Hot for Band Director

\GoBillsInDallas/

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

The student was 18. I know teacher/student is wrong, but an 18 year old ,male? I can see her getting fired but not sent to jail.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this kid? Maybe I'm just too old school. 

It's a simple common sense rule/law - teachers should not have relations with students. It's the same for any organization where there is a hierarchal issue.  There is no way of knowing if it's completely consensual when one side has the power over another. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

It's a simple common sense rule/law - teachers should not have relations with students. It's the same for any organization where there is a hierarchal issue.  There is no way of knowing if it's completely consensual when one side has the power over another. 

Agreed and she should certainly be fired. 

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

The student was 18. I know teacher/student is wrong, but an 18 year old ,male? I can see her getting fired but not sent to jail.

Am I supposed to feel sorry for this kid? Maybe I'm just too old school. 

I feel sorry for the kid.  Someone ratted them out and now he probably lost this chick forever because of it!

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, Max Fischer said:

But since the dawn of time teachers have been having relationships with their students. Above 18 of course.

Even in the repressive Victorian Era it happened and went unpunished. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.