Derek Carr reportedly in demand, could lead to trade

YoloinOhio

48 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

The funny thing is the last two seasons Carr has put up better numbers than Stafford. And Carr is younger. Is it really that crazy at this point?

I've been considering Carr the Kirk Cousins of the AFC for a couple years now. Nice players but they don't seem to show up in big moments or for big games.

12 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I can actually see why the Cowboys won’t budge on Daks demands Dak is good but he’s not worth 40 mill a year everything has to be letter perfect for him to win...putting Josh in Dallas with their receiving corps and running game and the Cowboys are probably in the Super Bowl 

I'm sure you could find a couple of GMs that would be chomping at the bit to trade for Dak and pay him what he wants.  I don't have a very high opinion of Dak. 

If Jerry Jones looks at this QB market right now, I seriously shop Dak and try to get as much for him and find another QB in the draft.

If you can get 4 #1's for Dak, how do you NOT trade him?

7 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

Carr was in the MVP race a few seasons ago, and hasn't really ever been bad. 

He just might benefit from a chance of scenery. 

I could see a team like the Colts trading for Carr. The Colts, as a team, are pretty solid across the board. Is Carr a downgrade from Rivers last year? I dont think so. If anything, Carr is capable of putting up huge numbers any given week - we’ve all seen it - and can be viewed as an upgrade. 

If im a Colts fan and I look at how good my team roster is, Id gladly trade 2 first round picks to guarantee 10-13

win seasons for the next 3-5 years in that division. 

The colts should not draft a QB and let him develop while the window for the talent they currently have closes.

Edited by bobobonators

Carr reminds me of Carson Palmer. 

Palmer was always the 320 yards, 2 TD, 1 INT and a loss QB.

Stats always seemed there but there was something missing. Stafford is this X2.

Then, Palmer goes to the Raiders and continues to be the 300+ yards in a loss guy. Finally, he gets to Arizona and all of a sudden he is a top QB in the league and winning tons of games. 

I see Carr being this on a new team, and I think Stafford is going to be a top 5-7 QB with the Rams. Sometimes guys just need a new team. 

11 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

This is a very bad decision on Gruden’s part if he lets Carr go. He certainly isn’t the best, but you could do a lot lot worse. Draft one before you deal Carr, maybe even sit the rook on the bench for a year. Dumb dumb dumbity dumb dumb.

they just resigned peterman and have Mariota.  How can you be in bad shape if you have the most pro ready qb from us draft class as well as a former chip Kelly protege .

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Victory Formation said:

This is a very bad decision on Gruden’s part if he lets Carr go. He certainly isn’t the best, but you could do a lot lot worse. Draft one before you deal Carr, maybe even sit the rook on the bench for a year. Dumb dumb dumbity dumb dumb.

Depends on whatcha want. I don’t think Carr has a chance to win a SB unless he has an elite D.  Building one of those is harder than finding a QB better than Carr imo.  If I’m gruden, I’m trying to find a better starting QB.  Settling for Carr when you can get draft capital for him is a mistake imo. Especially with Mariota under context for 9 mill.  He’s not gonna win a super bowl with either of them.  May as well get your draft picks