Potential CB #2

30 minutes ago, Magox said:

I don't agree with that at all.   This is going to be a year of tons of discounts due to the cap and Buffalo is a hot up and coming team that has a chance at the ring as well.  Plus the reputation of Buffalo and it's culture is another appealing aspect that will help attract Free Agents.    Beane is going to earn his money this year, I'd expect them to be very active and I think when it's all said and done Buffalo will have added a couple well-known players on 1-2 year deals.

While the Bills aren’t  the laughing stock anymore, choosing to live in a cold, dreary, snowy city can be a decision many want no part of making.  I’ve had opportunities to move back east and haven’t seriously considered one of them because I dislike the east coast due to the humidity and local time as a sport junkie. I’m a morning person by nature and I hate the fact many sporting events are on until 12-1am.  LAME.  Not to mention I hate shoveling/snow blowing/ having my daily routine interrupted due to something that falls from the sky.  Many feel the same.  Especially millionaire athletes 

Edited by NewEra

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I expect them to as well but they might have to make trades to get the guys they really want.......because I think that the other top contenders will have the same idea in mind.    I think KC, Tampa, Green Bay and maybe even the LA Rams will have first dibs on the ring chaser types.   Bills and Ravens likely second tier.   

Example:  JJ Watt.  Checks the boxes Beane wants......big and physical and still a solid pass rusher.

From Wisconsin,  has been used to living in a warmer climate like Tampa where the GOAT plays,  has lost to Mahomes in the playoffs despite a 24-0 lead and could really set up his next career even more if he were stationed in LA.   You really think the Bills get first dibs on him if he is a free agent willing to take less to get that ring?         

It depends who the player is, if it's a younger single guy who likes the limelight then no, but if it's someone who already has a family and wants to be part of the great locker room type team Buffalo has and a shot at the ring who is already financially secure, then yes I could see Buffalo being very appealing.

Either way, Buffalo will be a better option than many other places and I expect the pool of FA's to be deep for discounted quality players.

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

While the Bills are the laughing stock anymore, choosing to live in a cold, dreary, snowy city can be a decision many want no part of making.  I’ve had opportunities to move back east and haven’t seriously considered one of them because I dislike the east coast due to the humidity and local time as a sport junkie. I’m a morning person by nature and I hate the fact many sporting events are on until 12-1am.  LAME.  Not to mention I hate shoveling/snow blowing/ having my daily routine interrupted due to something that falls from the sky.  Many feel the same.  Especially millionaire athletes 

We're gonna find out soon enough.   There is a great story to be told for Beane to prospects to join the Bills and I'm sure he will be telling it a lot over the coming months.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well...how's he going to build a better front 7?

Sign and draft better players. Doi.

The details are for him to worry about, and why he gets paid the big bucks.

He went against my offseason plan from last March, and that didnt work out too well, so hopefully he's learned his lesson. He knows how to find me if he needs advice.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Magox said:

Either way, Buffalo will be a better option than many other places and I expect the pool of FA's to be deep for discounted quality players.

Better than some yes but the ones at the top are super-appealing for a variety of reasons.

We'll see about the quality of players.   I don't suspect the pool to be very deep in the Bills 2 most serious areas of need......pass rushers and playmaking TE's.  I think those are going to cost them something more than a discounted deal.

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It will take more than 1 guy to beef up the front 7, was my point.

Yeah....which means we will need more resources to bolster the pass rush effectively.

The less resources you put into corner means that there will be more resources you can put into pass rush. More into pass rush, less into corner.  

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It will take more than 1 guy to beef up the front 7, was my point.

That's sort of what I was disagreeing with.

For example, restructure both Hughes and Addison so they only hit at <5M in terms of cap (which is likely what they'd get in the open market), release Morse, Brown and Jefferson, sign a legit EDGE - and you have an excellent 4 man rotation at the EDGE with Hughes, New Signing, AJE, and Addison.  You combine that with an elite 1T in Oliver, a pretty good 3T in Star...and that gets you to pretty close to an elite pass rush, equivalent to that of the Bucs, depending on who you sign as your new EDGE.

The Chiefs made the D look bad, but they took advantage of basically a single match-up issue - our DEs vs their tackles. Oliver actually had a pretty good game, and with just one guy like Barrett, that's a VERY different ball game. The Bills have a better back 7 than the Bucs.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

While the Bills aren’t  the laughing stock anymore, choosing to live in a cold, dreary, snowy city can be a decision many want no part of making.  I’ve had opportunities to move back east and haven’t seriously considered one of them because I dislike the east coast due to the humidity and local time as a sport junkie. I’m a morning person by nature and I hate the fact many sporting events are on until 12-1am.  LAME.  Not to mention I hate shoveling/snow blowing/ having my daily routine interrupted due to something that falls from the sky.  Many feel the same.  Especially millionaire athletes 

I really hate this argument Brown, Diggs, Beasley had no problems choosing what you call a cold, dreary, snowy city.  I love Western NY.

They come cause we are an up and rising team

They come because they trust this organization and the process it gives 

They enjoy the best god darn football fans in the NFL.

They come cause we have players in place they trust in.

We may have snow but we don't have earthquakes in a regular basis.

We don't have Hurricanes 

We don't have Tornado's on a regular basis

We don't have Wild Fires.

We don't have major flash flooding as bad as many many other cities.

Mother nature kicks everyone every where one way or another right in the but.

This is yet another horrible narrative 

Sorry NewEra I agree with most everything you say ... this post is garbage time and insulting to me

I feel like your mocking our city cause we have cold and snow.. I hate it and everything about this post.

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

They only have to deal with a couple of crappy months in Buffalo and can live wherever they want in the offseason.  Training camp through November isn't that bad.  (And I hate the cold and snow just as much as you)

33 minutes ago, BillsCuse said:

They only have to deal with a couple of crappy months in Buffalo and can live wherever they want in the offseason.  Training camp through November isn't that bad.  (And I hate the cold and snow just as much as you)

Some feel that way.  And there’s there’s some that don’t. 

my point was, while we are a destination for FAs based on our culture and talent level, some people just refuse to the join a small

market cold weather city