Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

21 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And how did the Republicans vote for it? The anti-war sentiment came from the left while the right cheered it on with a bloodlust 

Most Republicans voted for it as I inferred. Just like most Democrats voted for it.

spare me your naive need to vindicate your sacred leaders. There is blood on the hands of the majority of politicians when it comes to most wars. 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The Bush administration pushed the WMB narrative and everyone bought it, Dem's and Rep's alike.  Officials like Rumsfeld and Powell testified to Congress about the WMD peril.  Committed perjury but nobody was prosecuted or held accountable.  No hearings, no nothing.  Deep State 1, Truth 0.  If it was Trump, an outsider to the Washington establishment and power that did this imagine the uproar from the deep state and their media shills. 

Along with this was the suggestion Saddam had something to do with the 911 attacks which was completely false.  While brutal his regime keep the religious extremists under control.  And contained the ambitions of Iran.

As a results 100's of thousands of Iraqi's died while millions were displaced.  Thousands of US service men and women were killed, wounded, or left with PTSD.  $100's of billions were wasted on destruction and war and sweetheart deals and contracts for well-connected companies and big corporations.  Also, Iran with their natural enemy removed by America is now free to roam the region.  A global refugee problem resulted.

Then Obama continued this while F'ing up Libya, Syria, and almost Eqypt. 

Trump supporting the Saudi's in Yemen.

And currently Biden is filling out his team with former Obama war hawks.  Guess whats coming?   

I wish everyone would get it and see there are insiders with power and outsiders with no power.  Not Democrats or Republicans.  We have one party rule where 90% of what happens, happens no matter which party is in charge while the other 10% moves left and right.  We all fight and debate over that 10%.  What's needed is some critical questioning and push back about the 90%.  Instead we have national debates about gender pronouns and other insignificant nonsense.      

the respective media echo chambers act as marketing tools for exactly this and gloss over their inability for neutral critical thinking. I’m not sure about any deep state, I think it’s shallow politicians doing it right in front of us. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Most Republicans voted for it as I inferred. Just like most Democrats voted for it.

spare me your naive need to vindicate your sacred leaders. There is blood on the hands of the majority of politicians when it comes to most wars. 

the respective media echo chambers act as marketing tools for exactly this and gloss over their inability for neutral critical thinking. I’m not sure about any deep state, I think it’s shallow politicians doing it right in front of us. 

No, the Republicans were furiously for the war, the Dems lukewarm at best. 

Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) on Thursday will propose providing at least $3,000 per child to millions of American families, lending bipartisan support to President Biden’s push to dramatically expand child benefits.

Romney’s proposal would provide $4,200 per year for every child up to the age of 6, as well as $3,000 per year for every child age 6 to 17. Senior Democrats are currently drafting legislation as part of their $1.9 trillion stimulus proposal that would provide $3,600 per year for every child up to the age of 6, as well as $3,000 for every child aged 6 to 17.

The emergence of Romney’s child benefits plan as Democrats prepare a similar effort could give the White House an opportunity to incorporate policies with bipartisan support into its relief package. Romney has said Biden’s stimulus proposal is too expensive, meaning he may vote against the broader plan even if it includes much of his new child benefits proposal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2021/02/04/romney-child-benefit-stimulus/

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Lies.  If the vote was just among D senators war wins 29-21. Your parties ‘anti war’ monicker is just another false narrative the hypnotized sheep eat hook line and sinker. This includes the president and the last D presidential candidate. 

it was an oil affair, not a Republican affair. It just so happens more oil money and interest flows to the R party, so they lied to their herd convincing them of some preemptive necessity. 

the best history teacher I ever had broke it down very simply.  All wars ever were about money and power.  Since most people aren’t willing to die for that, a different narrative like freedom is needed to sell. 

https://followthemoney.com/how-americas-petrodollar-system-influenced-the-2003-iraq-war/

Here is another good take on war and why it happens and who profits.  It was written by Smedley Butler, the most decorated Marine in WW I. 

https://www.wanttoknow.info/warisaracket

Its not very long. I highly recommend it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Wow dumbest take imaginable... how about because corporations employ people? I’d rather my company be bailed out and keep my job then getting a one time government check, personally.

and the narrative is that was a one party idea? 

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/228836-obama-auto-bailout-was-the-right-thing-to-do

• Like (+1) 1

I get boosting the economy when we are in the pandemic crisis we are in.  I am a fiscal conservative, but I get it.  But do it intelligently.  Make sure small businesses and not big corporations get $$.  Make sure the unemployed or underemployed get $$.  I have been fortunate that my job has not been affected by the crisis; don't send people like me $1400 when so many others have been out of work and can use the $$.  If you're going to do this do it with some sense of rationality and proportion.  And then give us some kind of idea how , after we conquer the virus, what will be done to pay down the debt.  Having close to 25 trillions of dollars of debt is simply untenable.  

27 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Also incorrect...  

but keep getting bamboozled by your two party right/wrong, good/bad construct. That’s what they all want. 

Right wing is bad. Keep trying to make it like, "Oh, they are all bad!" It's a dodge 

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

44 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Wow dumbest take imaginable... how about because corporations employ people? I’d rather my company be bailed out and keep my job then getting a one time government check, personally.

and the narrative is that was a one party idea? 

https://thehill.com/policy/transportation/228836-obama-auto-bailout-was-the-right-thing-to-do

great read... your link even explains well the chart above. Revving up the military complex is great for gdp. 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Right wing is bad. Keep trying to make it like, "Oh, they are all bad!" It's a dodge 

Thought control and group think is bad. But Keep buying what their selling ya. Right needs your hate as badly as left needs your love. That’s how it all works. 

you don’t have to pick sides in the ‘are not are too’ game. It’s not a dodge to be a free independent thinker skeptical of groups who’s sole purpose is obtaining and maintaining power. 

11 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Thought control and group think is bad. But Keep buying what their selling ya. Right needs your hate as badly as left needs your love. That’s how it all works. 

you don’t have to pick sides in the ‘are not are too’ game. It’s not a dodge to be a free independent thinker skeptical of groups who’s sole purpose is obtaining and maintaining power. 

Republicans just really suck, that's why the American people have put them in the minority 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Republicans just really suck, that's why the American people have put them in the minority 

just a different flock of sheep herded by different Sheppards.  I’m sure they are programmed to think the same about you. 

16 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Elaborate here if you would...

you didn’t realize one of the things politicians love about war, aside from re-election, media distraction and increased power is the positive impact on the economy? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Billy Baldwin? Come on, man.  He had ONE decent movie, Backdraft.   Regardless of that, those companies employ people, finance all of the work done in our country (which also creates jobs), and generally are what keep the world economy spinning.  And anyway, all those TARP bailouts have actually made money for the government:

https://projects.propublica.org/bailout/

43 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

200.gif

35 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

just a different flock of sheep herded by different Sheppards.  I’m sure they are programmed to think the same about you. 

When things are going bad for one side, the side that is doing bad tries to make it seem like they are all bad. Or that both parties wanted that war. Nope, Bush the Republican wanted that war and was president. He rallied the base to it and Dems got labeled soft on terror or worse.