Johnson and Johnson vaccine shows real promise

Data is out apparently on the Johnson and Johnson vaccine.  It shows 72% effectiveness against developing either moderate or severe disease after Covid infection, and 85% against sever disease.  It may not be as effective against the South African variant, but deaths were essentially eliminated with this vaccine.  Side effects are very, very minimal.  .  It's not an mRNA virus like the two currently available; it is an adenovirus (cold virus) engineered to produce the Covid spike protein.  And major advantages include that it is a single dose vaccine, and that it can be stored t room temperature.  

I hope the administration gets this vaccine out to the states as quickly as possible.  While 72% effectiveness may seem low compared to the 95% of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, it is still a comparatively very good response as opposed to, say, annual flu vaccines that vary in effectiveness based on the strain.  With these 3 approaches we should be able to get enough folks inoculated to get things back to normal this year.  

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, I am the egg man said:

Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are proving to be quite effective.

Amazing how Biden whipped these companies into shape to treat Covid since his inauguration only 11 days ago.

Why are you putting politics into this?  

I got the Moderna one. Side effects were terrible. second shot is supposed to be worse.

My daughters school is giving all the teachers the day off the day after the second shot because they don’t think they will have enough substitutes.

If this can help with one shot and limit side effects, that would be great!

Daily cases seem to be going down with the first vaccines. That’s hopeful.

450,000 deaths though is sad.

8 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I got the Moderna one. Side effects were terrible. second shot is supposed to be worse.

My daughters school is giving all the teachers the day off the day after the second shot because they don’t think they will have enough substitutes.

If this can help with one shot and limit side effects, that would be great!

Daily cases seem to be going down with the first vaccines. That’s hopeful.

450,000 deaths though is sad.

My elderly dad got it with ZERO side effects. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

My elderly dad got it with ZERO side effects. 

I got it with no problem.  I get my 2nd shot on Tuesday.  I expect to have some symptoms.

And I've heard people who have CCP virus had bad symptoms with the first dose.  Which makes sense.