Donald Trump permanently banned on Twitter

12 minutes ago, wAcKy ZeBrA said:

Probably a good idea for a company to distance themselves as far from an insurrectionist who cultivated a mob that attacked the United States Capitol as possible. Especially when said insurrectionist spent years cultivating that mob on said company’s platform.

That is not fascism - that is a business decision.

Not remotely similar.

This is being seen on far right media outlets as they connect the liability dots and are thinking that purveyung known misinformation that incites a riot could potentially  backfire on them too.

If Twitter and Facebook are being called upon to manage their platforms why do cable networks get a free pass when they allow Newsmax, OANN, and Fox News to stir up the ignorant masses with baseless election fraud allegations?

They are just as culpable in fomenting this Stop the Steal nonsense where the only one trying to steal the election was the sore loser - Trump.

• Like (+1) 2

this is the full statement: Here's the full statement by Twitter: https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topic...uspension.html

Company
Permanent suspension of @realDonaldTrump
By Twitter Inc.
Friday, 8 January 2021
After close review of recent Tweets from the @realDonaldTrump account and the context around them — specifically how they are being received and interpreted on and off Twitter — we have permanently suspended the account due to the risk of further incitement of violence.

In the context of horrific events this week, we made it clear on Wednesday that additional violations of the Twitter Rules would potentially result in this very course of action. Our public interest framework exists to enable the public to hear from elected officials and world leaders directly. It is built on a principle that the people have a right to hold power to account in the open.

However, we made it clear going back years that these accounts are not above our rules entirely and cannot use Twitter to incite violence, among other things. We will continue to be transparent around our policies and their enforcement.

The below is a comprehensive analysis of our policy enforcement approach in this case.

Overview

On January 8, 2021, President Donald J. Trump tweeted:

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

Shortly thereafter, the President tweeted:

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

Due to the ongoing tensions in the United States, and an uptick in the global conversation in regards to the people who violently stormed the Capitol on January 6, 2021, these two Tweets must be read in the context of broader events in the country and the ways in which the President’s statements can be mobilized by different audiences, including to incite violence, as well as in the context of the pattern of behavior from this account in recent weeks. After assessing the language in these Tweets against our Glorification of Violence policy, we have determined that these Tweets are in violation of the Glorification of Violence Policy and the user @realDonaldTrump should be immediately permanently suspended from the service.

Assessment

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending.
The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.
Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.
As such, our determination is that the two Tweets above are likely to inspire others to replicate the violent acts that took place on January 6, 2021, and that there are multiple indicators that they are being received and understood as encouragement to do so.

@Twitter
Twitter Inc.

‎@Twitter‎ verified

Your official source for what’s happening.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Google banned Parler already from playstore. 

Wow.

The internet in the hands of evil has shown to brainwash many individuals. We saw it with ISIS using the internet to recruit feeble minded people. 

We see it now with Trump's attempt at a totalitarian government, using these platforms to brainwash the feeble minded citizens of this country.

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think it’s pretty commonly accepted practice in civilized society that when you disagree with someone, you tell them to shut the &$&@ up and silence them.  It’s not discriminatory if you don’t like them.

-Twitter 2020 

That happens on Billsfans.com only difference is what you described is Billsfans.com to a tee... And Twitter did it to prevent a man from creating more acts of terrorism.

Edited by TBBills

2 hours ago, Process said:

It's funny. If they did this four years ago he probably wins 2020 in a landslide. 

I've been saying that twitter was his worst enemy for the last four years when this site was mostly a conservative echo chamber.  I kept hearing it's his only way to get his message out without being censored by the msm.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'll bet Don the con is depressed right now, so I'll play him a song:   "Me and grandpa Joe can make your troubles go away"

No more youtube videos??? 

Willy Wonka - Cheer Up Charlie - YouTube

Edited by daz28

Just now, TBBills said:

They will get arrested and the country will grow stronger as MAGA continues to become a terroristic group like Antifa.

They need to hold these guys long enough for Trump to be dumped.

Else that self-serving egomaniac will pardon the whole seditious lot.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, WideNine said:

They need to hold these guys long enough for Trump to be dumped.

Else that self-serving egomaniac will pardon the whole seditious lot.

Nah - it will be like a scene from the Walking Dead - this nightmare will be endless.

We are in trouble.

There is a reason why Trump’s own FBI director said that the greatest domestic terrorist threat is white supremacists.

2 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Trump will be the Left fall back excuse for all U.S. ills for the next 4 years.

.....at least.

Who knows maybe like Obama he'll bring us back from the ashes like with W.??

• Like (+1) 1

alot of cheering but they are purging accounts like crazy. #walkaway has been purged. from my understanding it was a peaceful movement of former democrats who decided to leave the democratic party with testimonials.

parler has also been banned from app stores.

this is about going back to the good old days of 4 channels and complete control over the narrative.

enjoy the echo chamber folks

This is REAL simple, and it has zilch to do with free speech.  They have RULES just like anything else.  He CONSISTENTLY broke those rules, and got MORE leeway than you or I would have(is that fair?).  If I go into a church and start yelling, what's gonna happen????  I'm gonna get kicked out.  That's what.  I broke the rules, so therefore I DESERVED to be kicked out.  Actions have consequences.  If Twitler had of followed the rules he'd still be there.  Don't even bother trying to tell me he didn't break any rules.  It was just because they don't like him either, because I'll laugh in your face. They let that name calling blabbermouth get away with sooo much crap.   

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

alot of cheering but they are purging accounts like crazy. #walkaway has been purged. from my understanding it was a peaceful movement of former democrats who decided to leave the democratic party with testimonials.

parler has also been banned from app stores.

this is about going back to the good old days of 4 channels and complete control over the narrative.

enjoy the echo chamber folks

You would rather have false information and propaganda to fool people? Look what it has done to these Trumpsters, they really think they are doing the right thing b.c of these sites allow propaganda to brainwash these individuals.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, TBBills said:

You would rather have false information and propaganda to fool people? Look what it has done to these Trumpsters, they really think they are doing the right thing b.c of these sites allow propaganda to brainwash these individuals.

Well, censorship is scary if they do it arbitrarily.  At the same time these guys have a right to make a living, which means run a business how you see fit.  I think of censorship more like if they took my internet away, not an account I abused.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I think it’s pretty commonly accepted practice in civilized society that when you disagree with someone, you tell them to shut the &$&@ up and silence them.  It’s not discriminatory if you don’t like them.

-Twitter 2020 

spreading lies and treasonous acts 

is a violation of many things 

he was warned dozens of times to cool down the FAKE NEWS. 

he refused. 

anyone who supports trump now is a fool 

Just like this or any other site. 

When you break the TOC rules you get banned. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

Trump will be the Left fall back excuse for all U.S. ills for the next 4 years.

.....at least.

The truth hurts.

3 hours ago, Crayola64 said:

I don’t like this at all.  I dislike trump, but tech companies making these moves is very scary

Private entities aren't subject to the First Amendment.  Deal with it.

The POTUS inciting insurrection in order to nullify the result of an election that he clearly lost by large margins is what is scary.

1 hour ago, Muppy said:

this action won't muzzle donald trump. He will just use parler and his flock will follow him there. IMO this accompluished very little beyond cleansing him from twitter.

Maybe not.  See below.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Google banned Parler already from playstore. 

Wow.

I believe the Apple app store is going to do the same.

Edited by SoTier
  • Thank you (+1) 1