Spread the word.

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A recent exchange between Feinstein and a journalist from Business Insider.

From the way it sounded, the 89-year-old Senator was so out of sorts that an aide had to step in and correct her multiple times:

One time gift or sustaining?

https://giveusd.lifesitenews.com/?utm_source=www_mobile_footer

LOL.

As reported, in the aftermath of Republicans being projected to retake control of the House, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) made it official Thursday in declaring she would “not seek reelection to Democratic leadership in the next Congress.”

“For me, the hour’s come for a new generation to lead the Democratic Caucus that I so deeply respect and I’m so grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome responsibility,” Pelosi, who is 82, stated as reports swirled that she was paving the way behind the scenes for Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) to be her successor.

Jeffries, who has been in Congress since 2013, is being portrayed by some in the media “as a capable operator inside the conference with sharp media skills to sell a Democratic message to the public,” though he may get pushback from “Squad” types in the House who reportedly have “labeled him a centrist.”

But what you won’t hear much about from the fawning press when it comes to Jeffries and the “historic” nature of his presumptive upcoming role as House Minority Leader is that he is – by the Democrats’ own very convenient definition – a threat to democracy.

An election denier who routinely tries to delegitimize and undermine “our sacred institutions,” as Democrats have often referred to the courts and the democratic process:

And to think we’ve been lectured to all this time about how such talk was dangerous. Who knew?

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2022/11/17/what-democrats-dont-want-you-to-know-about-hakeem-jeffries-n660259

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

As reported, in the aftermath of Republicans being projected to retake control of the House, Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) made it official Thursday in declaring she would “not seek reelection to Democratic leadership in the next Congress.”

“For me, the hour’s come for a new generation to lead the Democratic Caucus that I so deeply respect and I’m so grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome responsibility,” Pelosi, who is 82, stated as reports swirled that she was paving the way behind the scenes for Rep. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.) to be her successor.

Jeffries, who has been in Congress since 2013, is being portrayed by some in the media “as a capable operator inside the conference with sharp media skills to sell a Democratic message to the public,” though he may get pushback from “Squad” types in the House who reportedly have “labeled him a centrist.”

But what you won’t hear much about from the fawning press when it comes to Jeffries and the “historic” nature of his presumptive upcoming role as House Minority Leader is that he is – by the Democrats’ own very convenient definition – a threat to democracy.

An election denier who routinely tries to delegitimize and undermine “our sacred institutions,” as Democrats have often referred to the courts and the democratic process:

And to think we’ve been lectured to all this time about how such talk was dangerous. Who knew?

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2022/11/17/what-democrats-dont-want-you-to-know-about-hakeem-jeffries-n660259

It's the truth when they deny elections.  Clowns.  :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, B-Man said:

More liberal hypocrisy 

If people new and understood that our system is geared to benefit those that are married maybe it will become something people will consider again. This doesn’t mean I agree with the system.  But that’s what we have right now. 

Example:

My wife and I sell our primary residence we’ve lived in for two of the last five years and have a Cap Gain of $500k our taxes are $0.  If a non-married individual does the same thing they would have a tax bill as high as $50k

40 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

If people new and understood that our system is geared to benefit those that are married maybe it will become something people will consider again. This doesn’t mean I agree with the system.  But that’s what we have right now. 

Example:

My wife and I sell our primary residence we’ve lived in for two of the last five years and have a Cap Gain of $500k our taxes are $0.  If a non-married individual does the same thing they would have a tax bill as high as $50k

Uhhhhhhh.  okay.

good advice.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Schumer's hypocrisy and the media scorning the Right's "replacement" nonsense.

22 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Uhhhhhhh.  okay.

good advice.

Doesn't really have anything to do with Schumer's hypocrisy and the media scorning the Right's "replacement" nonsense.

But it has a lot to do with what Ben said about marriage in this country.   You DID listen to what you posted didn’t you??  😏

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Example:

I think the key point here is you and your wife did an excellent job selecting this property. If you were single you would’ve ***** it up 

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

But it has a lot to do with what Ben said about marriage in this country.   You DID listen to what you posted didn’t you??  😏

LOL.

Well, I re-listened just to see what I missed the first time, and doggone it it at 4:01 of a 4:25 clip he does push that more Americans should get married.

Why didn't I remember that (almost always) when Jim responds to an article or clip, by any side, he focuses on one small part.

I would have thought posting it in the Democrat Cartel thread (started a year and a half ago, Billsy must have just found it)  it would have made clear what I was discussing.

The Left scolded any conservative about a "false Replacement Theory' only a few months ago, now the Senate Majority Leader speaks of it as a fact needed by the U.S, and the media yawns.

59 minutes ago, B-Man said:

LOL.

Well, I re-listened just to see what I missed the first time, and doggone it it at 4:01 of a 4:25 clip he does push that more Americans should get married.

Why didn't I remember that (almost always) when Jim responds to an article or clip, by any side, he focuses on one small part.

I would have thought posting it in the Democrat Cartel thread (started a year and a half ago, Billsy must have just found it)  it would have made clear what I was discussing.

The Left scolded any conservative about a "false Replacement Theory' only a few months ago, now the Senate Majority Leader speaks of it as a fact needed by the U.S, and the media yawns.

One small part? It was the most important part of Ben’s message in my opinion.  I tune out politicians being hypocrites. That ***** is boring seeing they are all constant hypocrites 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

The Democrat cartel

image.thumb.jpeg.39dbb07dda00f90450cf6398662c6a00.jpeg

A8C502CE-161B-4275-ADEC-F796490C1A7E.thumb.jpeg.521abd64bd69921a957138c91099a23b.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 1

THAT’S DIFFERENT BECAUSE SHUT UP, RACIST: 

Democrat poised to succeed Pelosi repeatedly denied legitimacy of Trump’s 2016 election. 

“Jeffries, currently the House Democratic Conference chairman, has tweeted that Trump cheated in the 2016 election and stole two Supreme Court seats.”

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/democrat-poised-succeed-pelosi-repeatedly-has-denied-legitimacy-trumps-2016

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

THAT’S DIFFERENT BECAUSE SHUT UP, RACIST: 

Democrat poised to succeed Pelosi repeatedly denied legitimacy of Trump’s 2016 election. 

“Jeffries, currently the House Democratic Conference chairman, has tweeted that Trump cheated in the 2016 election and stole two Supreme Court seats.”

https://justthenews.com/government/congress/democrat-poised-succeed-pelosi-repeatedly-has-denied-legitimacy-trumps-2016

Again, any talk of "election denial" by Dems needs to be met with "STFU hypocrite!"

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://english.almayadeen.net/news/politics/weapons-delivered-to-ukraine-beginning-to-filter-to-africa:

Weapons delivered to Ukraine 'beginning to filter' to Africa: Nigeria

Weapons supplied to Ukraine from Western countries are "starting to flow" into the Lake Chad basin region, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari warned this week.

Addressing the heads of states from neighboring states participating in the Lake Chad Basin Commission on Tuesday in the Nigerian capital of Abuja, the president said, "Regrettably, the situation in the Sahel and the raging war in Ukraine serve as major sources of weapons and fighters that bolster the ranks of the terrorists in the region."

democrat party and ukraine are corrupt

But lets get back to the republicans like terrorism post