Biden Confronts The Economic Crisis

Tiberius

On 1/23/2021 at 12:18 PM, TBBills said:

You must really hate the republicans than.

Trump went golfing while your loved ones died and laughed at you while you supported him for doing it.

Not nearly as much as you do that's for sure ! 

I'm amazed at how much hate and negativity 1 person can have for another person or persons ! 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

Yes, and we'll get into more wars real soon under sleepy Joe the Warmonger.

Better than the civil war Trump tried to start.

I love how republicans want war and death.

6 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

The Left predicted Trump would have the U.S. in wars and launching nukes within a month of his 2016 inauguration

They won't even wake Biden up if the same occurs.

Instead he tried to start a civil war.

5 hours ago, T master said:

Not nearly as much as you do that's for sure ! 

I'm amazed at how much hate and negativity 1 person can have for another person or persons ! 

Yea Trump hate for the American people is amazing.

• Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Sucks when Americans attack the Capitol over lies told to them by a man they thought they could trust.

The ever vigilant Left will safeguard all the Capitols forever.

.....as long as their lemmings keep believing they're under attack.

17 minutes ago, TBBills said:

giphy.gif

Edited by I am the egg man

Just now, I am the egg man said:

The ever vigilant Left will safeguard all the Capitols forever.

.....as long as their lemmings keep believing they're un

giphy.gif

The worse you all act on this site the better job the democrats are doing. Republicans only cry when things are actually going the opposite of what they hope. You hope for failure and the opposite is happening.

Just now, TBBills said:

The worse you all act on this site the better job the democrats are doing. Republicans only cry when things are actually going the opposite of what they hope. You hope for failure and the opposite is happening.

You got it. Me and a couple pals sway the nation.

giphy.gif

Senior U.S. lawmakers are stressing out about mounting government debt as they resist President Joe Biden’s $1.9 trillion plan to boost the economy through more direct checks to Americans and aid to states and cities.

But investors in the federal debt, a wide range of market-focused economists and officials in the Biden administration have a firm response: Don’t worry about it right now.

The debt poses no imminent danger to U.S. finances, they say, so the more pressing concern should be jump-starting the economy to avoid the type of sluggish recovery that persisted for years following the Great Recession.

“Without further action, we risk a longer, more painful recession now — and long-term scarring of the economy later,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen told senators last week at her confirmation hearing.

The U.S. government spent its way to a record-busting $3.1 trillion budget deficit in fiscal 2020 — and that was before Congress passed another $900 billion coronavirus relief package in December. But interest rates have barely budged from their rock-bottom levels, signaling that investors — the people who actually finance the debt — aren’t the least bit concerned about all that government borrowing.

More than a decade of historically low rates, coupled with surging demand for safe investments like U.S. Treasury bonds, ensure that Biden can probably spend as much as he wants to revive the pandemic-battered economy and concentrate on the debt later, despite new alarms being raised by Republicans in particular.

Yellen, confirmed on Monday night as Treasury chief, and Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell have embraced the idea of using deficit spending to get the economy back on track — and potentially save money in the long run — as millions remain unemployed and small businesses have been forced to close. And it’s a strategy that has found plenty of support on Wall Street.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/26/wall-street-national-debt-462453

23 hours ago, TBBills said:

I love how republicans want war and death.

You do know that President Biden and Senator Clinton and many other democrats voted for a totally unnecessary war that resulted in the death of 1,000,000+ brown people?  Right?

War is something that  Republicans and Democrats can both agree on.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You do know that President Biden and Senator Clinton and many other democrats voted for a totally unnecessary war that resulted in the death of 1,000,000+ brown people?  Right?

Wrong.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Are you arguing Clinton and Biden did not vote for the war in Iraq or that a million Iraqis did not die from the war? 

The war where over 96% of republicans in the house voted for war where only 36% of democrats did?

Or where 99% of republicans votes yes in the senate.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

For the most part, yes.  If Gore was elected it's probable he would've also invaded Iraq.  Not taking out Sudaam in the first Gulf War still had him as Hitler 2.0 in American minds.  After 9/11, the pressure from the Republicans and the public (WE WANTED VENGEANCE) pry would've pushed him to invade Iraq even if there was some opposition within his own party.  

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

For the most part, yes.  If Gore was elected it's probable he would've also invaded Iraq.  Not taking out Sudaam in the first Gulf War still had him as Hitler 2.0 in American minds.  After 9/11, the pressure from the Republicans and the public (WE WANTED VENGEANCE) pry would've pushed him to invade Iraq even if there was some opposition within his own party.  

Thanks for your as usual well thought out post.

As to the bolded, I didn't.

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

I love Monday Morning Quarterbacks

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

The war where over 96% of republicans in the house voted for war where only 36% of democrats did?

Or where 99% of republicans votes yes in the senate.

Good point.  

The bottom line remains that a lot of D's voted for it too.  Less than Rs did, but that doesn't let them off the hook.

The D's have run 3 people that voted for it for President ( Kerry, Clinton, and Biden ).  If they didn't also like war they never would have nominated those 3.  My own personal opinion is that anyone that voted for or promoted this fiasco should move to the Arizona dessert, wear sack cloth and ashes, do penance, and never be heard from again. But that's just me.

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I love Monday Morning Quarterbacks

No Monday morning QBing for me.  I was against it from the start.  I still have my Stop World War W button.  I protested. I went to a prayer vigil the night before it started hoping against hope cooler heads would prevail.

Just cuz you and Uncle Joe got snookered by W and Uncle Dick doesn't mean we all did.