OT - Toilet question

rockpile

you better call the plumber.

23713[/snapback]

That sounds like great advice :pirate: I sure hope he didn't have a floater or two in there when this happened

:pirate: its kind of like in the holy grail when the "french" soldiers went behind the castle wall laughing to each other with one saying "I told him we already had one", thats what rock's neighbor did when he was with the other neighbors "....I told him to 'cork' it with a tennis ball"

:)

I'm sorry, but that is the funniest thing I ever read.  A tennis ball?  Tell your "friend" to get it out.

23778[/snapback]

My basement was flooding - water slowly coming up through the toilet. A neighbor said he "corked" his with a tennis ball. I tried but the ball went all the way up into the toilet!  :pirate:

How do I get it out?

!@#$ing rain..... :)

23696[/snapback]

Ask Jerry Sullivan. He can usually be found licking a toilet bowl clean.

Okay let me ask again.  Am I to understand you took a tennis ball, crammed into the commode area on the toilet, jamming it in the hole, hoping that it would stop your flooding.  WTF.  Why would you do that?  I would not admit that on a public board.

23919[/snapback]

:pirate::):w00t::);)

sorry Rock but this is just too damn funny

My basement was flooding - water slowly coming up through the toilet. A neighbor said he "corked" his with a tennis ball. I tried but the ball went all the way up into the toilet!  :pirate:

How do I get it out?

23696[/snapback]

On older toilets, the water comes into the tank from a pipe that's usually below and on the left side of the tank. That pipe has a valve on it. Turn the valve clockwise. That should shut the water off.

If it's a newer model toilet, I'm not sure it's as easy to find. The valve should still be near the wall behind the toilet, though

How do I get it out?

23696[/snapback]

As for the tennis ball...you call a plumber, and when they're done laughing at you, they'll remove it for $150... :w00t:

yeah like i said the left sided kanuder valve, it should work :pirate:

On older toilets, the water comes into the tank from a pipe that's usually below and on the left side of the tank.  That pipe has a valve on it.  Turn the valve clockwise.  That should shut the water off.

If it's a newer model toilet, I'm not sure it's as easy to find.  The valve should still be near the wall behind the toilet, though

23932[/snapback]

On older toilets, the water comes into the tank from a pipe that's usually below and on the left side of the tank.  That pipe has a valve on it.  Turn the valve clockwise.  That should shut the water off.

If it's a newer model toilet, I'm not sure it's as easy to find.  The valve should still be near the wall behind the toilet, though

23932[/snapback]

If I'm understanding him right, his issue is water RETURNING through the floor from backpressure due to rain and his toilet being below ground level. Not from the supply side.

If I'm understanding him right, his issue is water RETURNING through the floor from backpressure due to rain and his toilet being below ground level.  Not from the supply side.

23940[/snapback]

You know about toilets? When'd you replace the outhouse, Alaska-boy?

You know about toilets?  When'd you replace the outhouse, Alaska-boy?

23947[/snapback]

Yeah. We all live in igloos and pee outside. Very original. You pining to be a Marine? No way they make a brain bucket large enough to cover that melon.

FWIW, I have 3 one-piece American Standards in my igloo. Very nice, complete with extended bowls. Heavy SOBs to install.

Yeah.  We all live in igloos and pee outside.  Very original.  You pining to be a Marine?  No way they make a brain bucket large enough to cover that melon.

FWIW, I have 3 one-piece American Standards in my igloo.  Very nice, complete with extended bowls.  Heavy SOBs to install.

23955[/snapback]

Don't lump me with that as-s-hole.

find the kanuder valve, the left one, turn it counter clockwise twice then clockwise once, the tennis ball should just kind of roll right out.

23790[/snapback]

Just be careful when you pull apart the reflactor plate that you don't damage the framus. That could set off a whole chain reaction.

Rock:  Are you talking about a basement toilet? Does it have that underground pump? Do have city sewer or a septic system?

23754[/snapback]

Damn, but you ask a lot of intelligent questions for a girl! I bet you like football too! :w00t:

Basement toilet.

No pump.

City Sewer.

Problem is we got so much rain that the storm sewers could not handle the volume of water. When this happens, the storm sewer spills over into the sanitary sewer. When that gets overloaded, water backs up from the street to the house.. you get the picture. :)

Corked the stationary tub so I did not get sewage coming up there. A neighbor suggested I cork my toilet with a tennis ball (it worked in their toilet) to stop it from backing up.

When I did that, my toilet ate the tennis ball. :pirate:

I solved my problem, but I want to read some more comments before I give you the Final Jeopardy answer. :)

I'm sorry, but that is the funniest thing I ever read.  A tennis ball?  Tell your "friend" to get it out.

23778[/snapback]

I had my doubts, since a rag wrapped in a plastic bagged, jammed in the plug hole like packing a cannon was working purty good. :pirate:

Okay let me ask again.  Am I to understand you took a tennis ball, crammed into the commode area on the toilet, jamming it in the hole, hoping that it would stop your flooding.  WTF.  Why would you do that?  I would not admit that on a public board.

23919[/snapback]

Would you admit it in private? :pirate:

If I'm understanding him right, his issue is water RETURNING through the floor from backpressure due to rain and his toilet being below ground level.  Not from the supply side.

23940[/snapback]

Thank you Darin. None of these maroons in the lower 49 were getting that part right.

:pirate: